• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

anyone know how to bridge a modem router

sierra

Reaction score
hey I have a netcomm modem/router and a draytek router. iv opened up 7171 7172 and 80 ports and its saying after I loaded everything up its not opening up the ports but when I switch over to the netcomm modem and test the ports it says they open. can anyone give me any clues on what to do, what do I have to change in the router for it to go through the netcomm modem? if you need more infomation let me know.

bump can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you show the portforwarding part and the version of your router?
How did you see if they are closed? Because portchecksites can say they are closed when they are actually open.
Use http://vapus.net/canihost while your server is running to see if the ports are open.

Can you show the portforwarding part and the version of your router?
How did you see if they are closed? Because portchecksites can say they are closed when they are actually open.
Use http://vapus.net/canihost while your server is running to see if the ports are open.

hey yea I used the no-ip port checker is well as the vapus site to check and port checker is well and they all said that they were blocked I have feeling that the router that is coming off the modem router is some how blocking it and iv opened up the ports on both the modem router and the router it self. the router I have is a draytek, vigor 2130 series and yes before you ask I did make sure I did all port forward correctly to :) is there a port I have to open on the modem router or something like that to allow the router to tunnel through if so wold you know the port number or what to do.

maybe you opened the ports wrong? its easy for some of the ports to be opened as UDP instead of TDP

I only open up the tcp ports not udp but also have tried both ways to.

bump

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I found out I have to bridge my modemrouter so my router can go through the netcomm modem so I can use the no-ip dynamic dns service does anyone have any tips on how to bridge iv tried everything that google put up on results and failed big time lol any help be great.

The modem has nothing to do at all with opening ports on your network. So from what I'm getting you have two routers, one that is built into the modem and you want to use a different router. If that is the case you need to set your default gateway to the address the router you want to use. You should be able to find ample resources on the net from there.

yes I have done that and opened up the ports on the router to but it is still being blocked and that is why I have to bridge the modem router cannot use the dynamic dns no-ip but my router can

my default gateway is set to my router if it was set to my modemrouter I wouldn't be able to get on the net I do know some about routers and modemrouters my modem router is 192.168.1.1 and my router is 192.168.1.2 gateways

Back