• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
enuff of that topic. here's a house i made a few years ago in my london map, i dont think i posted screenshots from it, but i rly like this little house, dunno why

iggl80.jpg

yeah i know, spammage, etc xD

Dude, you have like every climate on that little map. You got palm trees next to the snow, that's kind a weird. Jungle plants and trees? ..

Dude, seriously, what is happening in your brain? ..

The tower with wooden wheels? .. Is it supposed to be a clock or something?

I would suggest you decide what type of climate and geography are you planning to build your map on, and then focus on that unique combination. It's like you are mapping without being clear of what you are doing, then you get excited and start spamming your map with all this nonsense.

Try to simplify. It is nice. But needs a little more seriousness.

I understand completly, but by seeing your mapping, I can see that you clearly don't understand what good mapping look like. Cheers my man.

And no, I dont consider myself the best mapper ever "(Created)"? I see alot of people with the same amount of skill that I have. Just with other styles...

examples are, Macedoon, Chauz, Darklord, Amaru... I probably forgot alot of other mappers, I do apologize for that... But these are my favourites...
you forgot me m8

if someone would teach me i'd be huge in like.. a months mate,! but whoever I offer Oral sex for mapping lessons says no

if someone would teach me i'd be huge in like.. a months mate,! but whoever I offer Oral sex for mapping lessons says no
Maybe you should try to find a woman who maps good for such offers. Or find a woman who will do what you offer for a potential mapping teacher. You might have better luck then ;)

Maybe you should try to find a woman who maps good for such offers. Or find a woman who will do what you offer for a potential mapping teacher. You might have better luck then ;)
Will do, thanks for the analyze Mackan!
Will just keep mapping and teach myself all the stuff.. sad I wasnt interested in it years ago already.. now I can script lua perfectly but I would rather kick ass in mapping lol

Spot-on analysis! Never before have I witnessed a man so skilled in any art. I know a maven when I see one. Now, here's a picture of nature :eek:

p7lTPK0.png

Dude, you have like every climate on that little map. You got palm trees next to the snow, that's kind a weird. Jungle plants and trees? ..

Dude, seriously, what is happening in your brain? ..

The tower with wooden wheels? .. Is it supposed to be a clock or something?

I would suggest you decide what type of climate and geography are you planning to build your map on, and then focus on that unique combination. It's like you are mapping without being clear of what you are doing, then you get excited and start spamming your map with all this nonsense.

Try to simplify. It is nice. But needs a little more seriousness.

the tower with the wheels is part of a pulley system which generates electricity for the power lines
2am240.jpg

under them is a water reserve and a generator (they do resemble a clock though xD but i already got a clock in the screenshot and the power lines.)
1zdarls.jpg

and as for the palm trees, they were planted there along with the jungle brush. the town is supposed to be a very high income place, so they're only in certain parts where the homeowners wished to have them. but the geography part is what i am confused about, do you mean the sand? because to the right of that is a large ship dock which has ships in and out kicking up waves to create a little delta (which is the sand you're seeing)
117fod5.jpg

thankss for taking the time to analyze xD

Last edited:
the tower with the wheels is part of a pulley system which generates electricity for the power lines
2am240.jpg

under them is a water reserve and a generator (they do resemble a clock though xD but i already got a clock in the screenshot and the power lines.)
1zdarls.jpg

and as for the palm trees, they were planted there along with the jungle brush. the town is supposed to be a very high income place, so they're only in certain parts where the homeowners wished to have them. but the geography part is what i am confused about, do you mean the sand? because to the right of that is a large ship dock which has ships in and out kicking up waves to create a little delta (which is the sand you're seeing)
117fod5.jpg

thankss for taking the time to analyze xD

You got some real crazyness going on there. I was very surprise with your explanation. Your map is making a little more sense now.

The palm trees can survive cold temperaturas. Thats weird, but it's true. I don't know about the jungle plants. I would just get them out.

jerusalem-palm-tre_2448489k.jpg

You got some imagination dude. Never loose it.

Its a game, its not supposed to be "realistic" lol, people are literally magicians and you QQ because there are some snow on the palms? The imagination and the sprites put together are great, but the execution is poor

Its a game, its not supposed to be "realistic" lol, people are literally magicians and you QQ because there are some snow on the palms? The imagination and the sprites put together are great, but the execution is poor

Dude, you are telling others about their execution is poor. Look at your post. That's a real example of what a bad execution is. First, magician do exist in real life and second there are no snow on the palms, they are by the side. Tibia mapping should be in some sense realistic. This game is base on our real world geography and architecture. Why shouldn't we critices some unrealistic nonsense?

Euhmm, like that Snooby guy said, there is nothing wrong with his imagination but his execution is poor. And cow, you out of all people have no right to speak. Start with posting something you made. And don't tell me that a half of it is mapped by you because what you mapped isn't even centered and that's really sad :(

Euhmm, like that Snooby guy said, there is nothing wrong with his imagination but his execution is poor. And cow, you out of all people have no right to speak. Start with posting something you made. And don't tell me that a half of it is mapped by you because what you mapped isn't even centered and that's really sad :(

What do you mean by centered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back