• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try make an undead cave:
Rz8bCp4.jpg

A22wAXl.jpg

FGUxcVp.png

WQuDWRT.png

Its seriously starting to annoy me, That we have amazing mappers more than we have amazing OTs.

Like, This whole thread, Is full of beautiful work, And it sees to amaze me how i cannot find a single piece of these mappings in any OT server i go on. Really hard to find good OTs these days.. :S

Im a mapper myself, But not as good as you guys that post on this thread..

Well, anyways, Best of luck to everyone!

Its seriously starting to annoy me, That we have amazing mappers more than we have amazing OTs.

Like, This whole thread, Is full of beautiful work, And it sees to amaze me how i cannot find a single piece of these mappings in any OT server i go on. Really hard to find good OTs these days.. :S

Welcome to Open-Tibia, where being a good mapper doesn't matter. Put Mapping on the shelf, and go get good at the other stuff.

Maps cost money.
Welcome to Open-Tibia, where being a good mapper doesn't matter.
What you on about? It does matter.

Well mate making a cool showoff piece is one thing, but to create a whole map is tedious at best you have to cut corners if you really want to achieve a complete map and that takes most of the art part right out of it and kinda ruins the mood for mapping, though i do agree that this place lacks innovative and creative projects these days.

Welcome to Open-Tibia, where being a good mapper doesn't matter. Put Mapping on the shelf, and go get good at the other stuff.
mapping takes more time and effort than alot of things around here, Not sure why you're being judgmental of how we choose our creative outlet

Last edited by a moderator:
What Neon said is true. People keep saying "good maps are so important" and people are "tired of RL boring maps". Yet we see more and more RPG servers running with 5 players, and all the RL maps running with 1k+ players.
Mapping does not really matter that much, what matters is having proper content that reaches out to a big target group.

What Neon said is true. People keep saying "good maps are so important" and people are "tired of RL boring maps". Yet we see more and more RPG servers running with 5 players, and all the RL maps running with 1k+ players.
Mapping does not really matter that much, what matters is having proper content that reaches out to a big target group.
this is only because people mainly only come to OT servers to find tibia games not made by cipsoft. If it had any more outlets the rpg servers would have far more players.

You only say this because you are only capable of mapping 5 sqms at best. A good map can make all the difference between a quality server and a half assed boring server, you think anyone would play a server with blotchy boring undetailed areas? it would become so visually boring and be a very un-stimulating game to have good content is both a good map and a good scripter with quality in depth thoughts on both parts. It is equally important to have both in my opinion but maybe i am biased because I think a good map is like an art piece

in my opinion but maybe i am biased because I think a good map is like an art piece
If you would see clean code then you might think differently. Its also quite artzy :D
However this is very rare and I have only seen it twice on youtube.

You only say this because you are only capable of mapping 5 sqms at best. A good map can make all the difference between a quality server and a half assed boring server, you think anyone would play a server with blotchy boring undetailed areas? it would become so visually boring and be a very un-stimulating game to have good content is both a good map and a good scripter with quality in depth thoughts on both parts. It is equally important to have both in my opinion but maybe i am biased because I think a good map is like an art piece

I can only say to you, that I agree that mapping is super important, but unfortunately the main player base that all us server hosters are looking for isn't really that interested.
Probably because 90% of them are botters anyway so the spawns won't matter.

you think anyone would play a server with blotchy boring undetailed areas?

Idk, did you ever check out Highexp.eu?

Highexps usually are only fun for a couple days at best and usually get pretty boring and tedious nobody plays them for the spawns anyway just the bosses, There is nothing to appreciate in most cases

Well servers like Spiderots and Highexp been running for 3-5 years, and yes, that's exactly what I said. The spawns doesn't matter, because people are botting / no braining when using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back