• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
9tl6cj
Just started making a new OT this is the Starting room (For equipment) what do you think about it ??
Cant see the Photo CLICK HERE

@Vaka I have no clue bro, @eiserne festung said "Oh God" and still wont say why he did. Blows my mind. Thought it was a decent mapping for only a 30min map.

mjnxjl.jpg
Something ive been working on for a month though, tell me what you think(constructive criticism please).

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vaka I have no clue bro, @eiserne festung said "Oh God" and still wont say why he did. Blows my mind. Thought it was a decent mapping for only a 30min map.

To say the truth..... it's looking kinda .....
Try to use RAW, fix the borderings it is looking terrible....
Try to map small pieces, and work more on your detailing, and dont put your "a"-Hotkey on and smash the mouse on the screen from the right to the left....

Next picture the same problem, "A"-Hotkey...... Broder hanging over the mountains.....trees random placed.....

lets add a quote from Neon... which should explain what you should do....

1. Try to COPY from mappers you like, people you think are good.

2. Do that for a couple of times.

3. Develop your own style of mapping, whilst copy'ing.

4. Take what you learned when copy'ing others maps and do something of your own.

5. Make some maps with the style you just developed on your own (with help from someone else).

6. Ask people about stuff that you are not sure about (whether it looks good or bad) here on OTLand.

7. Take notes from people with experience in mapping, from what they just said about the piece.

8. Gl hf...

@Dylan, maps always look a little strange from far up in the editor. Anyway I would try and get the shapes a little more natural. The river and some of the mountains are simply too straight. As for the nature, I'd recommend moving all swamp plants towards the river and keeping the other trees, but in little tree/bush clusters and not spread so evenly. The map feels too "clean" and "perfect" while nature is the opposite.

I've been working on making my mountains look more natural and use less borders, small area I know, just wondering if I'm on the right track?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_24_at_10_39_50_AM.png

@Dylan, maps always look a little strange from far up in the editor. Anyway I would try and get the shapes a little more natural. The river and some of the mountains are simply too straight. As for the nature, I'd recommend moving all swamp plants towards the river and keeping the other trees, but in little tree/bush clusters and not spread so evenly. The map feels too "clean" and "perfect" while nature is the opposite.
There are a shitton of straight lines in real tibia, and you say it should be less "straightlined"? this is mostly raw based, and not AutoBoarder'd. But thanks for the constructive crit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back