• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Armonia Legendary project (updated)

storken96

Reaction score
Hi OTLAND!!

This is my first map. Its a remapped armonia. I thought that a armonia server will be nice to start. Why i want so show it for you guys so you can give me some respons so i can get better!

[url=http://4.imgland.net/504ua.jpg][/URL]

Hi again Guys
U said that my last picture suxs. I worked on it abit but when u gave me respons i started to work with something new.
Give me some respons of this !

Attachments

Last edited:
Would be great if you posted a picture, would be great if you posted your own mapping too!

Now i got a picture.
What do you mean , do you think i have stolen this picture ??!?!

I don't see why you would steal it... It's bad. Black road on white snow, random mine carts... on snow, pointless and sourceless fire... ON SNOW! Why the hell is there a random igloo in the middle of the road? Nine snowmen... bit much doncha think? Obvious auto-boarder and no attempt to hide it. Part of your trainers are randomly floating in water? Who the hell would put a building half on water like that? Oh great, ANOTHER map with water randomly pouring down the side of a building into a pond that would obviously over flow. Your housing set up is terrible by the way, not to mention the proportions of the houses. Remind me again why someone would build a mine track that goes through someone's business, out the other side, and down to an area that would have taken 3 seconds to walk to? Oh the sarcophagus in the middle of the dp, nice touch... that really works well with the whole "snow" environment.

Come on now... I know the world of creativity is gone to hell but you should still be able to tell the difference between logical usage of decorative objects and just general spamming of the map.

Last edited:
@up

I said that this was my first mapping. Dont not write fkn history to me.
Give me some respons!

If you read/understand English you'd see that he gives you response.

Don't = Do not

My only tip for you is to get to know what mapping really is.
How about you subscribe to this thread and learn from what others make, create your own and use your creativity.

I won't be removing my post. A critique is a critique no matter how you look at it. I just said what other people want to, perhaps with a bit of annoyance.

I mean look at it, really look at it. Does anything in it make sense to you? A mine cart used for carrying rock and coal is in the middle of a city, why? Theres no purpose.
An igloo in the middle of a road? People would be walking that path every day... What if someone put an igloo in the middle of the street where you live? It would get hit by cars, assuming the person making it didn't get hit while making it. I don't know about anyone else but the only time I've ever seen fire on snow is when I poured gasoline on the ground and lit a match out of boredom. The ONLY time I've seen a house on water like that was during a flood, and it was floating down the river. I'm not going to bother explaining why a sarcophagus doesn't belong in the middle of a winter wonderland... If you can't figure that one out on your own then you're beyond help.

When you map you have to think "why is this here" "what is its use" because thats exactly what players think.

@Summit
I wanted to delete the thread xD
You helped me alot thanks i know i must be annoying to see somehing so bad...
But i have to start!

@summit
I agree about the most things you say. But I think there is a difference between negative criticism and normal.
You can say: "I think black tiles don't fit as roads, you should use cobbled pavement or stony floor instead" or "Black tiles as roads?! What where you thinking, are you insane?" (This is just an example how it looks).
The way you say it almost looks like you are angry at him. I think it doesn´t really motivate people this way.

Heres how you start.

Open a new map, fill the area with grass, start with a temple. Simplicity with quality, thats what you should aim for. Keep the sizes of the buildings relatively small, stand in the center of the temple f you cant see both sides of it with in 1 in game screens its too big. Make some houses, use the houses to show where the roads go not the road showing were the houses go. Make a dp, again small. Keep your town small and packed together. People shouldn't have to take 3 minutes to walk from 1 side to the other.

@summit
I agree about the most things you say. But I think there is a difference between negative criticism and normal.
You can say: "I think black tiles don't fit as roads, you should use cobbled pavement or stony floor instead" or "Black tiles as roads?! What where you thinking, are you insane?" (This is just an example how it looks).
The way you say it almost looks like you are angry at him. I think it doesn´t really motivate people this way.

Actually, I kind of was (at the moment anyway). At the same time, my first map was garbage and people blatantly told me it (in much the same way I did). All it did was make me improve so I could show them up. Back in the day people didn't sugar coat things like they do now that the help vampires plague OTfans/OTland. Take it how ever you will. I'll stick to my methods either way.

Why would you be mad at someone for making a map that you don't like? Also I don't think what other people said to you should be a reason to act te same to others. The example I gave is not sweet but just normal. So what I don't get, why would you act so aggressive if you could say it in a normal way. Its not that people like to get flamed.

Why would you be mad at someone for making a map that you don't like? Also I don't think what other people said to you should be a reason to act te same to others. The example I gave is not sweet but just normal. So what I don't get, why would you act so aggressive if you could say it in a normal way. Its not that people like to get flamed.

I'm a very cynical person, thats why I'd get mad. The reason to put forth aggression like we did back in the day is to build just a hint of resentment. This leads to a "pissing contest" so to speak, which ultimately ends up as a 1 ups-menship competition. That leads to a fast improvement rate because the male ego doesn't want to loose so you learn quick.

It's all about manipulation of people, which is something I pride myself on. Plus, again, I'm a cynical person and finding things to spitefully complain about is kinda my thing.

If u think this pictures do also suxs i will stop mapping ;/
But just because i said that dont say i am good...
I want critism!

I'm a very cynical person, thats why I'd get mad. The reason to put forth aggression like we did back in the day is to build just a hint of resentment. This leads to a "pissing contest" so to speak, which ultimately ends up as a 1 ups-menship competition. That leads to a fast improvement rate because the male ego doesn't want to loose so you learn quick.

It's all about manipulation of people, which is something I pride myself on. Plus, again, I'm a cynical person and finding things to spitefully complain about is kinda my thing.

Translating, you are an obvious troll.

If u think this pictures do also suxs i will stop mapping ;/
But just because i said that dont say i am good...
I want critism!

Keep it up, dont give up mapping just because of that.
Yes, your map looks random, so you should start a new one and avoid the errors you made on your first one, mostly mapping things in a way they look realistic and physically possible. The advice every newbie mappers needs is to read tutorials and watch advanced mapper's threads so you will learn a lot from them.

Last edited:
Back