• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAGidoV.png

https://i.imgur.com/j7CM15F.png
a9WhA7q.png

https://i.imgur.com/a9WhA7q.png

Like them way less than previous pics, but just wanted to share it. Wanted to try out those walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
[7.6] Swamp
RME (quality sucks):
pMSx9gh.jpg

In-game:
Yjq2UqF.png

What do you guys think?

[7.6] Swamp
RME (quality sucks):
pMSx9gh.jpg

In-game:
Yjq2UqF.png

What do you guys think?

For an autobordered piece it looks quite good. But for a showoff piece, it doesn't really look that appealing. You ought to shape the mountain, grass, swamp and water manually by using RAW, not with the autobordering tool.

It doesn't seem that you've placed each "swamp bush" with RAW either, imo some of those plants doesn't fit in.
The mountain is missing atleast one border in the corner, and the thickness looks weird. I could recommend you to make a floor above the mountain too to make it look better.

From the picture I would assume you're not the most experienced mapper, but that you're actually learning as we speak. So keep it up!

For an autobordered piece it looks quite good. But for a showoff piece, it doesn't really look that appealing. You ought to shape the mountain, grass, swamp and water manually by using RAW, not with the autobordering tool.

It doesn't seem that you've placed each "swamp bush" with RAW either, imo some of those plants doesn't fit in.
The mountain is missing atleast one border in the corner, and the thickness looks weird. I could recommend you to make a floor above the mountain too to make it look better.

From the picture I would assume you're not the most experienced mapper, but that you're actually learning as we speak. So keep it up!
Cause it's not a showoff piece. I'm going to use it in the server, so it's obvious that i'm using autoborder as well as doodad to make the map faster. Actually i posted it, just because my partner asked me to.

because it makes absolutely zero sense
have you ever seen a tree grow on top of a tree? no because it cant
so? If you want to literally think of it as trees ontop of trees and not see it as one big tree be my guest.
I at least like to think of it as 1 entity
UBdvaiZ.jpg

The img that wasn't linked properly

so? If you want to literally think of it as trees ontop of trees and not see it as one big tree be my guest.
I at least like to think of it as 1 entity

UBdvaiZ.jpg

The img that wasn't linked properly

lmfao, maybe the img should have stayed broken. pretty creative tho

it's the angelic elephant of wisdom and ice.

Cause it's not a showoff piece. I'm going to use it in the server, so it's obvious that i'm using autoborder as well as doodad to make the map faster.
be careful now.. :D

Nice swamp though!

@Stcarlo thanks,saved, been trying to create something like that a few times but not enough ideas/interest!

@Andréew
Here is a city, i've been working on for some time now :)
what do you guys think? :)

ps. yes i know the missing border in the first picture, i've fixed it :)
market place

Epic! I'm stealing all of it :D Unless you want to send your own for free? :p Will come to good use! I'll make the whole place about Andreew the leading archeologist of the Argardhian Archeology Academy. You might be a dead body in the lowest part of an undead dungeon though.. cool? :/

@poopsiedoodle

Underground village - nice and simple. But if it's supposed to be final edit i'd add stones on the ground etc, some more doodads that's not plants. Also nice sunken spider-valley.. inspiration from deadwoods? :p

@poopsiedoodle

Underground village - nice and simple. But if it's supposed to be final edit i'd add stones on the ground etc, some more doodads that's not plants. Also nice sunken spider-valley.. inspiration from deadwoods? :p

wasn't even thinking about stones when I posted w00psi
and naw never heard of deadwoods, the inspiration for the whole area was actually
2014-04-14_00002.jpg

and a little bit of
flc-floridacaverns-jacedelgado-1.jpg

Last edited:
i like it , but why the grassy wall? and everyone knows mules can't fish

found a way around screenshots not showing more than 2 floors underground ;)
so here's more of the underground village thingy (which is almost complete!)
WZEMH1D.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back