• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
reposting:
hnTgdqE.png

now gonna stop for a while, more on https://otland.net/threads/aund-mapping.239485/

I think he thought the were corner pieces for walls, which aren't walkable, but this case it is archways, which is walkable.

yeh, this.

i still don't like the roofing tho ;s the rest is fine

So much contrast + messy, my eyes can't focus.

agree'd, very messy, but i admire the time he spent on it xD. and i think a map like this would never have a dull moment ;p, maybe chill out on the colors tho haha, why is there a book as a roof?

@Kuzyn Since this is a mapping showoff thread, perhaps you ought to not include the "Open RPG" part on your pictures. It just feels... wrong. The focus should be on your piece not on whatever the advertising is.

Roof looks pretty OK, I'm not sure whether people can see into the houses on the second floor by standing outside the doors/windows though since there are roof borders above them.

I dislike the parts on the roof where it just "cuts off" from nowhere (blue parts).
The orange part just makes no sense to me since water would be running down right onto the exposed walls, one major function a roof has is to lead rainwater away from the house.

6bb36719288f6877c3f56e15387ad007.png

I shouldn't be too picky though, it looks nice overall.

Last edited:
New to mapping some gimme feedback but if you say "ugly" I swear to Jeebus....

Statues (not sure on garden layout yet)
b9ad4b6f539c7aae14f0d3257395d1b7.png

House
1a5ifs.gif

Depot
1a5ind.gif

Shops
f5b0c08ca6800ee24acd87f5d4ec3185.jpg

House
1a5ifs.gif

Depot
1a5ind.gif

Shops

looks nice, but on the 'house' i would remove that hallway and make the foyer and bedroom bigger, leaving only one door. it would look more uniform

House
1a5ifs.gif

Depot
1a5ind.gif

Shops

You have a good sense of mapping, I like the way you placed doors at the shops, it gives a feeling that the NPCs are people too, not only "robots". The maps aren't very detailed, and I'd like to see you map with some older sprites.
Some small stuff I could give you some feedback on: The two stairs in the house doesn't quite fit in actually, and the hallway is too small as Vaka mentioned.
The railings/walls at the depots aren't placed traditionally, I've always liked a section of 2 depots, 4 depots (even numbers). You could also place some items on the tables outside depot (garden area), like a candelabrum or a flower.

Nevertheless, you did a good job! Keep being inspired and watch other mappers and try to replicate some of their pieces and you'll improve fast.

House
1a5ifs.gif

Depot
1a5ind.gif

Shops

Also another hint, when putting stores together watch out how you set up the stores.
because if they are too close to each other 2 npcs or more will react on "hi" and when you say "trade" to "both" of them 2 trade windows will appear which will cancel the other out which means you cant buy/sell till you lost 1 npc contact which could be annoying sometimes.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Might make my own thread to keep the feedback coming hahaha

Redid the house layout (really minor but i see what you guys were saying.. Also i'm just trying to perfect more layout and how it will work ingame rather then just art ;) Also made some sort of statue shrine thing.. Might be somthing cool to use near an entrance or garden?

House
08b287c9f89b1266409ebccdf3bcc175.png

3e6b45ec34111fb203af6d7f0c9f3a66.png

Statue Shrine

b8e1b0158804162a6fab46bc1ef78119.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back