• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Brainstorm Idea's!

12-24 Towns, 3 of which are owned by individual teams (team 1,2,3).
The other 9 towns are not owned but are neutral until the enemy boss falls. At which point, the team that defeats the boss now gets the town and its defences.
The idea of the game is to defend and attack other teams towns.
The way you could set this up is to have team 1 closed after say 20 players are in that team and only say 10 in the others. until they average out.
There is no end game really. Its just a never ending war taking and defending towns strategically. some towns may give additional stats to defender's whilst others close to the strangle point of the team home town lowers stats on players.
Successfully defeating or defending towns gains lvls but not hp/mana/skills etc. All players have the same HP dependent on their character type. (knight/arch/sorc/druid). Lvls are displayed as trophies on the score board.
Its just a concept, but no one else is contributing so good luck :)

Sounds a lot like the server I've been working on in my spare time for the last eighteen months or so, although it was always intended to be simply a part of a larger Role-playing experience than a full server. I'd love to see somebody elses take on this. Not sure I'm overly happy with the way my original concepts have been playing out, which sucks because it was a lot of work! :p

Ive almost completed it :p in 3 weeks xD..
I know the feeling fella.
I am doing exactly that, making it apart of the 195mb map that i am running.
Everything will be in 1 server. Balancing it will be key tho :p. I am getting there so xD. Slowly but surely. maps this size take a lot of ram lol...
the tfs runs at 6gb with just a few characters online. Lucky enough i got another 54g spare on the dedi server :p

Haha yeah. I expect it would have taken a lot less if I wasn't working all hours and knew what I was doing! I'd never been involved in OT when I started out, and it was just a fun side project to work on, and it has been. The whole thing is playable now, and I do play it in my spare time when I fancy getting back to the old times of Tibia. It'll be great to see what comes of the idea once you're done with it though, sounds like you have a lot better grasp on things than I could, and the resources to make it spectacular! :)

Well time will tell..
I dont even know if its what the public wants tbh :p.
So many thaughts floating around my head its hard to keep a certain objective.. I keep floating between crafting/skills/pvp/vocations etc. I have only just added the 21st vocation and now i have an idea that will branch those out to a further 16.... The Wiki on the server will be just as difficult to do as the server itself lmao.
Well time will tell..
All is going good. im going to take a little 2 day break from all the lua files tho xD.
Its time to mong out infront of DayZ or somthing :p

Back