• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest pic:

Fountain of youth Nature:

2d13en.png

Ye I agree left wing, I started detailing on the mountain to the left and then thought I'd test it then, so I must have forgotten it :D

Anyway the latest one:

A route closed because of the plants/shrubbery overgrown in the area.
maymrr.png

Ye I agree left wing, I started detailing on the mountain to the left and then thought I'd test it then, so I must have forgotten it :D

Anyway the latest one:

maymrr.png

It's a simple picture. Anyone can do that. Do something Special instead. :peace:

Anyway the latest one:

maymrr.png

You could make a cave entrance there and have a special weapon to cut those in order to get in. :IO

Well here's a town entrance I made for my server. It's the first map piece I show he..he.. please rate it and let me know what could make it look better! :D

Edit: The NPC sells fish, so if you're going out for hunting you can take some food :D
3ggnps.png

i like it, add some statues in some pilars idk some banners on the entrance walls, id 9476 in the edges of the walls and try to be creative, look for items that might match so it doesnt looks so empty :)

i like it, add some statues in some pilars idk some banners on the entrance walls, id 9476 in the edges of the walls and try to be creative, look for items that might match so it doesnt looks so empty :)

That's exactly the type of comment I was hoping for. I'll try that, thanks for the advice!

Well here's a town entrance I made for my server. It's the first map piece I show he..he.. please rate it and let me know what could make it look better! :D

Edit: The NPC sells fish, so if you're going out for hunting you can take some food :D
3ggnps.png

Use more bushes, group them together and place them near the trees.

Thanks for the tips! Now it looks like this:

acf23q.png

Way better huh? :D

Edit: This is how the city looks passing the gates.

5ac1aa.png

Last edited:
@Leftwing - Yeah, the streets aren't finished yet, and I was thinking on doing that as well! Hehe.. By the way, should I add something else to the houses?

@flaite1 - Haha no problem. xD

Edit: Changed the streets.

wsmg2x.png

Do they look less boring now? :)

Last edited:
@Sharp

Simple looks nice... it looks just right ingame... you dont want some desert where u can only move 4 sqm between each thing...

I agree with you. That's why I only use few doodad. Do you like my map pieces? :D

@Leftwing - Yeah, the streets aren't finished yet, and I was thinking on doing that as well! Hehe.. By the way, should I add something else to the houses?

@flaite1 - Haha no problem. xD

Edit: Changed the streets.

wsmg2x.png

Do they look less boring now? :)

They look a lot better, but all the houses look the same. Not just the same roof, but the same walls and the same shape. Try giving a house a garden or a walkway through a fence to spice it up. I don't like zoomed out pictures, try to take in-game pictures.

Here is a gate I created following an example of another mapper:
r0qq6u.png

Try giving a house a garden or a walkway through a fence to spice it up. I don't like zoomed out pictures, try to take in-game pictures.

Oh, they look alike on purpose, that's a section of the town I made that looks that way :D Other houses have more variety. ^^ Thanks for the tips, hopefully I'll keep improving more and more! xD

About the gate: I like your gate style, but it won't fit in my town type. Besides, the maps I'm creating are for my RPG map, so I won't add too many details hehe.. :p By the way, do you have any good temple ideas? My temple doesn't look that good. I won't event show a screenshot, it's embarassing xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back