• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Black Desert Online

Amusement

Tactical Bacon
Reaction score

Black Desert Online Korean is a sandbox-oriented massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Korean video game developer Pearl Abyss. The game has been in development since 2010, and entered closed beta testing (CBT) in October 2013. Black Desert Online uses Pearl Abyss' own "Black Desert" engine specifically created to handle the fast rendering required for its seamless world and large-scale castle sieges. It was released in Korea in 2014, Japan and Russia in 2015, and North America and Europe in 2016. Black Desert Online uses a free-to-play model in Korea, Japan and Russia, while in Europe and North America the game uses a buy-to-play model.
Do any of you play this game? Which server, what level?

Bringing this to the attention of you guys because it's a very similar game to Tibia, an open world Sandbox, you can kill people freely, there's a a lot of crafting & life(relaxing) based skills to do- freedom to do what you want.
Also Guild vs Guild scenarios vs nodes(Areas on the map) & Castles sieges, all open world.
It's Korean, so it's still a very grindy MMO, but most of you here play Tibia so that should be a non-issue at this point, unless you're lying to yourself.
There's no max level either, there are soft caps which are basically levels where it increases hugely the amount of experience you need to take your next level.

• Open World Sandbox
  • Similar to Tibia, with open world PVP
  • Open World Guild Vs Guild battles
    • Castle Sieges & Node Wars
  • Similar grind to Tibia, with no Max Level
  • Game Requires a very high end PC to play

Been looking for games like this, think I might give it a try. Pros and cons anyone?

Been looking for games like this, think I might give it a try. Pros and cons anyone?

It's got more pros than cons, I listed a few already- Apart from it being Buy to Play, one time purchase/ it has a cash shop but it isn't pay to win.
That's about it.
It is a very grind based game, getting levels & such, similar fashion to Tibia, quests don't really give Experience.

You pvp anywhere you want, it's limited by a Karma system which is similar to Lineage if you've played(I think they have plans to change it, aka add a bounty hunter system etc).
A lot of life skills, fishing, gathering, actual trade between towns, Alchemy, few more.

There is legit, a lot to do in the game, it is similar to Vanilla WoW- it's been described as this a few times, no flying mounts, no teleports, you walk everywhere or use a horse & there's no instanced grouping systems or anything like that.

I just started yesterday. Haven't really got into it yet. I feel like the combat system is very hard to get into. A lot to learn.

I just started yesterday. Haven't really got into it yet. I feel like the combat system is very hard to get into. A lot to learn.

It is, it's very "Combo" based, free form, animation canceling. Takes a bit of skill to be good, but it's still a lot of fun if you play something a bit more face roll early on, warrior/tamer.

It's very skill based, very grindy (but as a tibian you probably dont mind that) It's a time sink until max level (as theres so much you want to do) but at max youll find you can maintain high tier with playing little (for example im rank 4 on 1 of the three north american servers in cooking and i only play 30-45 mins a day).

Best PvP in any mmo hands down

It's very skill based, very grindy (but as a tibian you probably dont mind that) It's a time sink until max level (as theres so much you want to do) but at max youll find you can maintain high tier with playing little (for example im rank 4 on 1 of the three north american servers in cooking and i only play 30-45 mins a day).

Best PvP in any mmo hands down
Yea I checked out a couple videos for pvp and it seems real nice. Definitely be something you'd need to get used to I'm sure.

Back