• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Avaricia 3D - Development Thread (Modeling, Texturing, Rigging, Lightining, and more!)

There is already a game like this, it's popular and has game studios publishing it. The creators are old-school tibia players. Most of the questlines have lore. Ethyrial: Echoes of Yore on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1277920/Ethyrial_Echoes_of_Yore/) Also, google the gameplay, perhaps you can get inspiration.

Thanks a lot! Is good to know there's similar projects where I can take some references :) Glad to know that old-school players could make a popular game on 3d, motivates me a little bit ^^

@onTopic

Some procedural work on enviroment textures, with first attempts for displacement maps, etc.
Test4.jpg

Test2.png

Last edited:
Man, u rly wasted 3 years doing this? It looks like prototype made in 2 days, not something u work a few years

Man, u rly wasted 3 years doing this? It looks like prototype made in 2 days, not something u work a few years
No I didn't jajajaja the idea was a few years ago (when I created this thread) then I started to work back in 26 July aproximatelly according to this post. About Unity the build was made from scratch since Wednesday 5 (October) to this day (aproximatelly 7 days). It is important precisely that it is a prototype, there are several final assets that are already ready in pre-production but are not yet in the game.
ok, u rly wasted 4 months doing this? It looks like prototype made in 2 days, not something u work a few months
By schedule I am in week 10 of work. This includes investigation of modeling, character design, storylines, etc. (pre-production). I mean, my first week was like "I want to do a 3d isometry game". So the beggining was actually, what the hell I should do to achieve it.

Thanks for the comments! Hope you guys enjoy the showoff, I'll keep posting
Regards :)

Wooow! Congrats for this great work, Ralke! I liked a lot seeing your progress on this game development. Keep going developing it! I hope to lee a lot from.

More advances. Started to script a bit more, and added the initical animatic (more animated, lol)

Going to add more stuff very soon, had to study a little bit to catch up Unity

Mechanic has 3 objects, the hint, the branch, and the fire:
  1. You can't use brown object if haven't pressed the hint
  2. If you press the hint, UI canvas is displayed, FireLight is turned on and you're allowed to stand on branch now
  3. When you stand on branch, another UI is displayed and the animation "Lifting" is reproduced
  4. It also turn the sword on on the character (as it grab the branch for a torch"
So what is missing is just to turn on the torch and light the character.
This is very fresh, just studied all this stuff. So probably I'll do system much more faster now.

Regards!

New test, this week I will have to present my prototype. Wish me luck! ^^
Im glad this project is slowly moving on.
I can see you fixed some animations ( like walking) now you need also to fix the interaction one, and maybe add rotation animations.
I know this is a prototype, but so far, basics are quite ok. Is this planned to be multiplayer or SP?

Is there any chance to help in the project? (I'm from Spain btw)

Im glad this project is slowly moving on.
I can see you fixed some animations ( like walking) now you need also to fix the interaction one, and maybe add rotation animations.
This last week have been crazy, i'm about to go sleep now... finally jajajaja I'm glad you liked it! Made such and effort on this, indeed I fixed walking using blend animations, had to rotate the axis on Maya and fix it manually took me so long to actually get this outcome, the incoming animations will be much easier now since I have studied all this.

samco said:
I know this is a prototype, but so far, basics are quite ok. Is this planned to be multiplayer or SP?
Not sure at all, since it's a prototype of my graduation, I always adapt to what I can do considering time. But i'm up for sure for future plans, if I learn how to do it multiplayer of course I would try to :D

samco said:
Is there any chance to help in the project? (I'm from Spain btw)
For sure!!!! I've been asking for help on many places such as discord, etc., i'm so happy for every people who had helped me on this development process theese days, it has been really hard. Cuando quieras me envias un mensaje en discord felipe23#1113 u otra plataforma estare encantado de recibir tu ayuda compa!! Saludos :)

Models are looking like they were created using sculpting method and this leads to simple models having TONS of polygons. It will affect rendering by a lot later on when you have more models like these on screen. Try to work on that, its better to start early than go through every model later on.

Did a git repo for the game in case anyone wants to take a look at it :D

oen432 said:
Models are looking like they were created using sculpting method and this leads to simple models having TONS of polygons. It will affect rendering by a lot later on when you have more models like these on screen. Try to work on that, its better to start early than go through every model later on.

Thanks for the comment! I have tried to keep the topology low, indeed there could be less edges but I still want to keep the "grid ones" this way I can know the distances better while I develop. Here's how i've been handling toplogy till' now:

1666676940543.png
1666677076288.png
floor topology.png

For the characters, here's the retopology, both have only the necessary loops for correct rigging deform (can be reduced a bit more, i'll see in near future):
1666677471996.png
1666677325776.png

Regards!

The presentation just finished today, wanted to share the feedback I had, i'm very happy after hearing it The feed is in spanish, so not everyone will be able to see it, but I still wanted to post this because it's a crucial part of my process. The feed starts at minute 2:13:44 ^^

Regards!

Back