• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon Re-launch

Ascalon was great server, but im not gonna play it with new admins/owner's they have no idea what they are doing. New content added was always not even 20% good as Fare's content, and most of changes were stupid.

bring it back
the last time i played it i didn't have enough time to keep playing after i got to like 300
enjoyed it very much

Whether he will update it or not is still unknown. Thats his decision!

Yeah I'm willing to update it

Ascalon was great server, but im not gonna play it with new admins/owner's they have no idea what they are doing. New content added was always not even 20% good as Fare's content, and most of changes were stupid.

About the content that will be added/removed it will be community votes based, nothing will be added/removed unless the community votes so.
I'm not sure what version of Ascalon I have but I think it's the one where Fare was the only content creator, so most stuff from the server that was open early should not be there.

@everyone

If Ascalon does come back and anyone is interested in joining the team, I can script and map but I rather stick to scripting only since my time is limited, so any mappers or people with good content ideas interested in joining the team, contact me.

Yo, i agree most of the things fare did were a lot better, but claiming oyu wont test it is harsh. I think titan will do a good job. + if i'm honest all the changes that I saw were things the community BEGGED for.

I'd definitely be up for playing again but if the files Lava Titan has are the ones which Gaal edited and added to then I think those changed should be reverted and start from there. Fare did a great job with the content from 1-350/400? After that it just really bad.

The spells from there on need removing, most of them just make earlier spells redundant, and some of them are just useless, or at least this was the case for sharpshooters.

Lots of items were buggy, I remember me and a friend finding a bug with an amulet to increase attack speed, it was fun AF but just ruined the game in the end.

Please bring it back, need the nostalgia :)

Yo, i agree most of the things fare did were a lot better, but claiming oyu wont test it is harsh. I think titan will do a good job. + if i'm honest all the changes that I saw were things the community BEGGED for.
I remember he hosted it once and it was bad. Developers should not always listen to community they should have their own vision of a server/game.

I do! Please host it ASAP, need something good to play. Looking forward to see Ascalon up and running again.

Well if you are going to host it.. u might as well do I as soon as possible lol. And I know some others and myself would be willing to help out with ideas for content and things of that nature.

I remember he hosted it once and it was bad. Developers should not always listen to community they should have their own vision of a server/game.

I never hosted Ascalon, it was always Fare in charge even if I was there, about listening to the community I disagree, there should always be an agreement between developers and players, but yeah sometimes content must be provided by us, in this case it will not be provided from me for sure, I do have some ideas yes but I rather someone else give the ideas and I will just execute them since my time is limited..
But hey, thanks for the feedback, any kind of feedback is welcome, either good or bad, that's how we improve ourselves :)

@others

I got an empty VPS atm, I guess I may open a "test server" soon if you guys want, so you can check the server and give some feedback about what changes should be done before official launch

Yea what @Shade ~ said lmao... no point talking about turning it on "soon" and waiting a week or so to do it XD. Just go ahead and do it

Slow down the exp loads though, so we don't burn through it, then we can give better feedback and gives us more time to come up with ideas

The last time it was managed by Lava Titan it felt more like a cashgrab with poor changes than an actual proper version of ascalon. I remember that you could buy gems for real money and that the anti bot system was completely disabled (while it's not a perfect system, it prevents almost everyone from afk botting).

I'm sure that people would still enjoy the server if you just put it up right now with no changes and they could enjoy the exact same server for the 10th time but it would be amazing to see an actual proper version of ascalon with new good non bugged (GAAL) content and proper advertisement, so that it actually stays alive for a while. I'm both willing to invest time into development and money into advertisement for a new ascalon that doesn't have pay2win shit and actually does something against the botters.

somebody should make a discord for this lmfao.... we can talk about some stuff we would like to be changed/added without spamming this post lul

Back