• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ask whatever you want, I will try to get you satisfied as possible!

Facebook is shutting down its Deals service reports Reuters. Facebook’s Groupon-like deal service launched late April in 5 major cities and offered the ability to cash in on deals local to you and your network.

“After testing Deals for four months, we’ve decided to end our Deals product in the coming weeks,” said a spokesperson.

“We think there is a lot of power in a social approach to driving people into local businesses. We’ve learned a lot from our test and we’ll continue to evaluate how to best serve local businesses.”

Facebook’s Deals service was launched as an obvious response to Groupon and LivingSocial and other local deal sites. Google also responded to the burgeoning market with its own Daily Deals service after it failed to purchase Groupon late last year. Facebook’s product was very similar to any of the others on the market and failed to successfully leverage much of Facebook’s social graph in the way that other products like its games do.

As commenter Mari Smith notes below, Facebook’s Check-in Deals will still be available, it is only the Deals product that had a limited launch earlier this year that is being canceled. Perhaps Facebook has had better luck with deals that are heavily tied to geolocation.

It’s possible that this particular product just didn’t gain traction and that Facebook will abandon the deals market altogether, but I wouldn’t count them completely out of the game yet. It’s posssible that the company will take what it has learned from its first attempt and come back with a more agressive option.

Do you happen to know anything about binary convertions? like 00010110 = 22 ( that's how computer communicates and stuff) If you do, I have a question.. I have a homework assigment and I'm wayyy tooo lazzyyyyy to do all the math... I'm suppoused to spell out " My name is Andres and I am on Networking 1 " There's a table somewhere that says like 1 = A 2 = B and so on..

It's called the ASCII table.

Two Nobel Prize winning scientists out of the U.K. have come up with a new way to use graphene – the thinnest material in the world – that could make Internet pipes feel a lot fatter.

University of Manchester professors Andre Geim and Kostya Novoselov, who won the 2010 Nobel Prize in Physics for their work with graphene, write in the journal Nature Communications of a method of combining the carbon-based material with metallic nanostructures to use as photodetectors that could greatly increase the amount of light optical communications devices could handle. This advance in graphene light harvesting and conversion into electrical power could lead to communications rates tens or even hundreds of times faster than today’s, the researchers say.

Two Nobel Prize winning scientists out of the U.K. have come up with a new way to use graphene – the thinnest material in the world – that could make Internet pipes feel a lot fatter.

University of Manchester professors Andre Geim and Kostya Novoselov, who won the 2010 Nobel Prize in Physics for their work with graphene, write in the journal Nature Communications of a method of combining the carbon-based material with metallic nanostructures to use as photodetectors that could greatly increase the amount of light optical communications devices could handle. This advance in graphene light harvesting and conversion into electrical power could lead to communications rates tens or even hundreds of times faster than today’s, the researchers say.

Can't tell if there's a hidden question or just random as fuck..

Funny because
OA9rx.jpg

QnjCP.jpg

PQUXq.jpg

I usually make fun of people and you are no exception

Hmm.. get a life perhaps? try to live without trolling, trust me its funnier. and I edited the first post to underline that sentence where it says I will post some news everyday.

Hmm.. get a life perhaps? try to live without trolling, trust me its funnier. and I edited the first post to underline that sentence where it says I will post some news everyday.
Nah I think your responses are quite funny to be honest

Taiwan's ITRI and Transcend has teamed up to create a USB 3.0 thumb stick featuring 2 TB of storage.

During Display Taiwan, Transcend and Taiwan's ITRI displayed a finger-long USB stick that reportedly offers 2 TB of storage. That's no typo. It somehow holds up to 2 terabytes worth of information.

So far neither company has released anything official in regards to specs or a simple introduction, nor does the high-capacity USB 3.0 stick appear on Display Taiwan's website. But as seen in the video below, the "Thin Card" thumb drive is even smaller than a thumb, measuring slightly thicker than a penny. It offers a minimum of 16 GB and a maximum of 2 TB.

According to the rep, the USB stick hasn't become available thus far because an international standard for USB 3.0 has yet to be set. That said, ITRI and Transcend won't push the tech onto the market until USB gives the international green light on v3.0.

The ITRI, or Taiwan's Industrial Technology Research Institute, is a national research organization with a mission of "conducting technological research, promoting industrial development, creating economic value and improving social welfare for Taiwan." That said, the drive is expected to arrive in Taiwan first, and then other territories shortly thereafter.

So how much will a 2 TB USB 3.0 thumb drive cost?

[video=youtube;p7Fp_kLmSIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Fp_kLmSIM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Back