• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Build me a custom gaming PC OtLander's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU: AMD FX-8320 New Vishera Eight-Core AM3+ CPU , 3.5Ghz ( Turbo Speeds Of Up To 4.0Ghz) , 125 Watts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Badass, mine's running at 4.8Ghz fine with no hickup, however I'm running a hellish cooling system. Your build is similar to mine, however I spent a little bit more money :p 1400$'s an still doing final touch's :D

If you spent $1400 I am still wondering what currency you're talking about as my price that I have listed is all in New Zealand Dollar (NZD), The total of mine is approx $1100 NZD

If you spent $1400 I am still wondering what currency you're talking about as my price that I have listed is all in New Zealand Dollar (NZD), The total of mine is approx $1100 NZD

Well his location said USA so id assume USD.

Since you bought that motherboard, you are stuck with AMD processors. Bad move. AMD processors are only good for Budget-gaming in my opinion.

Last edited:
Since you bought that motherboard, you are stuck with AMD processors. Bad move :/. AMD processors are only good for Budget-gaming IMO.

Your wrong.

Your wrong.
If we don't count pricing, which is AMD's true capability,

I challenge AMD's beastly Vishjera to defeat Intel's godlike i7 3930k.

Winrate of AMD? -10%.
Winrate of Intel? ∞%.

*EDIT-1*: And that's not even talking about the i7 3970X.

Last edited:

Thanks my humble spelling servant.

If we don't count pricing, which is AMD's true capability,

I challenge AMD's beastly Vishjera to defeat Intel's godlike i7 3930k.

Winrate of AMD? -10%.
Winrate of Intel? ∞%.

FX 8350 is comparable to i7 3770 || i5 3570, and has a great performance. You won't have any problems using that with games cpu wise.

A high-end rig will do fine with FX8350.

Thus:
AMD processors are only good for Budget-gaming in my opinion.
Is invalid (or well, its only your opinion). Ofcourse you can puke more money and do something better intel wise, but that does not mean AMD is only good for budget gaming.

I assume (due to your opinion) that you think budget-gaming means: anything except the most expensive performance-burning 'shiz on the market.

My FX 8350 has never been the bottleneck of my rig.

Last edited:
Thanks my humble spelling servant.

FX 8350 is comparable to i7 3770 || i5 3570, and has a great performance. You won't have any problems using that with games cpu wise.

A high-end rig will do just fine with FX8350.

The term "comparable" is used to state either all of the pros and cons of two factors, or a specific area's pro and cons, and state the differences between them, using a certain system, take scoring as an example.
Regarding CPUs, in order to compare between two processors in regards to efficiency, you only have four ways to compare between them:
1- Power consumption ratio (Watts).
2- Price tags ($$$).
3- Average heat under load.
4- Bottle necking other parts of the system.

Now, since we eliminated the price tags element, we can decide to choose to compare between any two given processors, since we are comparing based on brand, using all pros and cons as deciding factors.

AMD FX 8350 Vishera Octa-Core Vs. Intel i7 3930k Hexa-Core.
1- Winner? Intel i7 3930k. (Although Intel's i7 3930k has a higher TDP, many reviewers have proven via testing methods that Intel's processor performs better than AMD's processor, both on Idle mode and when it's handling high load.)
2- Eliminated.
3- Winner? Intel i7 3930k. (Using retail coolers.)
4- Winner? None. (Considering both do not bottle neck any modern gpu.)
(Based on this review: Intel i7-3930K vs AMD FX-8350 in Processors (CPUs).)
Overall winner: Intel 3930k.

So, no biased fan-boy based opinions, Intel > AMD in processors if we disregard the cash value. Even if you don't like how that sounds. I did not intend to sound aggressive, in case I did, I apologize.

The term "comparable" is used to state either all of the pros and cons of two factors, or a specific area's pro and cons, and state the differences between them, using a certain system, take scoring as an example.
Regarding CPUs, in order to compare between two processors in regards to efficiency, you only have four ways to compare between them:
1- Power consumption ratio (Watts).
2- Price tags ($$$).
3- Average heat under load.
4- Bottle necking other parts of the system.

Now, since we eliminated the price tags element, we can decide to choose to compare between any two given processors, since we are comparing based on brand, using all pros and cons as deciding factors.

AMD FX 8350 Vishera Octa-Core Vs. Intel i7 3930k Hexa-Core.
1- Winner? Intel i7 3930k. (Although Intel's i7 3930k has a higher TDP, many reviewers have proven via testing methods that Intel's processor performs better than AMD's processor, both on Idle mode and when it's handling high load.)
2- Eliminated.
3- Winner? Intel i7 3930k. (Using retail coolers.)
4- Winner? None. (Considering both do not bottle neck any modern gpu.)
(Based on this review: Intel i7-3930K vs AMD FX-8350 in Processors (CPUs).)
Overall winner: Intel 3930k.

So, no biased fan-boy based opinions, Intel > AMD in processors if we disregard the cash value. Even if you don't like how that sounds. I did not intend to sound aggressive, in case I did, I apologize.

Ok, fuck price and intel wins. But unfortunately not everyone can do that.

I never said AMD > Intel, I just don't agree that AMD can only be useful for budget gaming. With unlimited money you can get a more powerful rig with intel, but you can still get quite the powerhouse with AMD.

Anyway this is only going back and forth so I'll end the discussion here. xD If it pleases you I admit defeat. :)

But taking peroxide in mind, considering his preferred budget, I am all-in for AMD. This is a budget gaming rig after all.

Last edited:
Oh, well pardon me then. I do not intend to insert myself or others into pointless chit-chat as I find it disgusting and view it as a waste of time.

Yes, now that I can see your point of view towards this conversation between me and you, I recommend AMD for Peroxide. Intel is blatantly overpriced, and does not offer a HUGE power difference when compared to AMD. AMD is dirt-cheap, and that's what I like so much about it. I do not hate AMD, or Intel, but I simply state facts based on what I've been reading on the internet.

But anyway, I think it's a bad idea to get the Octa-Core processor, simply because NO game on planet Earth can use all 8 cores yet. Similar to how NO game on planet Earth can use hyper-threading technology yet. I'd consider getting any Quad-Core or Hexa-Core AMD processors, which would be marginally cheaper than the Octa-Core variants, and use the money to buy a strong GPU. I'm an AMD fanboy when it comes to GPUs, and I believe that "Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7870 OC 2GB GDDR5 Windforce" is a VERY nice card, I'd buy it if it's available to Peroxide considering his budget/hardware availability.

*EDIT-1*: I just checked, that GPU I stated above is absolutely out of Peroxide's available budget.
"Gigabyte Radeon HD7790 OC HDMI DisplayPort Dual-DVI 2GB" sounded reasonable to me...

*EDIT-2*: "EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HDMI Dual-DVI 1280MB" is also a cheaper alternative.

Last edited:
Since you bought that motherboard, you are stuck with AMD processors. Bad move. AMD processors are only good for Budget-gaming in my opinion.
I don't really care too much for that as this is a cheap build, AMD have pretty cheap processors and that's what I like, If I ever have the money to afford an Intel processor then sure, I'll do that but not this time around. Never really liked Intel processors based on my past with them anyway, they've always tended to crap out on me.

hey peroxide, I'm soon buying a custom build desktop here in sydney , I didn't read much of the thread answers so I'll ask anyway.. Are you buying everything from Amazon?.. do the pieces come as a whole package or you just bought them separately?.., I've found some places around oz that seem to be pretty good and the price I've got for one set-up its around 700A$... but perhaps there are more savvy ways to do it :D

I bought my Case from Pbtech.co.nz and everything else from AlphaCity (Both NZ companies), not sure if they branch to Australia though.

Didn't know AMD was for budget gamig pc's....... All I have ever had is AMD, and mine's clocked on a super steady 4.7Ghz right now easy.... :/ I'v burnt many Intel's up that I'v built for friend's and family.. all depends on how they are setup and used. :)
Also Peroxide, I'm in the US :) So 1,400$ USD'S and counting ;)

Last edited:
Didn't know AMD was for budget gamig pc's....... All I have ever had is AMD, and mine's clocked on a super steady 4.7Ghz right now easy.... :/ I'v burnt many Intel's up that I'v built for friend's and family.. all depends on how they are setup and used. :)
Also Peroxide, I'm in the US :) So 1,400$ USD'S and counting ;)

Okay, well my PC is approximately $827.00 USD

Not to bad. :p I got 3 SSD's running in mine at about 200$'s each guessing that could make up the difference in the two build's. Also trying some nitrogen cooling too :) and 4 monitor's, 3 cd/blueray drives. :) But i build pc's for extra cash an run a pc shop now, so I love a super strong pc. Nice build too ;)

I'm in need of a monitor cable, one that my monitor supports aswell as my graphics card.

My graphics card says it supports Dual-Link DVI-I, but my monitor only says it supports DVI (My monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 943), I googled DVI ports but only found things such as DVI-I, DVI-D etc but no standalone DVI. I was wondering if the monitor supports dual link but I'll wait and see until my graphics card arrives so I can see it for myself.

Is it possible to get a VGA adapter for Dual-Link DVI-I?

- - - Updated - - -

All main components purchased! Cheers Znote and the rest for your help :)

I ended up buying a HDMI cable + a HDMI->DVI Adapter, now all I have to do is sit and wait for the last two parts to arrive (CPU/GPU) and then assemble :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back