• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Australia] Forsaken 8.6

Ah yes @Wason i did just discover those :) I grabbed your Data pack cause i really liked the look of it. If you are in any way unhappy with what i am doing just let me know. And yeah i took it down from 400 already, it's on 200 now, i think i might go down again :p
:cool:

Do what you want ;)
I'm happy to see someone using my server.

Ah yes @Wason i did just discover those :) I grabbed your Data pack cause i really liked the look of it. If you are in any way unhappy with what i am doing just let me know. And yeah i took it down from 400 already, it's on 200 now, i think i might go down again :p
:cool:

And @God Mythera your right, i did in no way start this server from scratch, but that's okay, now Australian players can play on a local server with really good ping mind you.. and the players on the server have been plenty helpful aswell, bugs, problems in general actually they let me know, i fix it, and they play on. So it's all good, i'll let your opinions explode your brain and get to you all day long while we just have some good old Tibia fun :p Best of luck with your server too. I hear RL Maps are highly competitive, i mean, check out that fortera-global.net, better start shouting your ip out on there am i right ;)
Like i said i dont hate the server, i just find it kind of disappointing when people use other peoples datapacks for money and didnt even do anything with the server, if you are simply doing it for your players make items really cheap (like 1$ per item or something) that is if you're really doing it for Australia players. Also about my server i understand higher versions are pretty competitive and in a couple of weeks i plan to purchase a (3) day countdown.

@God Mythera
There is no profit to be made out of the Australian community. It is too small. All your arguments are invalid here.
I know this because I hosted the largest Australian server that has ever been (granted this was a good 8(?) years ago now). The Australian community was much larger then too, but the costs of hosting in Australia were too great then and honestly not much has changed in that regard.

What you pay for 100mbit dedicated in USA - you get 10mbit shared for in Australia.
I ultimately stopped hosting for Australia because the companies that were affordable could not withstand even a small DDOS attack and unfortunately attacks are common.

I hope this server does well and helps bring back the Australian community! If there is any help I can offer, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best of luck,
Michael

Like i said i dont hate the server, i just find it kind of disappointing when people use other peoples datapacks for money and didnt even do anything with the server, if you are simply doing it for your players make items really cheap (like 1$ per item or something) that is if you're really doing it for Australia players. Also about my server i understand higher versions are pretty competitive and in a couple of weeks i plan to purchase a (3) day countdown.
True, its so dissapointing to have a real map fully reworked as u assume, and gets only 2 players, forreal count down won't bring you players, i've checked most of your posts and all you care about is "donation" which is not nesscessary with any real map server to success, countdown might bring you players but it wont make them to stay ;), just fix your server before judging others:p

@God Mythera
There is no profit to be made out of the Australian community. It is too small. All your arguments are invalid here.
I know this because I hosted the largest Australian server that has ever been (granted this was a good 8(?) years ago now). The Australian community was much larger then too, but the costs of hosting in Australia were too great then and honestly not much has changed in that regard.

What you pay for 100mbit dedicated in USA - you get 10mbit shared for in Australia.
I ultimately stopped hosting for Australia because the companies that were affordable could not withstand even a small DDOS attack and unfortunately attacks are common.

I hope this server does well and helps bring back the Australian community! If there is any help I can offer, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best of luck,
Michael
Did you not see all that i wrote? Or did you only read what you wanna read?

@God Mythera
I read it all. Your position is clear, you don't like seeing people "use other peoples datapacks for money". As a creator of content myself - I get that. I even agree with your overall community stance on the issue.
What you don't seem to grasp though, even though I feel that I explained it pretty clearly in my previous post, is that there is no money to be made from the Australian community due to the lack of players and high cost of hosting here.

With that in mind your judgement ("all terrible servers", "should of died when the real owner stopped") and disappointment ("i just find it kind of disappointing") is misplaced in this thread.
I'd suggest rethinking the way you present your opinions and voice your criticisms as they have been received negatively in this thread. I've got nothing against you, that's just my advice based solely on this thread.

I hope this post better explains things!
xoxo michael

But while i also agree @God Mythera you do have it wrong, i am not hosting to make money, i am hosting it cause i enjoy it. But the thing is, help from the community to pay for hosting is fine too.

@MysteriousDot I may not have posted a whole lot but i have been active on and off since 2009 on otland :p

I tried a few versions of TFS 0.3.6, what would happen is, players killed monsters and it would crash without any error, couldn't fix it. But ill have a look at that one now :)

I tried a few versions of TFS 0.3.6, what would happen is, players killed monsters and it would crash without any error, couldn't fix it. But ill have a look at that one now :)

TFS 0.4 works prefect in my ots ;)

With a bit of messing around, server is back up. Not 100 percent sure if i have solved everything.

Back