• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best Database For TFS 1.2 - 10.98 - "Soft Whitelisted"?

Autobus

Reaction score
I was using Xampp as database/web for my server but I have been having a lot of issues with passwords not encrypting and different things, since my server is going to be kinda "private" I want to make all the accounts, and give each account personally to each player, what should I do for database? I don't know how much this will affect actionid and storages

I recommend you to use Linux, OVH.com is cheap as hell.
And the best database should be Negix. If you're using Windows for some reason i suppose it's Uniform Server.
And if you're thinking of hosting on your own network ->
1. Your network speed/upload speed needs to be good.
2. You'll get ddosed, don't think you'll avoid it.
3. Stick to Linux

I recommend you to use Linux, OVH.com is cheap as hell.
And the best database should be Negix. If you're using Windows for some reason i suppose it's Uniform Server.
And if you're thinking of hosting on your own network ->
1. Your network speed/upload speed needs to be good.
2. You'll get ddosed, don't think you'll avoid it.
3. Stick to Linux
Yeah I already looked into the OVH hosting pricing but I didnt ask about that, the problem I have is about database management, the one I currently have stopped encrypting passwords and for some reason the password that is on localhost/phpmyadmin doesnt sync with the server (new accounts, old ones work)

You could just rent a small Linux distro and setup a Nginx webserver for the site. If you have 10 or less players why pay $110 a month? I understand if performance is a must with a decent player count and some custom source edits like increased enemy event interval changes, but even with those you could run a regular server and it would do just fine until you go above 10-20 players.

You could just rent a small Linux distro and setup a Nginx webserver for the site. If you have 10 or less players why pay $110 a month? I understand if performance is a must with a decent player count and some custom source edits like increased enemy event interval changes, but even with those you could run a regular server and it would do just fine until you go above 10-20 players.
The thing is that there's the option for "VPS" and "Dedicated", and a server on OVH, even Dedicated for 110$ can run fine with 500+ i think.
VPS, for 10-20 players you can get a Linux server for 20$

Honestly though unless you are hosting 500+ or multiple servers with 20-50 each then don't bother. Dedicated hosting is a stupid choice for 99% of people, they simply don't need the performance. If you're using OVH get a $5 box for testing or a $20 box for a small server.

Most people should start hosting small and scale as necessary with growth.

Honestly though unless you are hosting 500+ or multiple servers with 20-50 each then don't bother. Dedicated hosting is a stupid choice for 99% of people, they simply don't need the performance. If you're using OVH get a $5 box for testing or a $20 box for a small server.

Most people should start hosting small and scale as necessary with growth.
VPS Cloud right?

Back