• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Buying spells

Should it be several NPCs with several locations around the map? or only one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
What you think about buying spells on a low EXP real map 8.60? Will it be good or bad? I have seen few servers which made it but removed it after few days for some reasons, Will it be annoying? Pay to play?

Last edited:
I was thinking about every player logs in with only 3 spells Exura, Utevo lux and Exani Tera Then he'll have to buy the rest when he reach exact level/magic level.
I have already made the scripts/NPCs but not sure if I should implement them to the server or not.

I was thinking about every player logs in with only 3 spells Exura, Utevo lux and Exani Tera Then he'll have to buy the rest when he reach exact level/magic level.
I have already made the scripts/NPCs but not sure if I should implement them to the server or not.
i would suggest using like PVP token or lootable token (Spell Tokens) earnable by anyway that you buy with it spells only, also try to build a story around it, maybe a quest to start buying?

Sounds annonying to be honest.
I thought about buying only spells like exevo gran mas frigo etc.
Otherwise its way to annonying to buy every single spell especially when you create for fun a new char

Will it be annoying? Pay to play?
Are we talking about buying spells for real money?
Or ingame money?

If you are talking about real money, then NO.
--- If you do this, it can't be the big boi spells that overcome all others. Why? Because that will make it pay to win. Whales will play, but standard player will leave.

If we are talking about ingame money, then why not?
--- Alot of servers use it as a teaching thing. You pay money to learn a spell.
Nobody goes from learing how to solder one day, and build a computer from the ground up the next.

It's all about how it's implemented, better spells require more dedication. While worse spells require less.
You could make quest lines where you learn how to use it. You could make a trading where you just give an npc money for instant knowledge.

How would you like to learn spells on your server?
Would you like to pay money for it?
Would you like to just learn it as fast as your skill levels allow you?

i would suggest using like PVP token or lootable token (Spell Tokens) earnable by anyway that you buy with it spells only, also try to build a story around it, maybe a quest to start buying?
Quest or PVP token will make it extremely hard, Even harder than real Tibia not sure if everyone will like it also don't forget I am creating a 8.60 server where people are used to easy/1 week servers so its too hard to change their minds.
Lootable token should be good but the issue here isn't how you buy it, Gold/Tokens/Scroll, Its about how much players will accept it.
Post automatically merged:

Sounds annonying to be honest.
I thought about buying only spells like exevo gran mas frigo etc.
Otherwise its way to annonying to buy every single spell especially when you create for fun a new char
How about if I added all the spell teaching NPCs to one area? Instead of having to travel to every city like in Cipsoft's Tibia? Or made it just one NPC in Thais temple? so you only have to level up/magic level up and collect the gold needed for each spell?
Are we talking about buying spells for real money?
Or ingame money?

If you are talking about real money, then NO.
--- If you do this, it can't be the big boi spells that overcome all others. Why? Because that will make it pay to win. Whales will play, but standard player will leave.

If we are talking about ingame money, then why not?
--- Alot of servers use it as a teaching thing. You pay money to learn a spell.
Nobody goes from learing how to solder one day, and build a computer from the ground up the next.

It's all about how it's implemented, better spells require more dedication. While worse spells require less.
You could make quest lines where you learn how to use it. You could make a trading where you just give an npc money for instant knowledge.

How would you like to learn spells on your server?
Would you like to pay money for it?
Would you like to just learn it as fast as your skill levels allow you?
OFC not real money, I meant in-game gold/platinum/crystal coins.
Not sure how should I implement it to the server yet, but I made NPC scripts exactly like the ones on Cipsoft's Tibia where you go when you gain levels then buy your new spells for amount of gold/platinum but I think that it will be annoying to keep travelling to different areas (specially when players are low level) to buy just 1 or 2 spells like some spells are in Port hope/Ankrahmun/Carlin/Venore so players will get tired.

Last edited:
How about if I added all the spell teaching NPCs to one area? Instead of having to travel to every city like in Cipsoft's Tibia? Or made it just one NPC in Thais temple? so you only have to level up/magic level up and collect the gold needed for each spell?

Sounds good

Quest or PVP token will make it extremely hard, Even harder than real Tibia not sure if everyone will like it also don't forget I am creating a 8.60 server where people are used to easy/1 week servers so its too hard to change their minds.
Lootable token should be good but the issue here isn't how you buy it, Gold/Tokens/Scroll, Its about how much players will accept it.
Post automatically merged:

OFC not real money, I meant in-game gold/platinum/crystal coins.
Not sure how should I implement it to the server yet, but I made NPC scripts exactly like the ones on Cipsoft's Tibia where you go when you gain levels then buy your new spells for amount of gold/platinum but I think that it will be annoying to keep travelling to different areas (specially when players are low level) to buy just 1 or 2 spells like some spells are in Port hope/Ankrahmun/Carlin/Venore so players will get tired.
you can use the tower or room of NPC's can give this place a great decoration and name, and create new spells system, where you get spell points by progressing (killing monsters) like anti-bot system, maybe on each 10 monsters 1 point, 100 monster 1 point you can make it also on levels but i like monsters more, and you make the spell requirement is those points might name them Magic Points for easy/1week server, 10years server can use stronger name like Moral Points, you might also don't like it, but i think it is better than looting gold because not everybody likes paying for spells

but I think that it will be annoying to keep travelling to different areas (specially when players are low level) to buy just 1 or 2 spells like some spells are in Port hope/Ankrahmun/Carlin/Venore so players will get tired.
I think that cipsoft have made it so that different npcs sell different spells is partly to encourage adventure to new areas.
As far as I know, there is not really a big way to go, since if you are a premium player in RL tibia, you can boat everywhere.
Ofcourse, that is also a quality of life premium features.

I appreciate everyone's idea above, I have done it with gold/platinum coins, Here how it looks.
The reason why I did choose gold/platinum coins over the other great custom ideas is because I want to keep it as original as possible.
wrath.PNG
I will create a simple vote to this thread, I appreciate anyone who will gonna participate on it.

I prefer cipsoft spells seller NPC not via trade :)
I think its easier through trade (I can do both) but not everyone will know the spell names and it will be annoying for some players to keep opening TibiaWiki every time they need a spell.

I think its easier through trade (I can do both) but not everyone will know the spell names and it will be annoying for some players to keep opening TibiaWiki every time they need a spell.
Indeed

I like this idea personally:

so newbies who don't know or are playing a new voc, or you have custom spells - are aware of them when they get them.

Last edited:
Nice idea, In-game notifications are ofc easier for everyone instead of browsing wiki every time they advance to a new level, I will be adding it after I finish my map tests, Thanks for pointing this here.

Thanks for everyone who participated, I made it exactly like Cipsoft's Tibia NPC locations but with notifications and trade, NPC will only show the spells for your level/vocation and after buying the spell it will disappear of the list so players don't get confused.
Might edit it later to be easier if I got many complains about it after server start.

Back