Best Database For TFS 1.2 - 10.98 - "Soft Whitelisted"?

Autobus

Reaction score
I was using Xampp as database/web for my server but I have been having a lot of issues with passwords not encrypting and different things, since my server is going to be kinda "private" I want to make all the accounts, and give each account personally to each player, what should I do for database? I don't know how much this will affect actionid and storages

Klonera

Once upon a time.
Reaction score
I recommend you to use Linux, OVH.com is cheap as hell.
And the best database should be Negix. If you're using Windows for some reason i suppose it's Uniform Server.
And if you're thinking of hosting on your own network ->
1. Your network speed/upload speed needs to be good.
2. You'll get ddosed, don't think you'll avoid it.
3. Stick to Linux

OP
A

Autobus

Reaction score
I recommend you to use Linux, OVH.com is cheap as hell.
And the best database should be Negix. If you're using Windows for some reason i suppose it's Uniform Server.
And if you're thinking of hosting on your own network ->
1. Your network speed/upload speed needs to be good.
2. You'll get ddosed, don't think you'll avoid it.
3. Stick to Linux
Yeah I already looked into the OVH hosting pricing but I didnt ask about that, the problem I have is about database management, the one I currently have stopped encrypting passwords and for some reason the password that is on localhost/phpmyadmin doesnt sync with the server (new accounts, old ones work)

Leftwing

Reaction score
You could just rent a small Linux distro and setup a Nginx webserver for the site. If you have 10 or less players why pay $110 a month? I understand if performance is a must with a decent player count and some custom source edits like increased enemy event interval changes, but even with those you could run a regular server and it would do just fine until you go above 10-20 players.

Klonera

Once upon a time.
Reaction score
You could just rent a small Linux distro and setup a Nginx webserver for the site. If you have 10 or less players why pay $110 a month? I understand if performance is a must with a decent player count and some custom source edits like increased enemy event interval changes, but even with those you could run a regular server and it would do just fine until you go above 10-20 players.
The thing is that there's the option for "VPS" and "Dedicated", and a server on OVH, even Dedicated for 110$ can run fine with 500+ i think.
VPS, for 10-20 players you can get a Linux server for 20$

Leftwing

Reaction score
Honestly though unless you are hosting 500+ or multiple servers with 20-50 each then don't bother. Dedicated hosting is a stupid choice for 99% of people, they simply don't need the performance. If you're using OVH get a $5 box for testing or a $20 box for a small server.

Most people should start hosting small and scale as necessary with growth.

OP
A

Autobus

Reaction score
Honestly though unless you are hosting 500+ or multiple servers with 20-50 each then don't bother. Dedicated hosting is a stupid choice for 99% of people, they simply don't need the performance. If you're using OVH get a $5 box for testing or a $20 box for a small server.

Most people should start hosting small and scale as necessary with growth.
VPS Cloud right?