• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AutoIt RPG Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt like bringing this alive again when I saw a thread about AutoIt games :(
I deleted the old code and started from scratch.

It's now Open-Source, source can be found here: SourceForge.net Repository - [autoitrpg] Index of /

Whats new?
Not much except for a better map system ^^

Look at source code, and you'll understand how map is reading.

Store the map in mysql database:d. Maybe look at rme mapeditor how the ot maps are stored?:)

I haven't done anything with binary so I'll check it out

Store the map in mysql database:d. Maybe look at rme mapeditor how the ot maps are stored?:)

Yes, good idea to have 1kkk records for every tile :) And 1000 queries every second to read them. :p

Binary is the only method, and RME saves it as binary.

Yes, good idea to have 1kkk records for every tile :) And 1000 queries every second to read them. :p

Binary is the only method, and RME saves it as binary.

And RME is open source ;)
Next plus.

Yep he saves the map in a loop, width of the map times height of the map.

But the thing is that this isn't supposed to be dependent of something already created.
The idea was to make something from scratch.
Atm I don't have any idea on how the reading/writing is done in binary.

But the thing is that this isn't supposed to be dependent of something already created.
The idea was to make something from scratch.
Atm I don't have any idea on how the reading/writing is done in binary.

But don't make new standards, that's why OT uses binary map coz it's best atm if you will do something else, then it will be worst.

But don't make new standards, that's why OT uses binary map coz it's best atm if you will do something else, then it will be worst.

Sure about that?
Anyways, I meant that I don't want to make something and then use a premade mapeditor, I want to learn by the things I make.

Sure about that?
Anyways, I meant that I don't want to make something and then use a premade mapeditor, I want to learn by the things I make.

I know what you mean, make own tools for this project etc. But use ideas from OT community. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back