• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ascalon World

xAvatarx

Reaction score
What happened with Ascalon?
http://ascalon-world.com/ says that the server is for sale o.0?
I heard that they hired a new developer (Gaal) and that a new season is comming soon...

Any more informations?

I wonder the same. Someone who's got any information, please respond.

I've also been curious of what happened to it. I saw that it was for sale and assumed it was controlled by the owners.
According to PEMUS the website has been stolen? :eek:

@xAvatarx Thinks that "that they hired a new developer (Gaal) and that a new season is comming soon..."
Could you enlighten us with some insight of where you came across this knowlege?!

Ascalon has been tainted to much with all these unprofessional owners so my exceptaitons are pretty low.

I've also been curious of what happened to it. I saw that it was for sale and assumed it was controlled by the owners.
According to PEMUS the website has been stolen? :eek:

@xAvatarx Thinks that "that they hired a new developer (Gaal) and that a new season is comming soon..."
Could you enlighten us with some insight of where you came across this knowlege?!

Ascalon has been tainted to much with all these unprofessional owners so my exceptaitons are pretty low.
I am also curious about answers to these questions

Hello and sorry it took me so long to reply here.

Right now Ascalon is being worked on.
Hopefully we will launch the server soon, we've added and modified many things.

I will open a thread for the final era soon,
feel free to ask me anything :)

I will possibly be talking to Fare in a few months (could be up to a year) where i will talk to him about purchasing Ascalon-World.

My offer to him will be $2000.00 and i will even pay up first or what ever he wants to do, what do i want? I want 100% ownership of the server ofc, also if i do plan to buy this server i plan to make the maximum level of (1000) and will be adding alot more stuff, ill plan to hire a scripter possibly @HalfAway and ill possibly run it for a couple of years, i have a pc that will be ready to host within 6 months to a year, before i even try to purchase i will wait for @Fare to reply to me when ever he wants to sell it, again i cant wait for this server to be on and when i is i will obviously play it again :)

If @Fare does accept my offer in the future, i plan to pay him 25% of all donations i make for the full time that i will be hosting the server.

I also plan on adding more custom sprited items which i will also be hiring someone to help me with (i do not know who to hire for this job yet) and ill also be adding alot more custom monsters & loot, im even thinking of adding some more events to it, when it is done with my ideas i think i will be a great release and everyone will be satisfied ^^

Why am i doing this? In the next 6-14 months i will be getting a check from the state for over $54,000 (i cannot say why because it is to much to explain) and ill be purchasing a few custom made computers made for the best of hosting, i also plan to buyout a few popular servers and im willing to pay top dollar, even though some people think im doing this only for money ill be putting atleast $20,000 into a few new computers & some servers, so i think i will be losing alot of money ^^ i am simply doing this because i never wanna see a server die, and i think Ascalon-World is worth putting work into it and making sure it stays alive for a very long time.

Last edited:
Some suggestions:
  • Hire professional and unbiased staff. I can not stress how important this is and playing a server with corrupt staff is pointless.
  • Change the server up. Many of us have played Ascalon multiple times and it's boring knowing all the spawns, spells, locations, etc.. try changing it up a bit.
  • Create a discussion thread so we can see what you have planned. Give us small teasers and ask for feedback, ask us, THE PLAYERS, what we would like to see since we will be the ones playing the server.
  • Make sure there is more than enough content before you release it and don't think that making the exp rate super low will fix that because it won't, it will only make people complain about how slow it is.
  • Implement barriers so that no one person can power-level themselves through the server. There will always be those people who play 24/7 and rush through content which is no fun. There should be restraints at times, times where you NEED to team up. In real Tibia no one person can solo the game; you will need help from others eventually.
  • Launch an advertisement thread a week in advance so that people have time to tell friends, prepare themselves, and build up potential for server release.
I really hope you don't launch the server soon. I would love it if you opened a discussion thread with an official announcement that a new team has take over Ascalon. In the thread you would show us what has been modified/changed and what future plans you have. There is a lot of suggestions and feedback I would like to give to make the server better. The thing I don't like about most server developers is that they create and do what they want, which isn't wrong or a bad thing, but it's a lot better to ask players what they would like to see, and what they think, since the players will actually be the ones PLAYING the server and then you combine your idea's with theirs for a final product.

Not looking to put negativity towards you, it's just that Ascalon has been through a rough time. The previous few owners have done a poor job leaving the Ascalon name tainted. I'm trying to prevent you from making the same mistake and I hope to see an Ascalon thread in the near future. I wish you good luck!

I will possibly be talking to Fare in a few months (could be up to a year) where i will talk to him about purchasing Ascalon-World.

My offer to him will be $2000.00 and i will even pay up first or what ever he wants to do, what do i want? I want 100% ownership of the server ofc, also if i do plan to buy this server i plan to make the maximum level of (1000) and will be adding alot more stuff, ill plan to hire a scripter possibly @HalfAway and ill possibly run it for a couple of years, i have a pc that will be ready to host within 6 months to a year, before i even try to purchase i will wait for @Fare to reply to me when ever he wants to sell it, again i cant wait for this server to be on and when i is i will obviously play it again :)

If @Fare does accept my offer in the future, i plan to pay him 25% of all donations i make for the full time that i will be hosting the server.

I also plan on adding more custom sprited items which i will also be hiring someone to help me with (i do not know who to hire for this job yet) and ill also be adding alot more custom monsters & loot, im even thinking of adding some more events to it, when it is done with my ideas i think i will be a great release and everyone will be satisfied ^^

Why am i doing this? In the next 6-14 months i will be getting a check from the state for over $54,000 (i cannot say why because it is to much to explain) and ill be purchasing a few custom made computers made for the best of hosting, i also plan to buyout a few popular servers and im willing to pay top dollar, even though some people think im doing this only for money ill be putting atleast $20,000 into a few new computers & some servers, so i think i will be losing alot of money ^^ i am simply doing this because i never wanna see a server die, and i think Ascalon-World is worth putting work into it and making sure it stays alive for a very long time.
I dont like 1000 max lvl but its just my opinion :p

Back