• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ C++ Monster::onWalk 40% CPU // Linux CPU 110%

S

Shadow_

1625927560113.png
hey, i really don't get it because there isn't any lua script related to player/monsters movement, what might force it to be that high

All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Use a stable version of TFS so preferably a version from around 3 years ago. Now it's not a good project to use anymore if you want a stable engine

Use a stable version of TFS so preferably a version from around 3 years ago. Now it's not a good project to use anymore if you want a stable engine
Its all understandable but think about it 3 years ago this TFS didn't do 100% CPU for walk function in any another ot, so why i posted this thread is what exactly to look around im not asking so somebody tell me do this and this i just need assist

My tfs is updated last time in 2020 so its 1.3 outdated, but still not much difference from my current

im wondering could monsters paralyze be a reason for this to happen?

Yes I recommend otservbr or otx for a stable engine. Xml developers in tfs cant code so dont use

(Cant quote your other message)
Well why would lua scripts be the issue? You modified your source code probably, you could start by telling us what you modified.

Last edited:
Yes I recommend otservbr or otx for a stable engine. Xml developers in tfs cant code so dont use

(Cant quote your other message)
Well why would lua scripts be the issue? You modified your source code probably, you could start by telling us what you modified.
Ok around movements :
i have the old otclientv8 walk only, the first one released and im trying to upgrade it to the new one .

another source edits :
Monsters Level by inferum (Disabled Speed, changed monster extra DMG for levels to be from combat.cpp)
Store system (WIB)
Awaken System (just a function to reset player and give him extra HP/MP on advance.

I did much testing and i resolved that when a player get into an area with monsters more than 15, and all are trying to target him the server cpu goes to 100%, i tested everything else its stable so yeah as the perf says its the create walk functions

already done upgrading the new walking and still high cpu usage, i started to guess the server can’t handle it

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the old otclientv8 walk only, the first one released and im trying to upgrade it to the new one .
After installing 'OTCv8 walk system' on kasteria.pl, CPU usage by 'checkCreatureWalk' was 4-5 times higher. There are many extra calculations on server side, to keep walking smooth on low FPS laptops and ping 250ms connections. We had to buy http://************/ "Multithread path finding [$500]" to make server run with CPU usage below 60% with 1000+ online.

Back