• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

BotShield Pro

Syntax

Developer
Reaction score
Been making a Anti-Botting script for awhile now and heres what I came up with it, I may release later on, depending on popularity of it.

Player passing after a few tries:
991730Accepted Picture.PNG

Player failing after too many tries:
171152TooManyAttempts.PNG

Player failing after time limit reached:
885237Time Limit.PNG

Player fail popup:
6836NotationBox.PNG

Basically every 45 minutes or so if the player has a battlesign and is not in a PZ area it gives him a math problem in the channel, he has 15 minutes to answer it. Simple. Punishment will be a notation.

EDIT: supporting uploadit.us ^.^ It's my favorite choice when uploading images, maybe not viewing atm due to slow load times, but its good enough.

Wow, what an awesome idea! that should keep those pesky botters out of an ot server for good!

Yeah I will try to improve it to be 100% bot free. I own ElfBot NG, and not halfbad at scripting in it, so I test if its bypassable, which atm it is with some scripting. But will keep 80% botters out of a server.

I may release it after Elemental Wars opens to the public.

I played a server that had this today(I think(, it's pretty bad.
A message said "You have been reported for botting. Please type I74v274 within 30 seconds or else you will get banned" or something like that.
How the hell are people supposed to be able to do that if they are hunting hard monsters or doing a quest?..

A message said "You have been reported for botting. Please type I74v274 within 30 seconds or else you will get banned" or something like that.
How the hell are people supposed to be able to do that if they are hunting hard monsters or doing a quest?..

15min vs 30sec mmmmm

As Kornholjio said...15 mins vs 30 seconds

15minutes is plenty of time to type a single digit number into a chat channel...im pretty sure you talk while ur hunting. whats the difference?

Ok, clearly we aren't talking about the same system the topic started is.

I am. You might not be. This is an excerpt from my first post. Kornholjio seen it apparently.

Basically every 45 minutes or so if the player has a battlesign and is not in a PZ area it gives him a math problem in the channel, he has 15 minutes to answer it. Simple. Punishment will be a notation.

I wouldn't prefer math problems, you could make the bot solve them, also it could annoy players which doesnt bot to leave your server.

What could prevent people from botting could be this, but it's highly ineffective. What could realy do it is a server-sided anti-bot script which receives information from the client, the client should identify programs that tries to manipulate the client and then send them to the server which disconnects the player.

I wouldn't prefer math problems, you could make the bot solve them, also it could annoy players which doesnt bot to leave your server.

What could prevent people from botting could be this, but it's highly ineffective. What could realy do it is a server-sided anti-bot script which receives information from the client, the client should identify programs that tries to manipulate the client and then send them to the server which disconnects the player.

completely agreed.
Say someone is using their mana rune every 1.5 seconds exactly for x amount of time...well thats a botter. shouldnt it be easy to detect? it wouldnt mess with non botters because you have to be using the same spell for over 20 mins straight at the exact same time or within seconds or even make it more complex like 3 mana heals + exevo gran mas frigo at same times = bot

completely agreed.
Say someone is using their mana rune every 1.5 seconds exactly for x amount of time...well thats a botter. shouldnt it be easy to detect? it wouldnt mess with non botters because you have to be using the same spell for over 20 mins straight at the exact same time or within seconds or even make it more complex like 3 mana heals + exevo gran mas frigo at same times = bot

Thats a ridiculous way to check for botting. First off its ineffective. Elfbot NG has a random delay time for any auto casting or any actions. You can randomize times. Second it would be ridiculous to check that for every player. Close to impossible. My script is a botting obstruction not a solution to ending it.

Thats a ridiculous way to check for botting. First off its ineffective. Elfbot NG has a random delay time for any auto casting or any actions. You can randomize times. Second it would be ridiculous to check that for every player. Close to impossible. My script is a botting obstruction not a solution to ending it.

You might think that is ridiculous, but if we combind all theese ways to prevent botting (excluding the math problems) we would have bot-free OTServers.

And as i said in my other post, both lockjoint and this BotShield Pro is highly ineffective.

No it is riiculous 100%, I agree with your points just not your method. Logging the times between players actions overtime on a large scale would lag a server unless it had alot of RAM. Its really not worth the outcome. Seein you can bypass it anyway.

How can something that shows up only every 45 minutes, only under certain conditions mentioned on the first post, and only showing a simple math operation like 1+3 (also on a different channel so it doesnt bother) possibly be annoying for a player making him "leave the server"?

You only need to type a number, hit enter and keep hunting like normal. That wouldnt make me leave a server, at least. Id actually feel better playing there because the Admin at least shows he cares about reducing botters.

Only botters would complain about a change like this on a server.

Also, as Old Greg mentioned before, he's not trying to "erradicate" botting, he's only reducing it. And most certainly not everyone knows how to make their bots solve the operations so it would certainly accomplish it's purpose: reduce botting.

Keep it up.

Back