• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Bye Stian :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ped0bear

Haters keep hating
Reaction score
Stian is no longer a mod nor a developer of TFS.

Just want to great you for the work you´ve done in both of the positions.
You did the work in an excellent and fair way, and developed things none wanted too... for free.

Take care.

(Hes banned.) :p

Can't blame Talaturen, he had his own reason and it was a justifiable one.
Though, I wish him(stian) good luck in his future.

I think it involves VAPus.

To bad, I really think Stian was a good mod and TFS dev..
Hey, stian.

It seems your intention in OpenTibia is to move it to a state that CipSoft will no longer accept, and that conflicts with my intentions. You also seem to be running an OpenTibia community yourself (even one that is violating our rules by linking to), and that is a problem if you're a moderator here too, because either you choose to help us or you choose to promote VAPus and it's obvious in your signature what you are choosing to do.

Rumors also say that you were only developing The Forgotten Server for barker, and that you won't do it anymore, so I've removed you from that position as well.

I would like to thank you for your time and I hope you understand my decision, it is not personal (although I've disliked you in the past, I promise that is not the situation right now). I just don't want OtLand to follow the same path by competing with VAPus and starting to break real laws (allowing users to sell copyrighted material!). Good luck with your community.

Kind regards,
Talaturen.

Rumors also say that you were only developing The Forgotten Server for barker, and that you won't do it anymore, so I've removed you from that position as well.

Funny :p He developed let´s see... 8.5 for me? 2 years ago I believe?
He hasn´t made me any c++ script since then :p but yeah sure...
otlands loss, not mine.

Atleast I have the honour... I brought him here in the first place ;)

Funny :p He developed let´s see... 8.5 for me? 2 years ago I believe?
He hasn´t made me any c++ script since then :p but yeah sure...
otlands loss, not mine.

He was working on 0.4 only for you, he had even forked it as some special version for you called ptfs if I recall correctly. He said that there was no reason to work on it because you were on vacation (source: Stian says: Thats why TFS 0.2 is going down F). It's not really a loss to OtLand if he can't handle that it's illegal (not only on OtLand, there are copyright laws!) to sell something that is copyrighted by someone else without their permission (maptracking isn't creating your own map, it's stealing someones map).

TFS violates DCMA (by reverse engineering tibia protocol) and that there is no legal diffrence between offering real maps and selling them, and that the TOS of vapus doesn't make us the owners of the file, and that we take no legal responsibility?

nor a developer of TFS.

Where was this stated?

Oh nevermind... saw it.

Well I can understand both sides but I don't believe stian had any reasons to develop TFS other than the sheer joy of programming. His steady stream of commits in the SVN speaks for itself.

TFS violates DCMA (by reverse engineering tibia protocol)

Actually the fair use of reverse engineering a closed system is explicitly protected under the DMCA.

Last edited:
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Talaturen, I read that conversation log (Fallen vs. Stian) that you posted, that is the most classic and hilarious argument I have ever seen on the internet.

Just made my fucking day, I wish I could REP++ you.

Talaturen

if is illegal to sell real maps and files with copyright, why the hell is allowed to post datapacks/maps to download? i don't understand what difference?

@Kiel, real map is something that CipSoft made and they wish people had not made copies of it.
If people post their own work in the map/datapack section, then they are releasing something they made.
If CipSoft released the map to the map section, then real map won't be illegal.

Copyright just makes it so people can't copy things that aren't supposed to be copied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back