• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Selling AutoPatcher for custom client

Milice

Nutjob
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay well its a pretty basic program really, you put the files and a config file of what version the server has and the program reads from a client config and the server config file.
If the server is higher it will patch your client.. The program is not done yet and i'm thinking of using this for my own server but i post this to see if anyones interested and a price can be decided later.. So post if you would think this is a good idea!

--Its now fully functional! currently programmed to download just the exe file but its just a matter of adding a few lines wich takes like 10 sec if you want it to download more files :)

VirusScan:
VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

Screenshot:
6yd45c.png

Last edited:
Would be wise to advertise the product when it's tested and finished, don't you think?

Would be wise to advertise the product when it's tested and finished, don't you think?
That would be better...
Thats like saying your selling a Map Tracker for a certain tibia protocol but it doesn't work, Your pretty much going to sell something
that isn't working properly.
Just an example.

Last edited:
It is done now, it was almost done by the time i posted ^^

Looks fucking interessing :p.

Like its worth money, this can be created in less then 10minutes? There are sources for patching programs all over the internet. This isn't hard to create so why are you asking money for a program you probably took more then 50% from the internet?^.-

Like its worth money, this can be created in less then 10minutes? There are sources for patching programs all over the internet. This isn't hard to create so why are you asking money for a program you probably took more then 50% from the internet?^.-

I programmed this all by myself but yes i know there is but its hard to find one as simple as this, and i mostly posted this to see if anyones even interested in using this kind of program

Ok then its good that you created it insteeds of copy/paste:) So how does your program work exactly? From your posts i get the following:

You launch your program on the client pc, the program checks the client version, logs in on the server and checks what version is the newest, then let it download newest version.

If that is correct, what about the security then?>:)

master-m if ur such a smart ass create one then?

Ok then its good that you created it insteeds of copy/paste:) So how does your program work exactly? From your posts i get the following:

You launch your program on the client pc, the program checks the client version, logs in on the server and checks what version is the newest, then let it download newest version.

If that is correct, what about the security then?>:)
How do you mean "security"? it simply reads the ini file from the web and from the client and if the client one is lower it will download the file specifed in the launcher.

And please tell me extactly what u ment by Security

a couple of years ago many ppl were interested in this, now it doesn't seem to be that kind of big deal anymore.. maybe people are to afraid of viruses these days.. but i would say it was more dangerous when the antivirus programs weren't that evolved yet :p

a couple of years ago many ppl were interested in this, now it doesn't seem to be that kind of big deal anymore.. maybe people are to afraid of viruses these days.. but i would say it was more dangerous when the antivirus programs weren't that evolved yet :p

It's because we have era of global maps now, no one makes custom servers nowdays. (Well there are few of them, but they're really rare.)

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any demand for this type of program. The people making custom servers are far-and-few-in-between and are likely very experienced with all aspects of scripting (most likely including this type of code).

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any demand for this type of program. The people making custom servers are far-and-few-in-between and are likely very experienced with all aspects of scripting (most likely including this type of code).

ye seems like it :p fine by me tho, im gonna use it for my own server anyway xD

well, external "launcher" with patching option is good thing for sure, but using tibia internal patcher would be nicer
Anyway: good luck with selling it, there are few projects that can be interested in it(mainly pokemon servers but...)

well, external "launcher" with patching option is good thing for sure, but using tibia internal patcher would be nicer
Anyway: good luck with selling it, there are few projects that can be interested in it(mainly pokemon servers but...)

Maybe he has sniffed how does tibia patcher work, and re-done it so it uses own servers? ;p

Back