• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
1tfBC

Before Magnetico complain about image size, I love you too man! :D

All I see is quote telling me: Hello Autoborder and Doodads!
Doodad palette: If stuck - I use doodads to give me a image of how it COULD look like - for example.... Do I want a concentrated amount of larger rocks RIGHT there and would that small rock suit just there. Nothing else. I'd suggest you use the Doodad with a grain of salt.

Auto border: ABSOLUTELY NO. Limits you from your imagination imo. When I map I visualize a AREA or a portait made up by me in my mind, and that's final.
Rarely does it comprehend with autobordering.
A test - Imagine your favorite LOTR area (possible by tibian SPRITES - if newbie) and they to recreate it with autoborder. If you see the flaws then yeah you get the point - if not, then you're better off as an Golden Gate toll taker.

on/offtopic:
Some, hopefully most - know me. I'd LOVE some people whos active to chat me up and get me updated on things regarding OT. The OTmapping standards seem to have decreased SHITLOADS since ... lets be honest - the wave of Neon, Me yada yada quitted. I see none I'd even working with right now.
Shape up!

All I see is quote telling me: Hello Autoborder and Doodads!
Doodad palette: If stuck - I use doodads to give me a image of how it COULD look like - for example.... Do I want a concentrated amount of larger rocks RIGHT there and would that small rock suit just there. Nothing else. I'd suggest you use the Doodad with a grain of salt.

Auto border: ABSOLUTELY NO. Limits you from your imagination imo. When I map I visualize a AREA or a portait made up by me in my mind, and that's final.
Rarely does it comprehend with autobordering.
A test - Imagine your favorite LOTR area (possible by tibian SPRITES - if newbie) and they to recreate it with autoborder. If you see the flaws then yeah you get the point - if not, then you're better off as an Golden Gate toll taker.

on/offtopic:
Some, hopefully most - know me. I'd LOVE some people whos active to chat me up and get me updated on things regarding OT. The OTmapping standards seem to have decreased SHITLOADS since ... lets be honest - the wave of Neon, Me yada yada quitted. I see none I'd even working with right now.
Shape up!

?

There are still loads of active good/great mappers on this forum. And if there are a lot of mediocre/noob mappers, its because there are many people still interested in learning the art of mapping but they arent still good enough, and thats a good thing.

?

There are still loads of active good/great mappers on this forum. And if there are a lot of mediocre/noob mappers, its because there are many people still interested in learning the art of mapping but they arent still good enough, and thats a good thing.

Then enjoy? Doesnt counter my argument of that the bar of mapping has lowered significant, does it? If people wants to learn - they're not really right not to disturb that calm bar.
Sure its a good thing that people want to learn to map - but for me - in this mapper, me needing to get updated by members of secret mapping tricks as we've always had behind ur backs - don't really speak to newcomers. As like Macedoon - Me and Macedoon worked for ages before he released the floor manipulation desert wall secret and floor manipulation for dual floor. Which is common knowledge now. Fact is - the images I see - it bullocks compared to -06 to 2010~ so get a rename which doesn't upset people before reading your post and I'll perhaps take you seriously eventhough I've seen your ludicrous name for ages wondering why none has done anything about it.

so get a rename which doesn't upset people before reading your post and I'll perhaps take you seriously eventhough I've seen your ludicrous name for ages wondering why none has done anything about it.

Wut?

Don't worry, take a minute and wonder why your night might insult people. Both you and me know your brighter than this: "wut" shiz. When you're done, the most affectionate would most def be to request a namechange! (y)

Im not really sure if you are trolling or not, guess I shouldnt care much then.

Wow guys, just wow.

It is my first visit here since 2008, and Im shocked. Just cant belive how good some of you are, and what kind of things you can do now.

I downloaded map editor and opened my old map, and decided it needs new city, more up to time one.

I know it is badly made, but I hate Remeres now - you guys still use it? It looks like it wasnt segregated for a long time. No new terrain types, walls and doodads at all. All new stuff just dumped into 'Others' folder.

And sorry again, I kinda forgot how to do it. In 2008 I wasnt that bad comparing to guys from this site, but now I fell I kinda suck. Ill post some of my older works later.

Anyway, do you like the idea? What would you change? It is far from beeing finished obviously.

And sorry for my eng btw.

/edit
Quality is BAD. Sry, wait for reupload please.

/edit
Here it goes, not the best quality anyway, but i dont want to put 4 PNG images at once.

ROcFQ.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back