• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Autoupdater 1.2 neoncube

Tibiamakers

yourolist.com
Reaction score
Well I have to say that this program is open source, you can find the source by internet and wasn't written by me, Otswe requested it so I thought that if ragnarok have an autoupdater why not open tibia, I downloaded the program and test it succesfully editing the file I want in my folder, with this you can update all the files perfect if you are making updates in your tibia .dat .spr .exe whatever... so here we go!

First here is the compiled program with some skins:
neoncube.rar

OK, you must attach the files with your custom client. there are 2 files and 1 folder: updater.exe ( nothing to say, is just the program ) neoncube.exe.Manifest ( Just a file that VB creates with some info about the program ( I think that you can delete it) and a folder that contains some folders with skins and the most important file: neoncube.ini

Code:
;##############################################################################
;##            NEONCUBE - [s]RAGNAROK[/s] TIBIA ONLINE PATCH CLIENT
;##
;##  http://openkore.sourceforge.net/neoncube
;##  (c) 2005, 2006 Ansell Cruz a.k.a Meowmix ([email protected])
;##
;##  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
;##  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
;##  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
;##  (at your option) any later version.
;##
;##  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;##  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
;##  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
;##  GNU General Public License for more details.
;##
;## You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
;##  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
;##  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
;##
;###############################################################################

; neoncube.ini
;
; -- [server] section
; server_name        = Server's name (Just your server name: Blackland, Rise of europe... whatever)
; notice_url         = URL of your website, yes the program have a navigator inside (without the http://) (EX: www.domain.com/notice.php)
; patch_site         = hostname/IP of the HTTP patch server (where the files will be downloaded) (EG: www.patchserver.domain.com)
; patch_port         = port number of your website (1-65535). If omitted, defaults to 80. ( normal websites use port 80 )
; patch_list         = absolute path to the patchlist text document, in patch_site (EX: /path/to/patchlist.txt, which forms the URL
;                                 [B]http://www.domain.com/path/patchlist.txt[/B])
; patch_folder         = path to the folder which contains the patch files, in patch_site (EX: [B]http://www.domain.com/path/[/B])
; executable         = program to be launched when the "start game" button has been pressed (EX: Tibia.exe)
; registration_link    = URL to launch when the user clicks the registration link (EG: http://www.domain.com/register.php).
; grf             = [s]grf file (EG: adata.grf)[/s] <- This is the file that cointains graphics in ragnarok, we just put the Tibia.spr
; skin             = skin to use (EG: default_skin). See the neoncube folder for a list of choices
; Backup_GRF         = set to 1 if you want to backup the [s]GRF[/s] SPR file before applying the patch. 0 to disable. [B]( I JUST TESTED WITH 0!)[/B]
; startup_option    = [1] Can start the ragnarok client anytime.
;                (patcher is still downloading files, patcher failed to connect, patcher failed to extract, etc).
;              [2] Can start the ragnarok client only AFTER the patch process has completed
;                (if it fails to connect/download a patch, it won't start).
;              [3] Can start the ragnarok client only AFTER the patch process has completed
;                (if it fails to connect/download a patch. it WILL start). *recommended* [B]( I JUST TESTED WITH 3!)[/B]
;
; -- [general] section
; debug_mode         = set to 1 to leave a the downloaded patch list as tmp.nc. If omitted, defaults to 0 ( HERE 0 )
; keep_patches         = <not implemented yet> nothing to say
; archive_passphrase    = archive passphrase, e.g. for RAR passworded files, leave this blank
;
; -- [network] section
;
;

[server]

server_name    = Rise of Europe
notice_url    = domain.com/notice.php
patch_site    = 127.0.0.1
patch_port    = 80
patch_list    = \patch\patchlist.txt
patch_folder    = \patch\

executable    = Tibia.exe
registration_link    = http://tibia.com/

skin    = skin_tibia

grf_file    = Tibia.spr
Backup_GRF    = 0
startup_option    = 3

[general]

;debug_mode = 0
archive_passphrase =

OK, with this we configured the updater but now we need to say wich files update and which delete. On the folder patch, we have to put the .SPR compressed in .RAR and a .txt called patchlist.txt:

Write inside:
Code:
1 FLD Tibia.rar

the program will download the .rar from your patch folder and extract the files in the folder. This version is a bit bugged ( because isn't created for tibia, but i found a solution to the problems ) it's supposed that there are more words like FLD that sincerely I don't know what really means but we just need that. If we want to delete a file that is in the folder we have to write it in the patchlist.txt EX:

Code:
1 FLD somefileIdontwant.extension
this will delete de file for add new files you have to put the .RAR or the program will try to delete it

Very important!!!!:
On the patchlist.txt with every update you have to put a progressive number:
EX:
Code:
1 FLD whatever.rar
the players of your OT update the files etc.. but you want to make an update again so you have to write
Code:
1 FLD whatever.rar
[B]2[/B] FLD whatever[B]2[/B].rar
and if you want to make another but also delete whatever:

Code:
1 FLD whatever.rar
[B]2[/B] FLD whatever[B]2[/B].rar
[B]3[/B] FLD whatever[B]3[/B].rar
[B]4[/B] FLD whatever[B]4[/B].extension

just make the bg. Buttons are in a folder too lazy to fit it well :p Feel free to ask and rep if you like it

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used this program alot when playing Ragnarok Online as 99% of RO servers use it, it is great and does its job very well :)

Thank you very much :) Rep!

This is actually mega useful, thank you for posting this.

Same problem with pacth list . It asks for patch/patchlist.txt. Where should I make the folder patch ?I dont really get it. I have to put all of the files into tibia client? Then where should be patch folder . It isnt there so I should create it , but then It still cannot find it (I've placed it almost everywhere).

How it will work? If I configure it , would it be like one file - patcher.exe , then start it , choose update and game client would run, or It would look like big folder with all that stuff patchers neocube files client files and I have to sent it all to everyone who would play on my server ?

Can you answer my last question? I'd like to insert dat file to this updater too.

Thanks

well i made fast the video, is tatty and with bad english, but i think that will solve your possible doubts

[video=youtube;urSLL2mh5cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urSLL2mh5cM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hyper cam made the video faster.. but well

- - - Updated - - -

btw: I see the video now and is horrible xD

Back