• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Are any of these bad ideas for an 8.6 RL Tibia server?

stratzilla

Narcissus-OTS
Reaction score
I'm making my first server and a friend and I are deciding on how to manage and balance it. Are any of the below downright bad ideas?

1. EXP rate is staged, such at 8-25 = 5x, 26-50 = 4x, 51-75 = 3x, etc; max level is 250
  2. Lure "poofing" is disabled; can lure anything you want
  3. You can pick your town, but all depot boxes default to Thais' townid; depot space is infinite. This is done so you can access the same depot from any city.
  4. Farmine and related content (Zao, Fenrock, etc) cordoned off... until I can find proper NPCs. :)
  5. Druids and sorcs rebalanced; druids heal 20% more than sorcerers, sorcerers deal 20% more magic damage than druid. For promoted druid/sorcs, it's 40% instead.
  6. Houses are cheap, but only one per account; multiple accounts with same IP instantly deleted (unless approved beforehand)
  7. No tutors, community managers, etc. Only my friend and I as "Gods" and everyone else as normal players
  8. Loot is 3.5x, spawning is 2x, Mlevel, skills both 2.5x
  9. Level and vocation requirements on weapons and armor is gone, except in the special cases (like armor that gives + to distance skill is paladin only, magic long sword is knight only, etc)

The server isn't even close to ready (only like 5% of quest boxes work, 0% of NPC quests work, only like 50% of teleporters work, everything else is 100% solid), so it may change in the future, but do you guys think any of these are bad for an 8.6 server? My friend and I are programming it from scratch for the most part. We're doing all quests by hand.

Really? I was hoping to make it a little slow so that people don't get bored fast. What would you suggest for EXP rate?

Im so tired on all RL maps, custom/evo plix :D

Back