• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Avaricia 3D - Development Thread (Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Lightining, and more!)

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi, I was wondering if I should start a proyect of game based on Tibia. At the moment ive just made a simple render as sample of how It would look, i'm trying to make a more isometric camera to make it look more like Tibia. As soon I finish the main assets I'll start to study and figure out how to enable systems in Unity. I want to know your opinions to see what you think

The task list to start would be:
  • make the first animations of the character using stewart rig
  • create map through 3d modeling and texturing
  • start experimenting with particles to achieve the effects of some spells
  • begin the rigging and modeling of some creatures

I'll be watching your comments,
Regards, ralke...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-07-05 at 15.53.51.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-05 at 15.53.51.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 462 · VirusTotal
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-07-07 at 03.47.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-07 at 03.47.39.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 454 · VirusTotal
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-07-07 at 04.07.46.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-07 at 04.07.46.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 449 · VirusTotal
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-07-07 at 05.24.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-07 at 05.24.06.jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 444 · VirusTotal
Looks awesome, definitely keep it up!

I would love to see how you set up that camera:)

I've been trying to figure out the easiest way to create a 3d grid system in unity that mimics tibia, but no luck so far.

Do you mind shedding some light on that for me?

Also, that perspective is exactly what I've been thinking about. What kind of camera angle is that?

Looks awesome, definitely keep it up!

I would love to see how you set up that camera:)

I've been trying to figure out the easiest way to create a 3d grid system in unity that mimics tibia, but no luck so far.

Do you mind shedding some light on that for me?

Also, that perspective is exactly what I've been thinking about. What kind of camera angle is that?

At the moment I just model a single square with border, then replicate it. As I know Unity use meters instead of centimeters so you have to pay attention on that by changing the Maya's grid when modeling.. For the grid there might be some solutions that I have to test first, the ideas I have on mind is to create planar geometry inside the grid squares with some material similar to aiShadowMatte (in case of Arnold Renderer) to dont show it on real time render or make Override on Primary Visibility (render stats) and finally make it reacts to OnMouseOver on Unity.

About the camera, the angle I tried is Ortographic (attribute editor - ortographic view) with a 3 point camera (create - camera - camera aim and up), so you have to set aim at character and camera in a top view, and parent it to character with a locator.

Finally to make animations work, animate from one square to other, export assets as .fbx and then time the functions (i mean Key Inputs) on Unity, once I make all this I will upload an animation render in Arnold to show if works 😁 regards and gl!

Last edited:
Ahh. Makes sense. Sounds really tricky to get right!

Good luck, I'll be keeping tabs on it for sure :)

Are these stone slabs 3D models with lots of vertices instead of... 4?

yes its just a prototype, still missing a lot, retopology and uv texturing in case of models.. thanks for comment
I hope that the next post I do contains progress to begin to give a little life to the project, regards ^^

I think it’s a good project to improve yourself, if you have time and you would like to develop your skills, something like this would be good. But if you have plans for something bigger and want to take this seriously, you might have to do more. But either ways, its a good start, good luck

This actually looks really cool. How are you getting along with it?

Finally i'm going to revive this old project. Started again from scratch considering shear matrix concept. First grid tests, it seems that the camara achieves the desired perspective ^^ Also the basics for the walls and floors started to work, still need to rotate the corners and walls in all directions (x,y,z), every tile is made with an easy topology ready to make uv's and textures with displacement maps.

test.gif

Can maintenance be scheduled to go look at camera 3?
I think a wire is loose.

Can maintenance be scheduled to go look at camera 3?
I think a wire is loose.

Sup @Xikini happy to see your reply and appreciate a lot your feedback :D
It is because a highlighted line it's shown in the floor 2 when it moves?

The camera follows the sphere in the middle, but it already has angle rotations, lens, and thoose types of configurations inside the channel box (where you modify the camera attributes); if I didn't match it exactly can be very probable.

I haven't get sure yet if the perspective is the same that Tibia, tried to apply Shear matrix - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shear_matrix), so the grid will change its central position (or x:0,z:0,y:0) to (x:1;z:-1,y:4) as soon it changes y floor (every floor has 4 1x1 squares of heigh on y)

1659047551534.png

Last edited:
Sup @Xikini happy to see your reply and appreciate a lot your feedback :D
It is because a highlighted line it's shown in the floor 2 when it moves?

The camera follows the sphere in the middle, but it already has angle rotations, lens, and thoose types of configurations inside the channel box (where you modify the camera attributes); if I didn't match it exactly can be very probable.

I haven't get sure yet if the perspective is the same that Tibia, tried to apply Shear matrix - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shear_matrix), so the grid will change its central position (or x:0,z:0,y:0) to (x:1;z:-1,y:4) as soon it changes y floor (every floor has 4 1x1 squares of heigh on y)

View attachment 69583
lol it was just because it was so pixelated in the gif

Starting with Elvenbane, have planned a little story for this place, more stuff will be comming the next weeks ^^
Must prepare the uv's for procedural texture tests, the geometry is very clean for the moment, took me a while :)

Top camera (not sure if this is the right angle)
elvenbane_2.png

More inclination
1660625465985.png

Perspective view
1660625176578.png

elvenbane_1.png

Finished Spectre retopology, only eyes and teeth missing. Next step is to make main character's retopology, game scenario retopology and adjustments, and I'll start texturing (used Zbrush to sculpt, Maya for retopo, Arnold for render). :)

Spectre_34.jpg
Spectre_Front.jpg

Spectre_Side.jpg
Spectre_Back.jpg

Some isometry tests for the main character (gotta' investigate which way should I isometry the character)...

In_Game_Test.jpg
1664422804475.png

A render for the front view of the main character (still needs hair retopo hehe)...

Humano_2.jpg
Close-up render with front view

Close_up_Front.png

Edit~
More enviroment tests... :)

Test_Enviroment2.jpg

Regards!

Last edited:
Back