• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Bug] TFS 1.4+ InitDamage attribute in fields doesn't work properly.

G

glapa93

TFS 1.4:

"InitDamage" doesnt work properly. When I step on the "field" one more time it deals "damage" instead of "initDamage".
<item id="1491" article="an" name="energy field">
<attribute key="type" value="magicfield"/>
<attribute key="decayTo" value="0"/>
<attribute key="duration" value="120"/>
<attribute key="field" value="energy">
<attribute key="initDamage" value="30"/>
<attribute key="ticks" value="2000"/>
<attribute key="count" value="7"/>
<attribute key="damage" value="25"/>
</attribute>
</item>

gif:
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/45514240/145229495-03eb59bf-d5eb-447e-b45b-e479e47eadc2.gif

What is more if I use double "damage" (the first one instead of "initDamage") and I step first time on the field it deals 25 dmg and 30 dmg in the same time. The good thing is that at least it correctly deals 30 damage when stepping second time:
<item id="1491" article="an" name="energy field">
<attribute key="type" value="magicfield"/>
<attribute key="decayTo" value="0"/>
<attribute key="duration" value="120"/>
<attribute key="field" value="energy">
<attribute key="damage" value="30"/>
<attribute key="ticks" value="2000"/>
<attribute key="count" value="7"/>
<attribute key="damage" value="25"/>
</attribute>
</item>

gif:
![URL="https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/45514240/145228541-1781321b-c8e3-49b5-a6dd-345b1591357a.gif"]energy2[/URL]

@Nekiro @marksamman

github: updated items.xml with initdamage by EPuncker · Pull Request #3098 · otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/pull/3098)

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, i have messed up this post. didnt see your answer

I am sorry, the script works perfectly. I messed up my movements.xml when I was changin IDs. Thank you.

Why is the condition being add infinite times while player stands over the magic field?

Exemple: energy field should hit 30 + 25 after 10s, but in my case it deals 30 and 25 (each 10s) + 25 + 25 + 25.... until the energy field below the player decays to 0. How can i fix that?

I want to make just as old tibia, if a player steps over a energy field it hits 30 and after 10s hits the 25 and then end the condition regardless if the player is still over the energy field

There are plenty of energy fields on senja (alawar's vault) and on the way to demona (near pickhole), test yourself and post the results

It also happens with every magic field (poison, energy and fire).

Where exactly in .cpp files do I need to go to change that behavior?

1642790193785.png
It was supposed to hit 25 once then end.
1642790408266.png

Last edited:
Why is the condition being add infinite times while player stands over the magic field?

Exemple: energy field should hit 30 + 25 after 10s, but in my case it deals 30 and 25 (each 10s) + 25 + 25 + 25.... until the energy field below the player decays to 0. How can i fix that?

I want to make just as old tibia, if a player steps over a energy field it hits 30 and after 10s hits the 25 and then end the condition regardless if the player is still over the energy field

There are many more bugs with these fields. First thing: monster which step on poison field are not suppose to get const_me_block animation but const_me_green_rings. These monsters and players are not suppose to receive 5 damage on every step in but 0 damage.
Fire fields and energy fields work fine for me but if immune (also immune and invisible) monsters step on them, they should receive const_me_block animation.
These fields are bugged in every distributions, even on Cipsoft 7.72 revealed test server files and even on master cores and tibiantis.

There are many more bugs with these fields. First thing: monster which step on poison field are not suppose to get const_me_block animation but const_me_green_rings. These monsters and players are not suppose to receive 5 damage on every step in but 0 damage.
Fire fields and energy fields work fine for me but if immune (also immune and invisible) monsters step on them, they should receive const_me_block animation.
These fields are bugged in every distributions, even on Cipsoft 7.72 revealed test server files and even on master cores and tibiantis.
It is working fine in mine :) and i would say on tibiantis too. The Cipsoft 7.72 are working according to the 7.72 version.

How in the Earth can the leaked server have it wrong, when it is literally the same server Tibia used back in 2006? I assure you Tibiantis has them correct too.
In newer Tibia poison fields dealt 5 damage on collision, but not in 7.7 yet. Prior to 7.6 when monster immuned to that type of damage stepped on the field it showed both field + block animations. Later it only showed the block. Damage ticks are infinite as long as you are standing on the field. What else?

How in the Earth can the leaked server have it wrong, when it is literally the same server Tibia used back in 2006? I assure you Tibiantis has them correct too.
In newer Tibia poison fields dealt 5 damage on collision, but not in 7.7 yet. Prior to 7.6 when monster immuned to that type of damage stepped on the field it showed both field + block animations. Later it only showed the block. Damage ticks are infinite as long as you are standing on the field. What else?
I will tell you "what else" mr angry.
First, let's start from the quotation: "How in the Earth can the leaked server have it wrong"
The answer is: That is bugged test server, not original release and that is why conditions and even paralyze runes are bugged there. In old times of tibia 7.6 when an immune monster has stepped on a field it didnt show field effect, here you are wrong. It only displayed blockhit animation and it doesnt affect poison gas. Poison gas showed only animation of green circles without the blockhit effect.
Trust me, I have watched tons of Tibicam videos where Demon steps on fire and it only displays blockhit animation without field effect and tibicam videos where Scorpion steps on a poison gas and it didnt display blockhit but only green circles animation, so here you are wrong, Kay.
Post automatically merged:

It is working fine in mine :) and i would say on tibiantis too. The Cipsoft 7.72 are working according to the 7.72 version.
Looks like you have not tested it properly.

I will tell you "what else" mr angry.
First, let's start from the quotation: "How in the Earth can the leaked server have it wrong"
The answer is: That is bugged test server, not original release and that is why conditions and even paralyze runes are bugged there. In old times of tibia 7.6 when an immune monster has stepped on a field it didnt show field effect, here you are wrong. It only displayed blockhit animation and it doesnt affect poison gas. Poison gas showed only animation of green circles without the blockhit effect.
Trust me, I have watched tons of Tibicam videos where Demon steps on fire and it only displays blockhit animation without field effect and tibicam videos where Scorpion steps on a poison gas and it didnt display blockhit but only green circles animation, so here you are wrong, Kay.
Post automatically merged:

Looks like you have not tested it properly.
Bugged test server? Are you drunk?

Bugged test server? Are you drunk?
Could you please stop spamming this thread?
Test servers have been being released to make sure that the game is able to be released without bugs. In this case player help developer to find bugs on test server.
So yes, test servers usually are bugged.

Could you please stop spamming this thread?
Test servers have been being released to make sure that the game is able to be released without bugs. In this case player help developer to find bugs on test server.
So yes, test servers usually are bugged.
Looks like you have no clue where the tarball came from, but still you pretend to show to anyone reading your stuff that you know what you are talking about, funny. Just one more clown added to the ignore list along with @Beo adding laughs reactions to every post i do.
Just to be clear, you are just one more deceiver around in this community.

Back