• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Archez AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
that it will use MCV, and is not going to be like Gaysior AAC anymore

thats what archez said lol, but i wanna know how it will affect us

Looks pretty cool, but sort of like Modern AAC

Well, it'll always be seen just as something that looks like Modern AAC, 'cuz I can't change the fact that both engines are focused on accounts creation. What we do is not take in count some functions from Modern AAC, like: profiles, videos, etc...

@Evil Puncker:
It shouldn't (and will not) be hard for you to work with Archez AAC, although we will provide you with a complete version of the AAC, I will quote MVC wikipedia article for a more complex definition of the what the MVC goal is.

Wikipedia said:
Reduce the complexity in architectural design and to increase flexibility and maintainability of code.

Whaat? No, don't listen to Boyka! Use MVC. It is better that the community learns how to deal with the MVC pattern rather than taking the easy way out.

Whaat? No, don't listen to Boyka! Use MVC. It is better that the community learns how to deal with the MVC pattern rather than taking the easy way out.

But it's just a simple aac, he could just make like
Code:
     pages/
           views/
           codes/

Views is the view which will be loaded from codes/.

MVC was designed to keep your projects organised and simple. There's a reason why it is the most commonly used way of structuring projects in modern web development. I don't mind finding new ways, absolutely not - and definitely not if it is for a private project. But for something as public as an AAC I would recommend following the standards to make it easier for developers to contribute to the project. Rather than them having to learn something new. The reason a lot of people find ModernAAC difficult to cope with is because it contains a lot of what can be seen as 'unnecessary' tools that is included by default in CodeIgniter (and not to forget the dramatically big change from Gesior to Modern, code-wise that is). Unfortunately though, ModernAAC is not always using the MVC pattern the way it was designed to be used.

Back to the point, MVC is great. Your way of doing it is basically just an even more simplified version of it where you have removed the models and replaced the controller with non-OOP programming. Which, again, is totally fine, but not the preferred way if you ask me.

MVC was designed to keep your projects organised and simple. There's a reason why it is the most commonly used way of structuring projects in modern web development. I don't mind finding new ways, absolutely not - and definitely not if it is for a private project. But for something as public as an AAC I would recommend following the standards to make it easier for developers to contribute to the project. Rather than them having to learn something new. The reason a lot of people find ModernAAC difficult to cope with is because it contains a lot of what can be seen as 'unnecessary' tools that is included by default in CodeIgniter (and not to forget the dramatically big change from Gesior to Modern, code-wise that is). Unfortunately though, ModernAAC is not always using the MVC pattern the way it was designed to be used.

Back to the point, MVC is great. Your way of doing it is basically just an even more simplified version of it where you have removed the models and replaced the controller with non-OOP programming. Which, again, is totally fine, but not the preferred way if you ask me.
Yeah, my version is a easy like models & controllers are combined:p
But anyway, ok. :)

I want to rewrite this structure once again, but we need to finish other pages.

Remember that it's beta(beta, alpha, pre-alpha, whatever...) version.

Simple view of online players:

Sorting list done.
example:
youraddress/online/level/asc
youraddress/online/vocation/desc

Last edited:
Radio input? I think that there will be checkbox input.

@online players
There will be hyperlink from playername to his 'profile'?

@averatec
ahh, yeah. Now I can see it.

Last edited:
Radio input? I think that there will be checkbox input.

I don't think so.

#edit
In online list are hyperlinks to profiles and to sorting list(header of table).

#edit2
progress in controller houses

Last edited:
Should be 'Rent [gp]' because atm player don't know if it's 400k gps or 400gp :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back