• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Australian Player's thread

No mention of blueshift? wow... hurts me man..

FYI for other auzzies its not dead its just not "live" its in like Alpha haha

History of Aus & NZ Open Tibia Servers? Anyone got screenshots? I'll try dig some up soon :p

AU - Toddles - Can't remember the client version. Must have been around 7.4? Based on YurOTS.
NZ - Straifel's - Pretty sure this was originally 7.4, updated to 7.5/6 at some point. Full custom map. @DekxOT - any more info on this?
AU - Hunterland - 7.6 custom map, no exhaust, could kill NPC's
AU - Nightmares - This came up as an unedited Evolutions server. The complete basic map without changes. Low rate. 8.0? Was the most popular Australian OT since Toddles went down. Myself and another guy (eddie maybe?) mapped for him a bit to add custom content.
- After nightmares went down, an NZ guy named Rikki (rikkigoloco) rehosted a pretty much exact replica.
AU - Strikers - The original 'Strikers' server. More heavily modified evolutions server. 8.0? Modded and hosted by a family of west aussies. Strikers went on to be rehosted with updated content like 100 more times. It got more and more awful every time and I honestly don't know why anyone kept playing it. The owner had created all sorts of secret areas that only him and his RL's knew how to get to. It was absolutely retarded. Oh well :p
AU - Vendetta RPG - My first server - Again, another heavily modified evolutions server - but I dominated my predecessors with some custom systems and better mapping. I stole the majority of Strikers players at the time :p Sorry guys! I swear to god I was the first person to ever think of putting monsters in a teleporter room. Revolutionary - I know. Before that everyone had signs. Madness I thought. I'm sure other people also had this 'original' epiphany but whatever. I'm claiming it.
AU - Years Of Decay - This was a hardcore RPG server. Pretty sure it was custom map. I never got into it. Too hardcore. Nobody played. Like, ever. I imagine the owners put a lot of effort into it though =\ @Yodot
AU - Ribs OT - I honestly don't remember much about this one - anyone else?
AU - Shinzakai - Full custom map by @DekxOT - I think this was using Evolutions server, but started from scratch on the map.
AU - Zanmato's - I think this was actually a modded base TFS map originally, then ended up being a modded evolutions or neverland or somthing - can't quite remember. Got rehosted many times in many different versions.
AU - Australia RPG - My first real map server, I think it was about 8.5? Nothing custom about it at all, but I had fixed a whole lot more stuff than the majority and it did pretty well.
AU - Nightmares RL Map - I can't actually remember what the name of this one was, but it was a real map hosted by a guy named Matt, and it had the frozen starlight teleport system that @strutZ has in his signature now. Was it yours? This was a super long time ago still, and I think that was the only custom system, but it was cool. Server was popular too. Or was that Soulcoor's Serenity? So. Long. Ago.
AU - Ascension RPG - This was my attempt at giving the community "what they wanted". It was a medium rate full custom map + real tibia quests with teleporters to main areas and quests. It quickly became the most popular aussie OT ever created so far. I stopped hosting after my VPS provider in Sydney shut down my service, zipped & dumped my data & changed their usage policy overnight. No more game or voice server hosting for them! Apparently they don't like being DDOS'ed.
AU - BlueShift - Real map server with custom systems and some custom content - hosted by @strutZ

Honestly after Ascension went down I haven't seen anything particularly noteworthy hosted for Australia until recently when @strutZ was hosting his real map. Personally I don't like real maps and so I didn't really get into it, I did check it out a bit though and find it to be pretty interesting, well made and well maintained.

Which servers did I miss? I'm sure I missed some!

Edit:
- Totally forgot I hosted a my war server in there at some point around ~8.6 too.

Screenshots:

The original custom map I created for my war server, hosted first for Australia =D
451c9927e7.jpg
Can't believe not one mention of Kiwiserver :(

Kiwiserver!
I apologise, my memory is obviously not perfect!
I don't remember any specific details about it at all though, adding it to the list now but if you could provide a few details that would be cool =D

EDIT:
Wasn't Kiwiserver hosted in USA though? I think that's why I didn't think of it straight up >.<

Since pretty much all the AU/NZ dev community has been tagged in on this thread by now - wouldn't it be nice if we could all work together on a 'forever' server? ;3

p.s. I added a few screenshots to the bottom of my server history list from the maps I still had archived :p

I'll make a thread about blueshift soon.

Since pretty much all the AU/NZ dev community has been tagged in on this thread by now - wouldn't it be nice if we could all work together on a 'forever' server? ;3

p.s. I added a few screenshots to the bottom of my server history list from the maps I still had archived :p
We are always looking to expand our custom maps we have man dont be afraid to share ;)

Oh hi
Checking in from Perth =]

@Far Carder
@STiX
Hey!
History of Aus & NZ Open Tibia Servers? Anyone got screenshots? I'll try dig some up soon :p

AU - Toddles - Can't remember the client version. Must have been around 7.4? Based on YurOTS.
NZ - Straifel's - Pretty sure this was originally 7.4, updated to 7.5/6 at some point. Full custom map. @DekxOT - any more info on this?
AU - Hunterland - 7.6 custom map, no exhaust, could kill NPC's
AU - Nightmares - This came up as an unedited Evolutions server. The complete basic map without changes. Low rate. 8.0? Was the most popular Australian OT since Toddles went down. Myself and another guy (eddie maybe?) mapped for him a bit to add custom content.
- After nightmares went down, an NZ guy named Rikki (rikkigoloco) rehosted a pretty much exact replica.
NZ - Kiwiserver - @Peroxide for details!
AU - Strikers - The original 'Strikers' server. More heavily modified evolutions server. 8.0? Modded and hosted by a family of west aussies. Strikers went on to be rehosted with updated content like 100 more times. It got more and more awful every time and I honestly don't know why anyone kept playing it. The owner had created all sorts of secret areas that only him and his RL's knew how to get to. It was absolutely retarded. Oh well :p
AU - Vendetta RPG - My first server - Again, another heavily modified evolutions server - but I dominated my predecessors with some custom systems and better mapping. I stole the majority of Strikers players at the time :p Sorry guys! I swear to god I was the first person to ever think of putting monsters in a teleporter room. Revolutionary - I know. Before that everyone had signs. Madness I thought. I'm sure other people also had this 'original' epiphany but whatever. I'm claiming it.
AU - Years Of Decay - This was a hardcore RPG server. Pretty sure it was custom map. I never got into it. Too hardcore. Nobody played. Like, ever. I imagine the owners put a lot of effort into it though =\ @Yodot
AU - Ribs OT - I honestly don't remember much about this one - anyone else?
AU - Shinzakai - Full custom map by @DekxOT - I think this was using Evolutions server, but started from scratch on the map.
AU - Zanmato's - I think this was actually a modded base TFS map originally, then ended up being a modded evolutions or neverland or somthing - can't quite remember. Got rehosted many times in many different versions.
AU - Australia RPG - My first real map server, I think it was about 8.5? Nothing custom about it at all, but I had fixed a whole lot more stuff than the majority and it did pretty well.
AU - Nightmares RL Map - I can't actually remember what the name of this one was, but it was a real map hosted by a guy named Matt, and it had the frozen starlight teleport system that @strutZ has in his signature now. Was it yours? This was a super long time ago still, and I think that was the only custom system, but it was cool. Server was popular too. Or was that Soulcoor's Serenity? So. Long. Ago.
AU - Ascension RPG - This was my attempt at giving the community "what they wanted". It was a medium rate full custom map + real tibia quests with teleporters to main areas and quests. It quickly became the most popular aussie OT ever created so far. I stopped hosting after my VPS provider in Sydney shut down my service, zipped & dumped my data & changed their usage policy overnight. No more game or voice server hosting for them! Apparently they don't like being DDOS'ed.
AU - BlueShift - Real map server with custom systems and some custom content - hosted by @strutZ

Honestly after Ascension went down I haven't seen anything particularly noteworthy hosted for Australia until recently when @strutZ was hosting his real map. Personally I don't like real maps and so I didn't really get into it, I did check it out a bit though and find it to be pretty interesting, well made and well maintained.

Which servers did I miss? I'm sure I missed some!

Edit:
- Totally forgot I hosted a my war server in there at some point around ~8.6 too.

Screenshots:

The original custom map I created for my war server, hosted first for Australia =D
451c9927e7.jpg
The main town area of Ascension RPG
b9815c6bc3.jpg
The main town area of Vendetta RPG & the teleporter room (This is a 'revamped' version of it (awful I know)) It was original 8.0 - I can't open that map file because I don't have a client for it =( But this was the 8.4 version haha.
0255f0378b.jpg

eae40b71a7.jpg
I ran a couple for a year and a bit each.
Don't recall the names exactly, ChaosOT and Forbidden World or something to that effect.

Just a quick FYI for those watching this thread:
If you're into oldschool / 7.4 Tibia check out Mastercores.
Three game worlds including one hosted in Sydney, Australia.
Currently in an open test phase and will reset/wipe. Check it out and pencil it into your diaries for official launch early September.

Myself and Michael (mainly Michael) made a discord for all Australian tibia players rl and OT. Join up and spread it around, it would be good to get everyone in one central location. The Aus community is really fragmented and all over the place at the moment.

Last edited:
Fellow Aussie here, playing Unity (Medivia) Quite a few of us here, connection is fine even though hosted in Canada.

Let me know if anyone starts :D

Fellow Aussie here, playing Unity (Medivia) Quite a few of us here, connection is fine even though hosted in Canada.

Let me know if anyone starts :D
Hey while on the topic of servers im wiping my server Nutopia on the first of august (01/08/20 - little under two weeks) for the start of season 3. Its been locally hosted in AUS for almost 1.5 years now and has come a pretty long way. You guys should check it out and support a locally hosted server. Its got some unique stuff on it. If you have US friends they can play also as i have a proxy built into the server. Heres the server guide Nutopia Guide 1.0 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zyW-ZVb6I2lQnDX7PDAvWpdJ8N8Nz0kwAk1KLY5T5AU/edit#gid=160367394). Check the testimonials section for people who vouched.

here is the discord

Join the Nutopia Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/nRfzhkT)

Back