• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

anti map tracker

God Aries

Reaction score
good morning friends from otland, does anyone know what could be done so that they cannot use the trackmap? I already tried the easiest and that is that they cannot enter the server with client 10 configuring in config.lua minimum version, but if I do that they obviously cannot enter with otclient, they could only enter with client 12 which is very good but I would also like them to enter with otclient ,

I already saw the anti map tracker tool but it's for 8.54 and 8.60, any suggestion what could be done for the newer versions?

I haven't opened my server through maptracker for almost 2 years, I don't want them to copy what it cost me to make a map and they copy it very easily.

If you are using TFS 1.x+ I think you can do:

1) Change protocol back to 10.98+

2) Add
Lua:
if (player.getProtocolVersion() < 12.00) {
        if (player.getOperatingSystem() != CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_LINUX && player.getProtocolVersion() != CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_WINDOWS && player.getProtocolVersion() != CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_MAC) {
            return 0;
        }
    }

Inside protocolgame.cpp under
Lua:
std::size_t clientLogin(const Player& player)
{
    // Currentslot = position in wait list, 0 for direct access
    if (player.hasFlag(PlayerFlag_CanAlwaysLogin) || player.getAccountType() >= ACCOUNT_TYPE_GAMEMASTER) {
        return 0;
    }

Even if you avoid tibia 10 client, they can use otclient to track your map.

If you are using TFS 1.x+ I think you can do:

1) Change protocol back to 10.98+

2) Add
Lua:
if (player.getProtocolVersion() < 12.00) {
        if (player.getOperatingSystem() != CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_LINUX && player.getProtocolVersion() != CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_WINDOWS && player.getProtocolVersion() != CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_MAC) {
            return 0;
        }
    }

Inside protocolgame.cpp under
Lua:
std::size_t clientLogin(const Player& player)
{
    // Currentslot = position in wait list, 0 for direct access
    if (player.hasFlag(PlayerFlag_CanAlwaysLogin) || player.getAccountType() >= ACCOUNT_TYPE_GAMEMASTER) {
        return 0;
    }
but if I add this if (player.get Protocol Version() < 12.00) it will enter with that version?, if the distribution I use is 12.64, should I add 12.64 or by adding 12.00 will it enter with clients superior to 12.x?
Post automatically merged:

Even if you avoid tibia 10 client, they can use otclient to track your map.
really? and how ? isn't the tool supposed to need client 10 to use it?

Last edited:
Add the version you use there. So 1264 I think you need to put.

Anyone can make the tool. It will limit it a little. If the right person wants your map he will get it.

we used to have special edited items.otb and client files with mixed items ids which was almost impossible to track. however, now we see the maps appear very soon on multiple sources so we stopped to use that.

If you're good with only using your own custom OTClient, try changing the map sending protocol both on server and client side.

If the map tracker can use/inject into OTClient, then I guess you're kinda screwed, only thing you can do is try to block any software from injecting into OTClient in the first place.

If you're good with only using your own custom OTClient, try changing the map sending protocol both on server and client side.

If the map tracker can use/inject into OTClient, then I guess you're kinda screwed, only thing you can do is try to block any software from injecting into OTClient in the first place.
It will be quite hard in userland without driver. Even if can't inject, other process can still got access to other process and read map array directly from memory. Another idea is to change as many items id as can to make tracked map unusable without much effort

You can make it harder to track but I don’t think it is possible to avoid it completely.

It will be quite hard in userland without driver. Even if can't inject, other process can still got access to other process and read map array directly from memory. Another idea is to change as many items id as can to make tracked map unusable without much effort
Never said it was going to be easy or necessarily even achievable as I did open up by saying he's kinda screwed. But certainly possible to give a shot. Keep in mind the goal isn't to stop the NSA from tracking your map, just OTLand users.

To read the data in memory you'd probably have to write a completely new program to achieve this assuming that all the trackers does not have this feature, which I'm guessing is likely the case.

I don't see why changing server based itemids is gonna do anything at all since the server afaik has to send client based itemids for the client to make any sense of it, otherwise you'll need some kind of conversion table like OTClient reading the items.otb or some other equivalent, but in the end it doesn't accomplish anything because the client has to store the map data with the "correct" Tibia.dat itemids, which can then be read.
I thought of my own (similar, but more advanced) solution writing your own basic algorithm on server and client side that scrambles itemids before I realized that the map tracker might be capable of injection into OTClient, and the itemids has to be unscrambled in the end, so if it reads from memory instead of reading the network data you're kinda screwed.

But I guess you could scramble Tibia.dat itemids and use the same (scrambled) "send" ids on server side, it can easily be reversed if you don't protect your assets, but if you do (I know, again a hard task, but the only option you've really got left), it's gonna be hard to track properly.

Last edited:
Back