• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon - The revival

Gaal

Ascalon
Reaction score
Hello Otlanders and Ascalonians!

I'm Gaal and I've been working on Ascalon for a few months now...
I guess none of you guys know me and that's ok :)
I dont mind answer questions anytime,
Feel free to contact me on skype as well as here (skype - beatbox-gal)

Now Ascalon,
The only reason for this thread is to gather ideas for improvement of the gameplay.
Just write down your story and/or ideas :)
Know that we will take notes from posts here and even a whole idea.

Kind regards,
Gaal.

hi, you been working for a few months, so what's new?...

the dungeon system was fun improvement, make more of them, make them worth playing and some really hard ones; some kind of pvp zone for people to have fun? more map,outfit,vocs or promos should be really good, idk; ppl didn't even reach end game last time and left(me2), more events, more activity...

more ppl will suggest...

glad to see the project alive

For those that don't know what Ascalon is, is there a thread I can read up on?

I'm glad to see a thread was finally made! but I have to be blunt and say that you haven't brought much to the table. There's no information, screenshots, nothing at all. You said you have been working on Ascalon for a "few months" so show us what you've accomplished in that time. Give us us some concrete information that we can work with, give us screenshots and teaser to get people pumped for the server. We literately have no idea what you've done with the server, nor what to expect. Please don't keep us in the dark.. I would love to give some ideas and suggestions but it would be nice to know what's been done to the server. Also since you've posted no information, those people that have never played or seen Ascalon have no idea what it is @Chevron So how can they contribute with idea and suggestions if they don't know anything about it. Just please update the thread with as much information as you can so we can have something to go on. I might sound harsh but I'm tired of Ascalon failing and I certainly don't want a Lava 2.0.

Personally I think crafting in Ascalon is just utterly sheet! Never used it, never will.
Dungeons could have a bit of revamp, like more teams should be able to use dungeons.
I think another promotion wouldn't harm either.
Personally I don't think stun should be in the game.

What Ascalon needs this era is the WOW factor, where people are amazed of new things.
If it will be the same as the last 4-5 era's, I'm done within a week like the 50 other people who played almost all era's.

Sorry for the delay.
I'm sorry you're right Zasranets, I will open a topic on the advertise section soon with the changes and adds.

We will launch the website tonight or tomorrow during the day.
All the needed info will be there.

http://ascalonworld.com/

By saying you will open a topic on the advertise section means that the server would have to be released within 7 days of the posting.
"Don't advertise an OTS that will take more than a week(7 days) to be opened for all players"

If what you say is true then that means you are releasing the server without getting any feedback from us, the players. What was the point of this discussion thread if you plan to release the server already?
I'm disappointed to see that this is the road you're going down. Also launching the website and saying "all the needed info will be there" does not justify the lack of information on this thread, or any thread you plan to release. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad that the website will contain information, as it should, but the thread itself should be the attention grabber for people. They shouldn't be required to visit the website to know about the server.

Great to see you putting effort into Ascalon. The website that you have online now is the one that was created for the last era (lava titan era) as a landing page, before that era got a new website. If the website contains all the information and is the exact same as the lava era, does that mean that the server is the same as the lava era?

I'm sorry for the whole misunderstanding/wrong guiding.
The server wont open that soon, sorry if you got me wrong there.. :)

As for what you guys mentioned about the server info, look for this line at the top -
"The only reason for this thread is to gather ideas for improvement of the gameplay."

I'm not lava-titan. I've no idea about what he did to the server,
When the time comes and we open the advertise topic, everything will be written there + on the site.

Again, feel free to contact my on skype
:)

One suggestion, before you even Consider starting the server up to public you need to keep in mind that people Will pass level 300 in two week or three weeks if they play everyday 24/7 (like me;)) and you should seriously consider making some new spells/even islands between this level 300-500 gap.

What do you think on this DestinationSer -

XP rate has decreased.
New zone for levels 250-500 - Ridgefire Mountains
New zone for levels +500 - Torvora
All existing places have been changed,the whole map got revamped(still in progress)

Dungeon system notes anyone?
I know its bad, I need help with improvement ideas on that one

XP rate has decreased.
All existing places have been changed,the whole map got revamped(still in progress)

I'm not sure if it is possible, but maybe change the dungeon system completely?
Like; you can find maps in-game from monsters, when you go to the dungeon NPC you can choose which map you want to play (if you have the desired map piece), and you'll be teleported to there with your team (if all have the map piece).
Also make sure people are not able to camp in dungeons.
Maybe have level gaps for these dungeons starting at 50 until 500 or so.

You should create something what people are able to do if they are bored hunting the same monsters, or pvp or w/e but is still fun to do like hard boss fights or so.

Dungeons should be only for loot not for exp in my opinion <3

XP rate has decreased.

My point wasnt that exp had to be lowered cause that will completely tire people out a lot, exp was decent last era.
You need to add more quests with each having its own unique and exciting storyline

My point wasnt that exp had to be lowered cause that will completely tire people out a lot, exp was decent last era.
You need to add more quests with each having its own unique and exciting storyline
This, the exp was fine last era and if you are going to lower it, people will get bored very fast. You should add some new quest and maybe change position of secret quest cause by now everyone knows here they are.

Also add some harder places to hunt so people have more opportunities to team hunt (also at lower lvs)

would be nice to see some super rare drops in the game also to keep it interesting. like you could add pieces of an amulet to each dungeon end boss with a loot chance of 0.1% er so. if you have all 3 (or more) you can combine them to the final amulet.

Back