• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Beginner: Got a question and looking for mapeditor tutorial

Crazytoe

Reaction score
Hello Otland. My name is Crazytoe and I'm a hobby programmer that got experience in HTML, CSS, PHP, JS, but also basic knowledge in C++.

I have playing Tibia for a while now, and I start to get bored and want to do so much more in the game than just hunting and run away from another players that try to kill me everyday. My first thought was, is there any private servers that Cipsoft do not run? Then I found OTland. What I understand you make your own open-tibia servers and I want to be a part of that. The site got all the tools I need. Mapeditor and The Forgotten Server, that I haven't read so much about, but I guess that is the source where you can run your maps online and it including all the properties you need?

Anyway. I would like to learn how to map, so I then can create superpower items and much more for my brand new server. Which tutorials shall I follow? What advices do you got for me? I heard that World of Warcraft mapeditors found inspiration from the realworld and mix their fantasy into it, maybe that is the path for me?

Solution
Hi @Crazytoe , my best advise for you is start learning the basics about how-to open a server.

Like basic tutorials on OTS Guide.

Idk what kind of protocol you'll start running, but each project based on TFS Repo, use recent protocols (10.98+).

To start editing your items, edit your items.xml, its very easily to understand (inside the sources, on items.cpp and item.cpp, have the list of attributes).

Some items attributes when equipped only works if you register that on movements.xml file.

Take a look on weapons.xml its possible to create your own effects, powers, wathever...

Create your own executable TFS, compiling the sources of official repository and following the...
I'll start with that:

Hi @Crazytoe , my best advise for you is start learning the basics about how-to open a server.

Idk what kind of protocol you'll start running, but each project based on TFS Repo, use recent protocols (10.98+).

To start editing your items, edit your items.xml, its very easily to understand (inside the sources, on items.cpp and item.cpp, have the list of attributes).

Some items attributes when equipped only works if you register that on movements.xml file.

Take a look on weapons.xml its possible to create your own effects, powers, wathever...

Create your own executable TFS, compiling the sources of official repository and following the tutorial

About your map issue, start downloading the tool on > Remeres Map Editor 10.98 Thread. Map editor is very intuitive. Find the client folder and start edition the properly versions.

Code:
Google something like: map editor tutorial inurl:otland.net

Wish the best,
rodi.

Last edited:
Solution

Create your own executable TFS, compiling the sources of official repository and following the tutorial

About your map issue, start downloading the tool on > Remeres Map Editor 10.98 Thread. Map editor is very intuitive. Find the client folder and start edition the properly versions.

Code:

Wish the best,
rodi.
Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

Code:

Wish the best,
rodi.
About this. Do you got a good tutorial for SSH commands? Running your first ubuntu linux OT (https://docs.otland.net/ots-guide/running-your-first-linux-web-and-otserver)

Last edited:
Back