• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Auto Heal / Afk healing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care about this matter, but TS did not break the rules.

Talaturen said, and I quote:
Indeed auto heal is legal, but doing it afk is considered as afk mana training

Now I don't know anything about the staff, but obviously there's some confusion regarding this matter. Anyone with some knowledge about law and rules should know that a crime requires some sort of intent. You should not require a law degree in order to understand this.

My law degree is in Swedish but I could try to explain it real quick to you anyways. I'm a 'jurist', not an 'advokat'.

A. (legal)
If it is previously stated on a official medium (the softcore rules) that the use of *insert unofficial software" is legal/illegal, it must be followed and enforced by officials- in this case the GM.

B. (Intent)
What was the purpose of the alleged cheat? To increase the magic level of the character or to protect the character from harms way? If noone would attack the character, the unofficial software wouldn't activate a spell, thus not waste any mana.

C. (Conclusion)
The player used a unofficial software which the rules clearly state is legal.
A GM has officially confirmed that the use of this kind of software does not go against the rules.
The purpose of using the unofficial software was to heal the character and not to waste mana.
The unofficial software would not have done anything towards the client until the logged on character lost health.

It's impossible for me to predict what conclusion kids arguing on a small forum will lead to, but if this were a real legal case there is not a court in the world that could find him guilty.

Metaphor for the young and less gifted:
I am playing soccer on a grass field. There is a big sign saying that motor vehicles are not allowed on the grass and breaking this rule would result in a fine of 100£. Suddenly I get struck by a myocardial infarction, a heart attack. An ambulance is soon on the field with a stretcher, lifting me up.

Now, who in his right might would say that the ambulance driver should be fined for not keeping off the lawn even if there are tire marks in the grass?

Not a great metaphor but if you don't get it, ask your first grade teacher.

Sincerely yours,
The new guy

Last edited:
Agreed with above (ofcourse). Anyway, bann will be lifted tomorrow, so it doesn't really matter much.. Just hope to not get banned like this again cuz they didn't update rules lol

Agreed with above (ofcourse). Anyway, bann will be lifted tomorrow, so it doesn't really matter much.. Just hope to not get banned like this again cuz they didn't update rules lol

Oh, then I just wasted 10 minutes of my life on nothing. <_<

It's a good thing that this isn't a site with commercial interests. Then this could have lead to a lawsuit and the permanent closure of otland. :p

Last edited:
Oh, then I just wasted 10 minutes of my life on nothing. <_<

It's a good thing that this isn't a site with commercial interests. Then this could have lead to a lawsuit and the permanent closure of otland. :p

First of all, Tibia and RL Law's ain't the same LoL!
Secondly, he used spells which cause him to gain magic level, concidered as afk mana training.
Third, "We, the gamemasters of SoftCores, reserve the rights to ban or delete your account for any reason, however you could prevent that from happening by obeying our rules."
This also means that we can if we want, ban/delete you for any reason.

Tho, we are not like that, and he did break one of the rules which was the reason of hes ban.

So I was at home, playing around with some friends of mine, and then I went to set some coffee for the painter in our house, came back and saw GM Feloth on my ass.

So he started asking if I was auto healing or not, avoided the question but I replied him; since when is it illegal. He banned my anyway for it so I started looking up the rules which say:

Rule 2: external applications
We do allow several external applications which can give you advantage(s). However, applications which perform any of the following actions are PROHOBITED and WILL LEAD TO A BANISHMENT OF YOUR ENTIRE ACCOUNT:
* paralyze creatures for you
* hunt creatures automatically for you, whether you are idle from the game or not it is not allowed.
* combo attack players
* train magic level/skills while you are idle from the game
* login on multiple characters

If I'm not wrong this auto-heal doesn't paralyze a creature for me, doesn't hunt automatically, doesn't combo attack players, not train skills while being idle or login on multiple characters. The only thing which might be true is that the Exura Gran will gain 'mlvl'.

So I ask you, as GM's, either way you fix the rules and make it more clear, or unbann me and get the notation/bann away.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Btw: I'm posting this becuz Feloth ignores me in game and tells me to make a 'insulting post' towards him again. Pathetic, but w/e.

If you were healing you probably used exura gran/san. I don't think you used uhs so you did mana train.

First of all, Tibia and RL Law's ain't the same LoL!

Of course not. Do you think I'm completely serious? I'm just making a point by a real life comparison.
he used spells which cause him to gain magic level

Your GM stated that the use of "auto healing" software is allowed and your rules does not exclude it. The banned player did only use a auto healing software which means that he did not break the rules (since the software did absolutely nothing to the character while being idle, but still would have reacted in the exact same way no matter if the player were at his computer or not) and this player can not be held responsible for another players actions.

"We, the gamemasters of SoftCores, reserve the rights to ban or delete your account for any reason, however you could prevent that from happening by obeying our rules."
This also means that we can if we want, ban/delete you for any reason.

I never claimed that you couldn't banish the account. All I've said is that the player didn't break any of rules (or as my previously mentioned comparison explained, any real law), which your assigned GM confirmed.

Tho, we are not like that
I don't want to question either your powers of observation, intelligence or age since I find such things quite rude, but really? Enforcing your right to banish an account "for any reason" is excatly what has happened in this case.

My thought is that "for any reason" could be anything from laziness or stubbornness to youthful foolishness. I doubt that you really are unable to understand simple logics. :confused:

1. When you just have to say this it's you are

2. Read whole the thread and ull find out me and vanderlay discussing uhs.

3. Noone asked you anything

4. Piss of

@vanderlay
Ty for letting me gain 300 mana on my magic level instead of taking it back.

You banned me for auto-healing instead of afk mana training so get ur facts before posting please. You're just making up new reasons everytime..

Ohh here we go again, a new flamer that got banned.

IF YOU ARE AUTOHEALING AFK IT IS ILLEGAL!
Its the same with people trying to abuse the a gamebug, where people try to sell a parchment instead of a exp scroll.

so lets say im hunting with auto healer then i go afk to go to bathroom and a creature spawns and starts atking me and you come how could you know if im cavebotting? if the player isnt attacking the monsters it shouldnt be a ban reason and the exp scroll people should just look at it first before trying to buy it

It's nice to see a cheater like you banned, blaming others and you get banned yourself :*

Since i have been in your guild i know you are cheating ;)

I have said it SO MANY times before.

My little brother got banned for blocking of Demona for me, Is there any rule against it? No, it didn't say anything about it on the forum and when i pointed that out and called them corrupted ( as they are ) They changed the rules and allowed people to block off areas but they didn't unban my brother.

Gms, Do you job, how fun is it with auto heal?

Don't allow: Auto heal and Auta heal paralyze and so much more, it really sux.

And make so you can use manas on your friends :)

Thanks

so lets say im hunting with auto healer then i go afk to go to bathroom and a creature spawns and starts atking me and you come how could you know if im cavebotting? if the player isnt attacking the monsters it shouldnt be a ban reason and the exp scroll people should just look at it first before trying to buy it

we'd better quit complaining.. Its wasted time since they aint doing anyway. Not even when 100 exp scrolls were bought in the last days..

2 days later, getting unbanned in 1 hour, what happened: nothing

Rule 2: external applications
We do allow several external applications which can give you advantage(s). However, applications which perform any of the following actions are PROHOBITED and WILL LEAD TO A BANISHMENT OF YOUR ENTIRE ACCOUNT:
* paralyze creatures for you
* hunt creatures automatically for you, whether you are idle from the game or not it is not allowed.
* combo attack players
* train magic level/skills while you are idle from the game
* login on multiple characters

GOod job guys, keep going.

Man, maybe you should try another style when talking to the GM's?

15:13 Ice Meto [152]: ur the most pathetic GM in whole server
15:13 Ice Meto [152]: lol

:thumbup:

Maybe take your role as a GM more serious? I know you guys are a bunch of kiddo's, but isnt Gamemasters suppose to ignore the shit talk, and consentrate on the GAME, rather some immature kids? Actually in his mind he's right, cause the rules doesnt say anything about it.

Maybe next time, try to figure things out BEFORE you ban a guy for something he said, not did.

1. When you just have to say this it's you are

2. Read whole the thread and ull find out me and vanderlay discussing uhs.

3. Noone asked you anything

4. Piss of

@vanderlay
Ty for letting me gain 300 mana on my magic level instead of taking it back.

You banned me for auto-healing instead of afk mana training so get ur facts before posting please. You're just making up new reasons everytime..

Hhahahahah please cry for this ot

All you say is that I'm crying, in fact you get owned all the time as just say this as an excuse.

Why Im saying youre crying Its becouse youre really crying

Apr 03 2009, 19:03:03 Killed at Level 182 by Sebbwe
Mar 26 2009, 19:43:49 Killed at Level 183 by Fuzja

Ice Meto, just to let it clear. We consider skills-training away from keyboard as illegal.

If you used an spell and you didn't answer the GM, it's your own fault.

Sorry, but the rules aren't wrong.

Why Im saying youre crying Its becouse youre really crying

Apr 03 2009, 19:03:03 Killed at Level 182 by Sebbwe
Mar 26 2009, 19:43:49 Killed at Level 183 by Fuzja

You just got lucky becuz I didn't save ur frags. And btw, Lary is level 174 again so /care

Ice Meto, just to let it clear. We consider skills-training away from keyboard as illegal.

If you used an spell and you didn't answer the GM, it's your own fault.

Sorry, but the rules aren't wrong.

The rules are wrong if you look good, I'm not crying over rules at all I'm just telling u to fix them.

Ice, your crying that's the problem sorry.

You're the only one crying cuz u got ip bann forever. Kktybye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back