• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Banishment

GooseBrotha

Reaction score
Hey guys, STiX here.

Apparently I've been banned from spamming on 'multiple accounts'.
Seeing as my brother isn't an OT fan (no pun intended), and I only have one account here (up until now), I'm more than positive this is the unlikely result of someone from school accessing OTL and spamming crap. Only 1 account from this IP should have been recorded, but I'd assume you'd banish all accounts with associated IP addresses with the offending account.

This is an unjust ban as I WAS NOT the spammer.
I DO access OTL at school, so I guess that's a risk I take - but I didn't think the odds were very high that someone from school was an OT goer, let alone a user of this smaller forum AND a spammer. You have to admit the odds of that are fairly slim.

So this is what I propose:
I get my original STiX account back, you're welcome to delete this one AND I won't go on OTL at school anymore. Oh, and if you could also pass on the details of the user or simply an MSN contact, username w.e so I can perhaps kick their ass into gear - that would be truly wonderful.

Stix is a nice guy, would be awful nice of you guys to unban him.

We got multiple users spamming the forum, we decided to lookup wich ip's they where using and it was the same as you always use.

I normally go on OTF at home, and OTL predominately at school.
Check the IP range I'm using ATM, I home now.

I'll also admit (though kinda obvious) that I'm not OTL's #1 citizen nor a fan of the forum. Yet I'm still a user here and check up on various things.
It's not in my best interests to get myself banned here and miss out on the TFS SVN and precompiled distro, nor no longer have access to the blog I've worked on etc.

@Anco:
I'm a little silly on the forums at times though, but I don't think thats the reason I've been banned here.

Master-m, could you check the posts.. like in what way Stix writes from main account and then from the multi-accs

Also what language and so on

That way you could see if it's him doing it or not. you could also check how he writes like Grammar, capitals, comas, full stops and such..

But i doubt Stix would be stupid enough to make accs and spam with useless posts..

If I'm not wrong he is/was a Mod on OTF. So i highly doubt he'd be doing anything like this over here at Otl.

Global moderator.
I'm not looking to cause trouble.

That said, I just as easily could type in riFlish/nuBish if I wanted to, but I've already provided a few reasons why that wouldn't be in my best interest.

@Anco:
Thanks for backing me up :)

The threads that is being created have almost the same title and content. What you are saying might be the truth..

Any chance they posted something at the same time I did or was logged in?
I think that would pretty much either prove it or give some indication it wasn't me.

Oh, and if it was 4chan stuff - I think I know a few people it may have been, if not I don't know.

Master-m, could you check the posts.. like in what way Stix writes from main account and then from the multi-accs

Also what language and so on

That way you could see if it's him doing it or not. you could also check how he writes like Grammar, capitals, comas, full stops and such..

But i doubt Stix would be stupid enough to make accs and spam with useless posts..

If I'm not wrong he is/was a Mod on OTF. So i highly doubt he'd be doing anything like this over here at Otl.

Are you an a**licker or something? If it's him he OBVIOUSLY changed the way he's writing to make us think it's not him.

Thats presuming it WAS me which it WASN'T.

Please don't raise you voice.
I said it wasn't me and last I checked, I have a right here to put forward my case.

[EDIT]
@Anco:
It'd probably be best if you stayed out of this mate.

[EDIT]
Punishment was invented as a deterrent for people not to repeat actions and for others not to follow them.
Now, if I'm agreeing to not log in OTL @ school, that's eliminating my connection with the spam and if I WAS the spammer, I've obviously been shown I can be caught - in EITHER case I've agreed to put in place preventative measures to not connect me with spam in anyway, so doesn't that give the same effect a banishment would? To stop 'me' from doing it again?

Only very serious things like posting CP, standard pR0n on some forums, severe rasicm/extremist views, threats etc. are enough to warrant a permanent ban in my eyes - and that person doesn't deserve a second chance. By initially banning a person with a fairly substantial (I won't disagree) link to the spam, you've already enforced your views on it to the public. So don't you agree that it has served it's purpose already? I've agreed to not in any WAY, SHAPE OR FORM be associated in uncalled for spam on this forum.

Again, I'd also like to know the content of the post/s and any other information I can get.
This might be a classmate's way of getting back at me for something - I'm pretty douchebaggy to ppl irl tbh.

Last edited:
Thats presuming it WAS me which it WASN'T.

Please don't raise you voice.
I said it wasn't me and last I checked, I have a right here to put forward my case.

[EDIT]
@Anco:
It'd probably be best if you stayed out of this mate.

I can raise my voice because it's me who did the first IP check and found out that you have the same IP with these spammers. I didn't say it's you, I said "IF it's you". Yes, you do have the right to put forward your case but I really don't believe it was someone else.

Sorry, didn't read it clearly.
Still you could have put the word 'could' in there :)

Sorry, :(

Anyway, what would I have to gain by spamming these forums?
Nothing.

That said, what would any spammer have to gain?
Still nothing.

The difference is, I don't have an agenda nor do I dislike this forum.
Sure, I prefer OTF - but it simply doesn't offer some of the other features I like in a forum, such as blogs for one example.
Theres no gain in spamming nor spending the time to make various accounts to do so, but a lot to lose.

Ask anyone from OTF, I've been known to troll a bit (even with my position to lose!) but it's all done under MY NAME and it's nothing serious.

I have unbanned your user, but the IP of your school(?) has been banned.

@Nikolas, just because someone is trying to help someone out don't mean their "ass lickers"

Back