• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best tfs version for tibia 8.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

reisbro

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey folks, please read the entire post before posting an answer.
I am creating a new ot server (still on the idea phase) and it will probably be based on the 8.6 client. I will create new vocations and replace the old ones, I will edit all the items and monsters a little, and I will also create new spells (which will be mainly based on the original spells) and I will probably use a reset system. What is the best clean source that I can use that does not have those custom systems like anti-bot/anti bla bla bla and etc? I only want something stable that supports new systems that will be added eventually.

i mean, your post would be more credible if you could provide examples of bugs
I don't have an explicit example because I stopped using it quite some time ago and the issues were minor, if a distribution has issues with minor things then its a waste of time to work with. Plus the source hasn't been touched in almost a year which gives a strong indication that it was abandoned.

I would just go for 0.4 way easier, all scripts exists what you need :p
0.4 is full of bugs too, why do you think they basically went straight to 1.x? Plus there is no longer any official support for it (see below).

IMO OTX is just a huge mess and with each new feature you get a billion bugs, go with either TFS 1.2 or 0.4.
Well you are only saying that because you are part of the TFS development team, and also I've seen you turn people down who had issues with pre 1.x scripts so you shouldn't recommend to someone 0.4 if a support team member such as yourself provides no support it.

Otx has issues but so does TFS, but Otx has more features than TFS, I'd rather use a distribution which has more features than just issues. Like it or not otx is the future of open tibia servers. And the most beautiful thing about Otx is the majority of the code you write in 1 distribution of Otx can be used in another :)

I'm really happy with OTX in general.
I'm using 2.9 version for a 7.4 project and it's almost free of bugs
OTX 3.x is newer and still have some important bugs, but it's a decent distro similar to TFS.
If you ask here, home of the TFS, they all will recommend you TFS obviously.

Well you are only saying that because you are part of the TFS development team, and also I've seen you turn people down who had issues with pre 1.x scripts so you shouldn't recommend to someone 0.4 if a support team member such as yourself provides no support it.

Otx has issues but so does TFS, but Otx has more features than TFS, I'd rather use a distribution which has more features than just issues. Like it or not otx is the future of open tibia servers. And the most beautiful thing about Otx is the majority of the code you write in 1 distribution of Otx can be used in another :)

I hope you know there actually is no "TFS dev team", well there is it has 3 members, Mark, Ranisalt and Djarek.
The rest of us are contributors, we help out with what we can just as you can help out with what you can.

Yes I really don't like the 0.x versions, the script system is a huge mess and it has a bunch of code that hardely is used and just sits there taking up memory.
And yes there is a 1.2 8.60 version but I havn't tried it so I can't say if it's bug free or full of bugs - but if someone dosn't wanna use that version then let them use 0.4.
But there is one thing I can say and thats with 1.x you can get better support and faster help.

I do provide support for them, but it's alot easier with 1.x, 0.x is a huge mess and the position I have dosn't really matter in this case.
Im guessing you are talking about the auto arrows / bolt refiller code? Well simple answer is that I don't have a compiler for 0.x anymore, nor any source codes or even datapacks.
But I do still help out / support users with any protocol or server version.

Otx has more features but also more bugs with them, it's fully up to you to choose what server you wanna use.

I highly doubt that Otx will be the "future" of OTs, atleast IMO.

Which version of the 0.4 you recommend?

3777(with 3884 monsters.x files) = Linux
3884 = Windows

Wow! I did not think this post would become so popular haha, after reading all those posts and searching a little more, I have decided to go with the tfs 0.4 3884! Thanks a lot, I will edit the post as solved!

I hope you know there actually is no "TFS dev team", well there is it has 3 members, Mark, Ranisalt and Djarek.
The rest of us are contributors, we help out with what we can just as you can help out with what you can.

Yes I really don't like the 0.x versions, the script system is a huge mess and it has a bunch of code that hardely is used and just sits there taking up memory.
And yes there is a 1.2 8.60 version but I havn't tried it so I can't say if it's bug free or full of bugs - but if someone dosn't wanna use that version then let them use 0.4.
But there is one thing I can say and thats with 1.x you can get better support and faster help.

I do provide support for them, but it's alot easier with 1.x, 0.x is a huge mess and the position I have dosn't really matter in this case.
Im guessing you are talking about the auto arrows / bolt refiller code? Well simple answer is that I don't have a compiler for 0.x anymore, nor any source codes or even datapacks.
But I do still help out / support users with any protocol or server version.

Otx has more features but also more bugs with them, it's fully up to you to choose what server you wanna use.

I highly doubt that Otx will be the "future" of OTs, atleast IMO.

3777(with 3884 monsters.x files) = Linux
3884 = Windows
Do u have fixed 3777 version? If you can send me link here or PM. Thanks a lot
I use this [8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.4 but in this compilation I and OTlanders can't solve 2 problems.
Wow! I did not think this post would become so popular haha, after reading all those posts and searching a little more, I have decided to go with the tfs 0.4 3884! Thanks a lot, I will edit the post as solved!
Which compilation 3884 you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back