• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Asking for financial assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m turning to this community for some support during a difficult time. If you don’t care or have no interest in helping, please continue on. I do not want to deal with arguing, trolling, or negativity right now. I simply cannot. 😔

My only option at this point is something I’ll regret to acquire cash as I’ve already lost my home and am running out of time. But I don’t want to be forced into that, so I’m seeking additional help here before. Many may know me as an old member here. Last year our team was developing TibiaWR and we accomplished quite a lot. I’m very proud of them. Since then, I’ve been on our Discord Server and the OTAcademy Server, and have been keeping the files up to date alongside TVP until I was recently forced into homelessness (February 1st). January was a difficult month and I should’ve asked for help then… A couple months ago I lost my employment and I was using this income to fund development. We shutdown officially at the end of October but I continued to keep things going as long as possible. All servers were taken offline around November. After that, I went on unemployment benefits, which were enough to get me by for the time being… And now I’ve lost pretty much everything.

If you are able to assist, I’m asking small donations for food and basics. My remaining rent balance is $700. If I pay this, I’ll have a place to live through February. I greatly appreciate any support. I still have my phone (at least for now). Thank you for your kindness and generosity. 🙏

I will provide details for Western Union, Zelle, or Cash App via messages. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I cant believe you are doing this again, anyways wish you the best

I cant believe you are doing this again, anyways wish you the best

Yeah, last time I totaled my car and lost a lot. That was back in like 2018? But life has its ups and down, and I’ve got no family to turn to, so I am asking for help. Just a difficult period. Thank you for the kind words.

Last edited:
Hi. @J.Dre
We had the opportunity to talk once on the otacademy discord. I remember how arrogant you were, how you "looked down" at people who wanted to start a normal conversation with you. I'm not saying this to hurt you or add fuel to the fire but I think you should consider how you've treated others (I'm also talking about situations with other people, the details of which I know very well) and learn from it. I'm not saying that being arrogant / rude got you into this situation but I do know that changing your attitude towards people and the world to a positive one very often affects what your near future will look like. Make friends, not enemies. I would like to help but firstly I don't know if it's true, secondly I don't think this is the place for this type of posts and thirdly your life is in your hands. I wrote some ideas for you above - I advise you to think about it while you are still young and have a future ahead of you. (I say this from my own experience)

I don't know where you are from but I believe that there are organizations or institutions in your country that help the homeless. If all this is true - please go there for help, in my opinion this is the first thing you should do to not live on the street.

Good luck.

I don’t know who you are. I’ve never looked down upon anyone. Always been generous and supportive.

If I did something to upset you, I apologize.

Yeah, last time I totaled my car and lost a lot. That was back in like 2018? But life keeps getting worse for me unfortunately. Just a difficult period.

Thank you for the kind words.
Sounds extremely irresponsible and unadult of you. The kind of help you really need, we aren't able to provide. You need rehabilitation buddy, good luck.

Sounds extremely irresponsible and unadult of you. The kind of help you really need, we aren't able to provide. You need rehabilitation buddy, good luck.

Someone hit me and pushed me into a median on a highway. How’s that my fault? It was a devastating situation.

Not that man, your situation sounds awful and I wouldn't wish bankruptcy or homelessness on anybody because they are literally the two worst kind of situations you can be in with the third being war. Everything has a solution if you work hard for it, but the first step in growing is taking responsibility.

You've repeatedly mentioned how life keeps getting worse, you were sacrificing essential resources and negligent of your own responsibilities to the point where you were left homeless, thus victimizing yourself by picturing your self in a role of inability where those were conscious choices you've made. I am unable to send you money but if I could I would... I too am living a very rough situation but I am working my ass off to get out of it. Blaming other's won't help.

Honestly, the first time I felt bad, even almost donated to you myself. Then I saw you rebooting TibiaWR and funnelling cash into it once you were back on your feet. I hoped that you had sent money back to those people who helped you out in the first time you posted an exact copy of this thread, but I doubted it.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" as the saying goes.

Someone hit me and pushed me into a median on a highway. How’s that my fault? It was a devastating situation.
But it's nobody elses problem except yours... It's up to you to deal with it and manage your own cash flow, money and issues.

Out of all the resources in the world (and probably, local to you), you've decided to come and beg on a open source software forum for... money?
I guess it was lucrative the first time around...

Good luck

I hope you get nothing since you rugpulled your entire community without a word and everyone who backed you got ghosted.

The fact that you've cursed this entire community and come here begging is pathetic

Umm, I don’t know who you are either.

People being “ghosted” wasn’t what happened. The project failed and I couldn’t keep it online due to life circumstances, so I shutdown everything. When you lose your job and everything important to you, priorities change. Everyone that supported us did so knowing it was a risk. I didn’t promise or guarantee anything.

I’ve not cursed anyone? What? I don’t understand any of these responses. But I do appreciate those who have been supportive. Always.

My membership of this community stems back to 2008. Since then, I’ve supported many. Never had any issues with “scamming” or anything.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I’m turning to this community for some support during a difficult time. If you don’t care or have no interest in helping, please continue on. I do not want to deal with arguing, trolling, or negativity right now. I simply cannot. 😔

My only option at this point is something I’ll regret to acquire cash as I’ve already lost my home and am running out of time. But I don’t want to be forced into that, so I’m seeking additional help here before. Many may know me as an old member here. Last year our team was developing TibiaWR and we accomplished quite a lot. I’m very proud of them. Since then, I’ve been on our Discord Server and the OTAcademy Server, and have been keeping the files up to date alongside TVP until I was recently forced into homelessness (February 1st). January was a difficult month and I should’ve asked for help then… A couple months ago I lost my employment and I was using this income to fund development. We shutdown officially at the end of October but I continued to keep things going as long as possible. All servers were taken offline around November. After that, I went on unemployment benefits, which were enough to get me by for the time being. My idiocy and belief in this project pretty much lost me everything.

If you are able to assist me at all, I’m asking $20 for food and basics. My remaining rent balance is $700. If I pay this, I’ll have a place to live through February. I greatly appreciate any support. I still have my phone (at least for now). Thank you 🙏

I’ll give personal information via DM to pick up cash if you would like to use Western Union.
Im here to assist you with financial ADVICE!

Don't spend money that you cannot afford to lose. Always save some money from each paycheck.
It seems like this isnt the first time you have been seeking financial assist trough the community. From a third person perspective this is your own causing, you brought this upon yourself since you haven't learned from earlier mistakes.

Who have you supported too deserve these hard working peoples money to pay your bills?
What have you contributed to our open source community?
Im a bit confused, you write that you have unemployment benefits and you still want the communities money?
I can't wrap my head around that...

My last advice is to get a job at any place hiring, work your way out of this situation.

Won't be sending you money cause that would be me enabling your behavior to seek donations from other hard working people for the fourth time.
I can't condone anyone else to send their money just for the above mention causes.

Good luck.

Who are all of these new members posting like they know me? I’m so confused. Am I being trolled?

Who are all of these new members posting like they know me? I’m so confused. Am I being trolled?
It seems that you dont want any financial advice, I guess it easier for you to beg for free money from people like a hobo.
My time in this community is irrelvant in this matter since your are asking for funding for your own hick ups.
I dont need to know you to give you financial advice.

I will ask these question again:
Who have you supported too deserve these hard working peoples money to pay your bills?
Im a bit confused, you write that you have unemployment benefits and you still want the communities money?

I mean this with the up most respect for you financial situation. Take any job that is hiring. This isnt a durable situation. What happens after you get the money for this month?

Why are you defensive?

Bro nobody is trolling you but yourself, you played yourself by expecting anything from anyone in the first place, and you're getting way more than you asked for in the first place which is companionship and tips from people who've probably had to suffer more in the first place than you and became stronger from it and they're giving you survival advice and all you don't even say thanks? w/e, good luck man

I was the biggest supporter and the most active player but you decided that otland wasn't to your standard because you were going to hire influencers on tiktok or some bs to advertise instead of free advertising on this forum.

And then the thread, discord, website and everything just poofed and was never seen again.

Im here to assist you with financial ADVICE!

Don't spend money that you cannot afford to lose. Always save some money from each paycheck.
It seems like this isnt the first time you have been seeking financial assist trough the community. From a third person perspective this is your own causing, you brought this upon yourself since you haven't learned from earlier mistakes.

I can't wrap my head around that...

My last advice is to get a job at any place hiring, work your way out of this situation.

Won't be sending you money cause that would be me enabling your behavior to seek donations from other hard working people for the fourth time.
I can't condone anyone else to send their money just for the above mention causes.

Good luck.

People donate to support others out of kindness. I’m not expecting anything from anyone. I made a post asking for help. If you don’t wish to help, why waste energy? I don’t know you. So, please move on.

Edit: This is the second time I have asked for help, the first after my car crash and lost a lot. There is nothing wrong asking for help. I don’t have family to turn to.

Last edited:
forbidden-151987_640.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back