• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Botting Discussion

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
I thought I'd open a thread about botting since there is a lot of people who are against it and for it.

I'd like to know your opinion about it.

I've botted since TibiaBotNG was released. And I've been playing since 7.1.
I have manualled, quite a lot. My highest manualled character was 140. My highest botted character was 212.

Thanks.

I, personally do dislike the idea of botting your character. I would miss all the fun moments i leveled and all the hardships i would have gone through.. And if i'd finally be a lvl where i would manual, i couldn't be looking proudly back at my character and say: "Hey! Thats me! It was a long way, but here i am! I have faced hardships and sleepless nights. This is my work, this is me." . Some people still can say that, i can't, if a bot is doing the work for me. Now adding the argument that you take the competitve factor from the manual players away getting put of their reach with ease.
Of course one might now come up with "But the game is full of botters!" . Well, it is. That doesn't mean i am doing it. Everybody stepping up and manualling again is a resistance to the botters. Everyone can step up and manual. On a PvP world we might at first glance be outnumbered, at second glance we might step up and at third glance we hold the switch to win! "You can sit here and quietly be selected out of this world(and give up to botters), or you can adapt and change."
It is right that CIP is not doing as much against botters as we wished, however they certainly DO SOMETHING.
Now its the players turn. Unite and together with CIP free Tibia from botters. Trap them, kill them, hunt them. It is our revenge. Let's enjoy it to the fullest!

Regards,
Damon

No offence against anyone botting (e.g. three) :)

for me botting is not playing...
But that is also one of the main reasons why i'm not playing rl tibia atm, they made the game boring imo and thats the main reason people are botting.
in custom servers you have new and exciting stuff to discover and explore whilest in rl tibia it are the same places, the same quests.

I also don't mind people botting, it is there choice and if they bug me i will just kill them (it's tibia, what'd you expect :p)
For me the main reason to love my time playing is the people i play with and i don't care that much about the else

for me botting is not playing...
But that is also one of the main reasons why i'm not playing rl tibia atm, they made the game boring imo and thats the main reason people are botting.
in custom servers you have new and exciting stuff to discover and explore whilest in rl tibia it are the same places, the same quests.

I also don't mind people botting, it is there choice and if they bug me i will just kill them (it's tibia, what'd you expect :p)
For me the main reason to love my time playing is the people i play with and i don't care that much about the else
+1

I will be going back to manual, when I see an improvement on Cips side. They have just hiked up the premium prices but with no intentions of improving the game. Therefore I will probably sell my characters and move on. We'll see though.

This is an interesting discussion though. I see lots of people saying they bot because the leveling aspect of the game is boring. Now how would Cip improve the game and make it fun to level?

Right now they are mass banning a bunch of people if you check bot forums.
They are also hoping to have their new partner come in this week for a meet. Hopefully it goes well.

Years ago I manualed because it was fun and my highest level manualed was 50 and that was high before, now I botted a chart to level 121 in 1 month and then sold it, I bot because it's boaring now.

I do not see any use in it as playing Tibia with friends is quite fun, but botting is not.
However I enjoy using bots and create scripts. Xenobot ftw

the best way, get money with bot and waste all the money with your main mage.

I think it depends on the reason of what you are using it for, CipSoft has made the game easier and easier over the years.

I disagree with most botting aspects such as Cavebotting and using ComboSD, Auto Heal/Anti-Para etc, absolutely defeats the purpose of the game.
Coming from me a player who usually has over 300ms ping to any of CipSoft's servers, absolutely ruins my chances for PVP and then coming up against a player using a bot for these reasons just completely pisses me off when they kill me and rant afterwards because of how awful my "PVP skill was" I can survive most of the time but when it takes a few seconds for me to see a magic wall or something disappear just frustrates me and really sets me at a disadvantage.

There are people who bot because they have school, work or other commitments and this is no excuse. Gaming is something you should be doing in your spare time if you wish, and I could only wish botters had more respect for other players.

What I think CipSoft should do?
Do what Rockstar does, create a cheaters pool based on IP's, accounts and so forth, emails/alternate emails.
There's definitely a way for CipSoft to find a fix, it may not be easy.

Features of the bot I do not care for:
*Light Hacks
*Addon Hacks
*Map hacks (full minimap and so forth)
*HUD Modifications

There's probably more but I can't remember what most bots feature.

Either all, over my time playing Tibia I've never liked botters.
Legitimacy is a big deal to me.

simple fact, instead of going to work, school or out of the house and leaving your character to level justs shows how lazy of a person can be, i ask the people who level over 200 with bot you get that level sooner and faster but, you dont have any memories with your character as in your first good loot, like after you loot something somebody trying to kill you and escaping etc. etc. you dont have memories with the character all you can say is thank you to a bot, and all your friends will laught at you saying noob botter didnt level with his hands manually, botters are lazy, and retards good evening

Not entirely true since my "friends" ask me for scripts and botting tips, so that is your opinion.

Botting is an option for lazy people after a surtain level, exp is hard instead of leveling a character from 200 to 201 in 5-8 days manually with a reasonable time database, with bot for 26 to 36 hours non-stop botting is quicker so that shows the lazy person making a bot level for (s)he, in other words it is reasonably true.

Botting is an option for lazy people after a surtain level, exp is hard instead of leveling a character from 200 to 201 in 5-8 days manually with a reasonable time database, with bot for 26 to 36 hours non-stop botting is quicker so that shows the lazy person making a bot level for (s)he, in other words it is reasonably true.

You see, this isn't true. It's an opinion. I started botting because the game was too repetitive. So I wanted to bot to a higher level to enjoy new aspects of the game which I have done. I don't bot because I am lazy since I still enjoy manualling. If you asked a botting community most of them still manual from time to time because they enjoy the game but not the repetivity. Cip caused this, not the bot developers. Everyone has different opinions and I respect yours. But you cannot say it is true or it is a fact without proof.

My opinion is a player's dissatisfaction with a game is not a reason to bot, it's an excuse. If a game is no fun then just stop playing it, all it does is ruin everyone else's fun who does enjoy playing. I quit playing real tibia because of all the botters. I lost interest in fighting hunting spots because of botters... The only thing that Cipsoft has screwed up with the game is getting rid of Gamemasters to ban them.

What I think about bots ?
There is 3 kinds of servers. Real map, Customized mid/low exp, Customized high exp.

I will talk about the 2 customized kinds since I never palyed a real map open tibia server.

Custom high exp: in 70% of the servers That I played you got to a content end after about 2 weeks of playing in which you reapeat alot of things you were doing earlier such as some prestige servers where you hunt the same kind of monsters till 700k and rebirth and repeat. I dont get how people can butthurt about people botting on these servers since They are mindless afkbrain servers.

The lowrate servers : People are actually trying to get PVE content in aswell as Rpg content. The problem is that people who play Highexp ots play those too and get bored of to slow leveling since 717k on a server with a 4x exp rate is KINDAAAA hard to get. so they bot. Botting destroys structure, the overall economy since they farm a amout nfo time peopel without bots wouldnt get a shittons of money and pay prices other people wouldnt pay. I dont understand people who setup a bot, bot 12 hours, come back and set it up at a new spawn, sell loot and go afk anotehr 12 hours.

I completly disrespect botters on lowexp servers wile i can atleast a littlebit understand them on highexp servers where you repeat the same stuff over and over again.

Back