• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Any better way of creating random spawns?

SixNine

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to create a function that spawns X objects on the map with intervals and chances. Currently, the only method I know involves hardcoding x, y, and z coordinates and randomly creating objects at those positions. However, I find this approach incredibly repetitive. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a more efficient way to achieve this without it becoming monotonous. One idea I had was to utilize zones in RME, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it, and there's a risk it might spawn objects on unintended surfaces like trees. Another consideration was spawning to specific terrains like grass or sand, but I'm unsure if its possible or even smart option. Any ideas? TFS 1.2

If you want to keep control on where items should spawn and where not to spawn you will have to register coordinates, there is however somewhere on this forum a tutorial how to add new zones in your RME, from there you could write a script but it's gonna take the same amount of work, perhaps even more.

There are no shortcuts these configurations.
There is also a Rain Item script which you may adjust to a global event.
Anyway Search (https://otland.net/search/)

If you want to keep control on where items should spawn and where not to spawn you will have to register coordinates, there is however somewhere on this forum a tutorial how to add new zones in your RME, from there you could write a script but it's gonna take the same amount of work, perhaps even more.

There are no shortcuts these configurations.
There is also a Rain Item script which you may adjust to a global event.
Anyway Search (https://otland.net/search/)
I do have zone system already and using it in some situations but not sure how to prevent it from spamming on dumb objects :D