• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Book of Lies - Joshwa's cynical game.

Did you look at the timestamps of this report? The guy removed the content 3 months later. I confirmed it 3 days after his post. You removed it 2 months after all activity.
You asked for proof, I gave you an activity log.

And I told you ShadowCores didn't use any version past 1.1, so it wasn't affected (the bug was introduced in 1.2, which has not been released, and it's also a duplicate of another bug), and I don't change status from unconfirmed to bug unless I've confirmed it myself or someone I trust has confirmed it. However, it seems like OX was affected and has fixed it, so where's the fix?

Did you look at the timestamps of this report? The guy removed the content 3 months later. I confirmed it 3 days after his post. You removed it 2 months after all activity.
You asked for proof, I gave you an activity log. All that said and done, it was fixed on Shadowcores, why wasn't the crash patched in TFS?

This bug started in tfs 1.1 and shadowcores used tfs 1.0, this bugs was introduced without be noticied by mark.

You asked for proof, I gave you an activity log. All that said and done, it was fixed on Shadowcores, why wasn't the crash patched in TFS?

I check OtLand's Github every single day, to keep my server updated, and I can confirm that you are lying about it, @Mark never did that, the Kanohn, that is the owner of Fortera-Global did by himself.

I check OtLand's Github every single day, to keep my server updated, and I can confirm that you are lying about it, @Mark never did that, the Kanohn, that is the owner of Fortera-Global did by himself.

So you believe he knew nothing about it, didn't recognize the report, didn't think he should leave it open, maybe ask me for the details.
Wouldn't it be common sense to ask the person that can reproduce it to provide details for an important issue such as a crash.

why would Mark keep bugs in the software when shadowcores has closed down sometime ago already?

This encounter predates ShadowCores shutdown.

@Mark we do not use a walkback script in this scenario. Our fixes would not be relevant to your project.

Syntax, the first problem of your server, is that you dont listen the complains of your players.

Syntax, the first problem of your server, is that you dont listen the complains of your players.
true info if they see a post about X topic and they dont like it, 1st delete post, 2nd get ban. and GL.
dictatorship gaaajs

It's been 2 days since launch and we've been handling critical issues. That being said we have an update coming. (it's actually out, but we're writing up the changelog).

Ban a guys on ur forum, for like a funny forum thread xD

Ban a guys on ur forum, for like a funny forum thread xD

Sorry if some joke threads were removed, but the spam got out of control, our mods could not function with all the noise, we gave them permission to cull as they see fit.
We support their decision and judgement as we focus on the server. If you think a thread was unjustly removed, PM me and I will investigate.

I had hope in you ox admins.
Wake up. Boycotting otland and otservlist is like starting a war with facebook. You stand no chance.
You aren't first nor last people who tried this.

If you could solve your problem using pm instead of going apeshit on entire community that issue would be resolved pretty quickly.
Now please stop with your childish conspiracy theories about ot servers monopoly and rethink your behaviour.
We will welcome you back and eventually forgive you if you post a public apology, but we will never forget it.

So you believe he knew nothing about it, didn't recognize the report, didn't think he should leave it open, maybe ask me for the details.
Wouldn't it be common sense to ask the person that can reproduce it to provide details for an important issue such as a crash.

@Mark we do not use a walkback script in this scenario.

I do this on my free time, so I don't always have time to dig into every issue immediately, some issues can be left unanswered for months. Especially if they don't affect a release version, the master branch is meant for testing purposes and release versions for production (and 1.1 is not affected as far as I know). I don't hold myself more responsible than anyone else for the issue not getting more attention. Anyone could have asked for steps to reproduce or submitted a patch. I've explained how I see my responsibility here: https://otland.net/threads/is-the-forgotten-server-just-that-forgotten.243445/#post-2362349. You've drifted away from your original arguments though, which have both been proven wrong now:
1) you claimed that I fixed it on ShadowCores, but the bug was introduced in 1.2, ShadowCores wasn't updated past 1.1
2) you claimed that I deleted the issue, but the issue is still there and the contents of it were erased by the person who opened it. The activity log proves that you're wrong.

So let's get back on topic, where the OX team is also accusing OTLand of deleting threads, banning users and sweeping it under the rug. Do you want to elaborate what you mean with that? Obviously there's no way for users to tell why a thread was a deleted without asking, unless they were notified on the deletion, so I assume you have something more solid, or would you accuse any forum of that? As for bans, a reason is usually specified unless it's obvious why the ban is applied (e.g. spambots), and most bans are a result of too many warnings. It sounds more like a knee-jerk reaction because otservlist.org has its forum on OTLand, or are these claims as recent as last week?

Yep, must be lots of fun when you can't even move when you login and the server is offline on launch day and items are duped because they don't know how to save on crashes or rollback. Do you know what their server runs on? The engine is called TFS, it wasn't created by them, they have modified it and haven't shared any their changes. Do you know what kind of map they use? It's called real map and there are literally hundreds of them.

Oi,
Are we really fighting among ourselves now? I also hate how OX directed their hate against OTLand and I won't stand for that but there is nothing wrong with what @Tarek1337 said. In OTS history there have been enough servers who had fail starts, crashes and way back even just a couple of hours uptime. Was it still fun? YES! IT WAS! The first server I have played was always online in the evening hours only because the owner was home and hosted the server. I had lots of fun and hell yes, it was BUGGY. Could we all consider to cool down a bit and try to handle this in an appropriate way for mature people.

That being said I am also very disappointed and frustrated at the same time by the actions OX Staff has taken during this whole event and I am not sure if I will acctually continue playing.
Throwing away OTLand and Otservlist surely wasn't the best move to make.
But that is another story to be told^^

Kind regards,
Damon

Last edited:
So let's get back on topic, where the OX team is also accusing OTLand of deleting threads, banning users and sweeping it under the rug. Do you want to elaborate what you mean with that? Obviously there's no way for users to tell why a thread was a deleted without asking, unless they were notified on the deletion, so I assume you have something more solid, or would you accuse any forum of that? As for bans, a reason is usually specified unless it's obvious why the ban is applied (e.g. spambots), and most bans are a result of too many warnings. It sounds more like a knee-jerk reaction because otservlist.org has its forum on OTLand, or are these claims as recent as last week?

Sure.

"Mark can speak with us directly if he has any input about the situation, or his involvement with Xinn, however the dedicated forum space here on OTLand speaks volumes already".

Joshwa said in the post itself we were unsure of your involvement.
The last sentence did not have to be included as we do not have concrete proof.

EDIT: to clarify this thread wasn't directly targeted at you or your community, hence the thread title. We could have left out the OTLand part I agree, as we don't really have any backing for that. Our point still stands vs Otservlist.

Last edited:
Oi,
Are we really fighting among ourselves now? I also hate how OX directed their hate against OTLand and I won't stand for that but there is nothing wrong with what @Tarek1337 said. In OTS history there have been enough servers who had fail starts, crashes and way back even just a couple of hours uptime. Was it still fun? YES! IT WAS! The first server I have played was always online in the evening hours only because the owner was home and hosted the server. I had lots of fun and hell yes, it was BUGGY. Could we all consider to cool down a bit and try to handle this in an appropriate way for mature people.

That being said I am also very disappointed and frustrated at the same time by the actions OX Staff has taken during this whole event and I am not sure if I will acctually continue playing.
Throwing away OTLand and Otservlist surely wasn't the best move to make.
But that is another story to be told^^

Kind regards,
Damon

He completely missed my point, that's why I gave him a stupid answer hoping he would understand. Instead, he followed up with a dumber question.

Sure.

"Mark can speak with us directly if he has any input about the situation, or his involvement with Xinn, however the dedicated forum space here on OTLand speaks volumes already".

Joshwa said in the post itself we were unsure of your involvement.
The last sentence did not have to be included as we do not have concrete proof, I would ask Joshwa to edit the post and remove it, but you've already banished him. As I'm sure you'll do to me after we're done chatting.

He did post here that he would never apologize for that claim though, which I interpreted as him standing by his words, so I banned him because he's not welcome here then. This was his response when I asked for an apology for the false claim: https://otland.net/threads/book-of-lies-joshwas-cynical-game.243951/page-4#post-2370074. I never said that I support @xinn's action, I don't know the full story, in fact I've had my problems with @xinn in the past too and talking to him was the best way to solve those problems. From what I can tell, based on what has been shared publicly, you didn't fix your login server, and @xinn kept your server banned from the list. I'd say that's fair, but there may be more to the story that I'm not aware of so I'm not picking sides, I'm just here to defend OTLand and make it clear that we're not going to allow OX to advertise unless they apologize for the false claims. I'm not going to ban anyone else in the OX team for his post, but I did have to tell Summ to make a choice between being part of the OTLand staff and OX, because we can't have a moderator who works for a server that makes false claims about OTLand.

I'm not going to ban anyone else in the OX team for his post, but I did have to tell Summ to make a choice between being part of the OTLand staff and OX, because we can't have a moderator who works for a server that makes false claims about OTLand.

This doesnt really seem fair to me, as long as Summ doesnt make false claims himself...

Back