• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any “Serious” Servers out there?

Malthael

Reaction score
so I’ve really been looking for a “serious” server to play, what I mean by that is preferable a custom map, low experience, lots of secrets to explore, any client version, but preferably 7.4, before rune hotness. I’m tired of all of the “real tibia map” 7.4 servers with nothing custom. Sure that was back in the prime of tibia but I’ve seen the same spawns over and over and nothing custom, as I’m sure we can all agree with, it gets boring grinding the same spawns over and over, especially when they are all the same.

I have been playing Adream which I really enjoy it, however the 8 hour stamina cap kinda has me looking for more.

Does anybody have any suggestions on a good custom OT to play? Even if it is a real trivia map server I’d be interested however, only if it has custom spawns and such

so I’ve really been looking for a “serious” server to play, what I mean by that is preferable a custom map, low experience, lots of secrets to explore, any client version, but preferably 7.4, before rune hotness. I’m tired of all of the “real tibia map” 7.4 servers with nothing custom. Sure that was back in the prime of tibia but I’ve seen the same spawns over and over and nothing custom, as I’m sure we can all agree with, it gets boring grinding the same spawns over and over, especially when they are all the same.

I have been playing Adream which I really enjoy it, however the 8 hour stamina cap kinda has me looking for more.

Does anybody have any suggestions on a good custom OT to play? Even if it is a real trivia map server I’d be interested however, only if it has custom spawns and such
You can enjoy the last beta stage on Rakkedo :D
Its still in "creating" but everything going to be custom, check maybe you will like it :)

Kingdom Age Online (click here)

Well, my server is not online, but I put a lot of secrets on the game, also it's low experience, retro play, no gold drop, no inflation.
The problem is that it's only real rookgaard, but with new underground zones, I tried to respect the genuine feeling of real tibia rookgaard, for a few players online game it's ok I guess, I invite you to check it out and play it by youself or with your friends!
Also I am adding new areas and quests, tasks, and lots of new secrets!

I love the idea of Rookgaard RPG, I would most definitely run it for me and a few friends, however when it comes to creating an OT... I am seriously lost now... Port Forwarding and all of that still is not a problem to me, the problem is I haven’t ran an OT server since SQL first came out and all of this new stuff that it’s run on confuses me, I’m sure if I found a good tutorial on how to properly get a server to work I would be able to, but as for compiling files and etc... I’m afraid I am no longer up to speed on how things work when making it... if there is any tutorial you could give me a link to, I would most definitely give it a shot and try. Oddly enough .lua scripting I am still good with, however like I said compiling something and running something is where I am beat. Times have really changed since the last time I have hosted and if somebody could put me in the right direction then I would give it a shot

Medivia

I enjoyed Medivia back in the day however, the fact you NEED to be premium account to make runes now kind of threw me off of playing it.
This is the most retarded thing I could think of in terms of making people buy premiums for real cash.. damn

Bit of a plug but my server fits your description, been up for a year has no bullshit cash shop just gameplay. [Australia] Nutopia | Client 11&12 | Nutopia Original Map - Low Rate RPG - 1 Year Up time - WIPED 07/02/20 (https://otland.net/threads/australia-nutopia-client-11-12-nutopia-original-map-low-rate-rpg-1-year-up-time-wiped-07-02-20.264943/page-2#post-2591229) its in AUS though so not sure where your situated if your fare away expect bad ping but i have had a few Americans and EU's on.

Well, Medivia was nice when it was pure 7.4
After they started to change the graphics and trying to turn it into their "own" game it lost its charm.

Pay for premium to make runes?
They went from bad to 💩 in a hurry then.

After they started to change the graphics and trying to turn it into their "own" game it lost its charm.

I'd rather that then have 1k+ bots like on retrocores :D While it wasn't the greatest solution, maybe just the best solutions at the time. I understand why Medivia did what they did though.

I must admit though I have been playing there for like 5-6 months now and have been thoroughly enjoying it, those who mention about the losing charm prob losing 100% nostalgia, yet the game itself is still solid. There is so much to complete and learn, I feel like I have yet to scratch the surface. That being said the game sometimes if you're going into it solo can feel very lonely, I only started enjoying it fully when I powered through it and met a few nice people.

That statement doesn't make any sense. You have countless of "7.4" open Tibia servers up there where you can play on, so I suppose every one of them has some sort of "charm" because in a way they are some sort of 7.4 replica. However, somehow none of them manages to survive for any longer than few months or they lose their players pretty quickly.

That being the case, Legacy world is about to hit 9 years being online since the launch in 2011 (9 years of history without any single reset during that time). You can find some really old characters, e.g.:

I enjoyed Medivia back in the day however, the fact you NEED to be premium account to make runes now kind of threw me off of playing it.

This is the most retarded thing I could think of in terms of making people buy premiums for real cash.. damn

That was actually a cheap solution from our side to get rid of countless free account farms as in some countries they tend to make a living out of it. As cheap as it may sound, it served its purpose. It was much more expensive to make a farm and they mostly gave up on it. Also, since Medivia banishment is based on account (and not the character itself) you did lose your premium when you violated the rules.

Anyway, I do actually want to make the game much more F2P friendly with the new mainland update. I believe all spells will likely to be free to use for free accounts (including creation of runes). However, runes created by free accounts will be soul-bound to the character who created it. Therefore they would be of no-use for any other character.

That statement doesn't make any sense. You have countless of "7.4" open Tibia servers up there where you can play on, so I suppose every one of them has some sort of "charm" because in a way they are some sort of 7.4 replica. However, somehow none of them manages to survive for any longer than few months or they lose their players pretty quickly.

That being the case, Legacy world is about to hit 9 years being online since the launch in 2011 (9 years of history without any single reset during that time). You can find some really old characters, e.g.:

That was actually a cheap solution from our side to get rid of countless free account farms as in some countries they tend to make a living out of it. As cheap as it may sound, it served its purpose. It was much more expensive to make a farm and they mostly gave up on it. Also, since Medivia banishment is based on account (and not the character itself) you did lose your premium when you violated the rules.

Anyway, I do actually want to make the game much more F2P friendly with the new mainland update. I believe all spells will likely to be free to use for free accounts (including creation of runes). However, runes created by free accounts will be soul-bound to the character who created it. Therefore they would be of no-use for any other character.

That's a smart solution!

@ForsakenPulse Yeah I understand as well why it was implemented, however its a duct tape fix at best and such things should only be temporary.
Numbers never lie and people have been unhappy with the system.

@Iryont How can a personal opinion not make any sense? Such a statement doesn't make any sense.
I truly enjoyed Medivia when it was a true 7.4 server, now I don't.

Look, I get it, the owners can't cater to the whole oldschool community.
But I'm not the only one who jumped ship when it started to turn away from its roots.

The server used to have over 1000 players on several servers.
It speaks for itself that it wasn't what the community wanted.

Maybe the owners should sit down by the drawing board and discuss what can be improved.
This is why poll systems are so great and should be more frequently used; since it gives the community a voice.
Medivia is going CipSoft and we all know how that turned out for them, RL Tibia has been given CPR for several years and still has one foot in the grave.

I did love Medivia, once upon a time.

Last edited:
@Iryont How can a personal opinion not make any sense? Such a statement doesn't make any sense.
I truly enjoyed Medivia when it was a true 7.4 server, now I don't.

Look, I get it, the owners can't cater to the whole oldschool community.
But I'm not the only one who jumped ship when it started to turn away from its roots.

Certainly you can have your own opinion and you are free to play anything you wish. However, what I disagreed with was the "charm" part as I believe Medivia has more charm nowadays than yet another 7.4 wannabe copy to be played for some time and just give up later on due to lack of content.

I remember times when we introduced Abukir which was mapped in the style of old Tibia to fit it perfectly within the lore. However, they were still die hard Tibia players who complained about new content as according to them anything new (even small custom dungeons) wasn't in the spirit of Tibia 7.4. That might have been the case, but the fact was no one would play a game for years which you know everything about. Any game will simply vanish if it won't provide new content which its players can explore to be further interested in playing.

That being said, nowadays I couldn't care less about Tibia 7.4 and it was fun while "Tibianic" lasted.

The server had over 1000 players on several servers, now its around 100~ > 200~.
It speaks for itself that it wasn't what the community wanted.

This is an incorrect assumption. What the numbers actually mean from that time is that we had huge farms roaming around Medivia when runes were available to be made on free accounts. I clearly remember farms of sometimes even 30-50 characters from one person at the "golden age of Tibianic" which we had to fight. It was neverending story for that matter as they had nothing to lose (they didn't even have main characters themselves since they were selling runes on trade groups).

@Iryont I know what you mean, however.
If you take a look at Classic WoW, you see that die hard fans are the most devoted and is the ones you want to keep happy as customers.
Because they're aren't hard to please and value their nostalgia more than others, also most of them are adults with jobs which means a 10$ donation isn't really anything to them.

Making custom content isn't bad, at all.
I enjoyed small bits and pieces of it, but when it shifted too greatly, that was when I decided to put my time elsewhere.
Personally I play OTs to get a trip down memory lane, otherwise I could just play RL Tibia.

-----

On the point of Medivia having a lot of botters, sure. But there were still much more life then than it is now and that is due to the changes.
I've had that discussion with a close friend of mine that I play with and both our opinion on why we quit was that it strayed too much from what it was.

There isn't a game and/or OT in the world that doesn't have cheaters.
The only thing you can really do to reduce botting is make it as annoying as possible to bot.

Active GMs, IP Bans (MAC would be nice, don't know if its possible), Stamina/Soul system was good implementations.
Anti AFK scripts etc. (IP Bans are great, while they can spoof their IP, they still have to put more effort into it than it is to type "/b <charactername>")

Botters are lazy, make it hard to be lazy and keep at it.
The war against botters is a war of attrition.

Experienced GMs are the most valuable since they know a botter when they see one and can act on it.
They are the elite soldiers of the team, they should be used in great numbers.

There is a lot of oldschool veterans on these forums that are more than adequate for that.

Botters are only good for one thing, that is to increase the active player count which makes the server more appealing to serious players.
Retrocores is a good example, sure it may have a lot of botters, but the high player count intrigues me.
I never had much problem as a player with rune farms, it ment more stuff for me when I killed them.

The real problem was the aim botters and auto healers, they are the cancer of OT.
Players that lack skill and can't bother to learn just go get some temporary gratification is a mystery to me.
They more than likely suffer from forms of depression and crushing players with cheats is a way for them to validate their existance.

If economy getting out of control is an issue, then have planned resets.
People don't mind as long as it isn't sudden.

Diablo 3's Season system is a good example of working resets.
Even if the game is 💩 compared to D2.

Last edited:
@Iryont I know what you mean, however.
If you take a look at Classic WoW, you see that die hard fans are the most devoted and is the ones you want to keep happy as customers.
Because they're aren't hard to please and value their nostalgia more than others, also most of them are adults with jobs which means a 10$ donation isn't really anything to them.

Making custom content isn't bad, at all.
I enjoyed small bits and pieces of it, but when it shifted too greatly, that was when I decided to put my time elsewhere.
Personally I play OTs to get a trip down memory lane, otherwise I could just play RL Tibia.

I understand and I don't mind that at all. It's a choice of players and what they wish to play and whether they want something refreshing in a way or just nostalgic feelings. I honestly hope you and others will find yourself a Tibia 7.4 copy which will fit you well, but I cannot provide that myself, at least no longer. It's past for me at this point and I don't feel any nostalgic attraction myself to even think about something like that.

However, I find myself satisfied with Medivia and in general the work we do there. It's something different, so it makes us (developers) happy enough.

Back