• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
More and more : D
X1yZRb5.png

More and more : D

Looks good! I do agree with poopsie on the borders though.. Have you tried only using the smaller sand borders? Moreover, I think that you went a little overboard with the bordering. To me, it would both look and play better if you were to remove this bordering (blue rectangles) and place dirt ground there instead:

EHQZle2.png

Yellow: I think these aren't walkable :p
Green: I'd remove the sand borders here, and the grass tuft doesn't quite fit in.
Red: Missing border.

I'd change the wooden bridge to metal, or stone.

I am currently working on my next project, so since this is a RPG project, I am attempting to use RAW palette most of the time. What you will see on this picture is nothing but me attempting to give sort of a "rpg-mixed" feeling to the map.
2v0msef.png

Tell me if you think this sort of style gives you a RPG feeling and give me suggestions on what to add aswell.
Thanks

I understand that you think more borders = more depth, but using it like this only makes it look cluttered, a try to make it "3D rpg", tibian rpg is a lot different and you can't work with sloped paths in the same way. When it comes down to it, layering borders like this mostly come out flat. :/
Also, a lot of border bugs!

Mapping to a friend, mission for upgrading spell.
shKGB3K4f.png

it's not bad actually. why dont you try to make it on 2 floors. im not a fan of lava at the same floor it looks weird anyhow :) if it would be one floor deeper you also would have more options to make it more detailed and different. Give it a try i think it would look pretty cool.

@Neon - The Blue Pill or the Red Pill? You're back, what is our reality? True or Not? Whatever we do, lets be carefull and keep that in mind. ;)

It looks terrible, but the idea is amazing. The things that make it look lame are;
Those black stalagmites, the improper bordering, mixed walls, floors and objects (those draken wall lamps do not really fit, just like a lot of others).

It all looks kinda spammed aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back