• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia Bash Script - Sets up & compiles the TFS server, RME, Otclient, Lamp, phpmyadmin on Debian based OS

Do you find this script a little helpful?

• Not sure, I am new to linux or don't use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Random Number

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
This is a bash script I created from the information given on the respective wiki pages for compiling the TFS server, Otclient, RME, LAMP & phpmyadmin.

This script will not setup the tfs sql file or the aac. If you want to help improve this script please comment below.

Save this script as otsetup.sh
C++:
#!/bin/bash

: <<'END'
    This script is for testing purposes only

This script aims to setup almost everything for the TFS server on a Debian based OS.
    The only thing you will need to do yourself is the configuration of the mysql, phpmyadmin and your config.lua as well as any dat or spr you may need.

The project directory which is created, is placed in your home directory and then each aspect of the server is then placed in its own folder keeping everything nice and clean. All 3 executables are copied to their base directories after they have been compiled.

To install this script, open a terminal in the same directory as this file, key combo to open a terminal is
    ctrl + alt + t
    Type in the terminal
    chmod +x otsetup.sh
    If you named the file something else then you need to type that name in, if there are spaces in the name you need to use single quotes e.g. 'this is the file i named it as.sh'
    If you are unsure of the spelling then type
    ls
    or
    ls -a
    which will list everything even hidden files

Type in the terminal
    ./otsetup.sh
    This will execute script.
END

# Name of the Project, if there is a space in the name use either an _ or a - in its place
TFS='TFS'

# Go to the Home directory and make a Project directory
cd ~
mkdir $TFS && cd $TFS

# TFS - Server
sudo apt-get install -y git cmake build-essential liblua5.2-dev libgmp3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-iostreams-dev libpugixml-dev

# Go to the Project directory
cd ~/$TFS

# Git
git clone --recursive https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver.git

# Compile
cd forgottenserver && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
cp tfs ../

# RME
sudo apt-get install -y git cmake libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libarchive-dev freeglut3-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev

cd ~/$TFS

# Git
git clone https://github.com/hjnilsson/rme.git

# Compile
mkdir rme/build && cd rme/build && cmake .. && make
cp rme ../

# Otclient
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential cmake git-core libboost1.58-all-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libglew1.13 libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libphysfs-dev libglewmx-dev libz3-dev freeglut3-dev libc6-dev-i386 doxygen libncurses5-dev mercurial libssl-dev

cd ~/$TFS

# PhysicsFS is a library to provide abstract access to various archives
hg clone -r stable-2.0 http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/physfs/
cd physfs
sudo mkdir build
cd build
sudo cmake ..
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo mv /usr/local/lib/libphysfs.a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/.

cd ~/$TFS

# Get the sources, compile and run
git clone git://github.com/edubart/otclient.git
cd otclient && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
cp otclient ../

# Install Lamp -- You will need to be at the terminal to setup the password for Mysql
sudo apt-get install -y lamp-server^

# Install PhpMyadmin -- You will need to be at the terminal to confirm the password for Mysql
sudo apt-get install -y phpmyadmin

This is awesome! I would love to learn all you can teach about that area of .sh helping our work on compiling and so on. :)

I found something that installs lamp it is basically a 1 click installer.
LAMP
I ran it right off a usb memory stick from the terminal.
PHP:
sudo ./bitnami-lampstack-7.1.12-0-linux-x64-installer.run

The htdoc/www directory by default is
PHP:
/opt/lampstack-7.1.12-0/apache2/htdocs
Since its a standalone application it allows you to have more than one instance of it setup and won't interfere with any existing internal lamp installation. :)
ss.png

I just tested this script and it doesn't download, compile and install everything. I made some small but important changes to the script and completely tested it on a fresh install of linux.

The thing which was missing to make this work properly was
C++:
sudo apt-get update
C++:
#!/bin/bash

sudo apt-get update

# Name of the Project, if there is a space in the name use either an _ or a - in its place
TFS='TFS'
# Go to the Home directory and make a Project directory
cd ~
mkdir $TFS && cd $TFS
# TFS - Server
sudo apt-get install -y git cmake build-essential liblua5.2-dev libgmp3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-iostreams-dev libpugixml-dev
cd ~/$TFS
# Git
git clone --recursive https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver.git
# Compile
cd forgottenserver && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
cp tfs ../
sudo apt-get update

# RME
sudo apt-get install -y git cmake libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libwxgtk3.0-dev libarchive-dev freeglut3-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev
cd ~/$TFS
# Git
git clone https://github.com/hjnilsson/rme.git
# Compile
mkdir rme/build && cd rme/build && cmake .. && make
cp rme ../

sudo apt-get update

# Otclient
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential cmake git-core libboost1.58-all-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libglew1.13 libvorbis-dev libopenal-dev libphysfs-dev libglewmx-dev libz3-dev freeglut3-dev libc6-dev-i386 doxygen libncurses5-dev mercurial libssl-dev
cd ~/$TFS
# PhysicsFS is a library to provide abstract access to various archives
hg clone -r stable-2.0 http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/physfs/
cd physfs
sudo mkdir build
cd build
sudo cmake ..
sudo make
sudo make install
sudo mv /usr/local/lib/libphysfs.a /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/.
cd ~/$TFS
# Get the sources, compile and run
git clone git://github.com/edubart/otclient.git
cd otclient && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
cp otclient ../

sudo apt-get update

# Install Lamp -- You will need to be at the terminal to setup the password for Mysql
sudo apt-get install -y lamp-server^

sudo apt-get update

# Install PhpMyadmin -- You will need to be at the terminal to confirm the password for Mysql
sudo apt-get install -y phpmyadmin

excuse me guys, can you tell me where i can get start to learn cpp from zero?
im grade 1 computer science and would like to be a professional
thanks

excuse me guys, can you tell me where i can get start to learn cpp from zero?
im grade 1 computer science and would like to be a professional
thanks
This is not really the place to ask a question but a good place to start is Learn C++

Back