• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy-hooo!

a9qp0x.jpg

2hf0wf8.jpg

Truly bored and decided to map something, this is the result.
a10fo3.jpg

Great thread to find inspiration. Some pics are far better than anything CipSoft ever done with their own sprites.

Well I thought I should post something as I haven't in a long while.
tfB3orx.png

And to everyone with simplistic borders
QizCVFK.png

Left is the old map, Right is the current map, been working on it for a few hours, can't post ingame screens since I am having problems setting up TFS 1.0; anyways, old map has teleports and training monks to the southeast of town which I replaced, still not sure about the shape of the island, which is still not detailed, ofc

n5gfgg.jpg

My first Mapping (Shop Island)
Not really good mapping, but maybe you have some ideas for me? I have no idea what to do with my walls ;(

To-Do:
Broken Ship
Wall's
Some Small fixes

Wont post as a IMG as its kinda big.

Link: http://puu.sh/7wQII.jpg

Have in mind that I'm kind of a starter in the mapping section, would appreciate some feedback.

First off, let me be the one who say this, so nobody else can shitstorm about it without looking like an ass themselves. Don't zoom in when you take pictures.

With that said, I will start by pointing out something good.
That pillar structure gives a bit of a history to the place. It raises questions such as "What was here before?", "What happened to that place?". An outlaw starting a fire on the only mountain nearby, visible both from the sea and plains is not an intelligent outlaw though. ;)

The mapping is very basic, but you MUST work on your borders. Using the palettes in RME can only get you so far, to get that extra touch to a place you might want to edit some things in raw. The part of the shore to the northwest is rater square. The dirt on the mountain lacks a border, the dirt on the east side is clearly autobordered, just fix the "end" of the path to make it look better. Also there are mountain borders under the ramp.

Other than those errors, the mapping itself doesn't look that bad. With a little work with the details and the things pointed out above you might have something really nice. Also don't forget to take a look at others pieces if not for inspiration, but for a look on how they solved a problem you might have with the appearance of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back