• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can I run Tibia through a proxy?

Zasranets

Alan
Reaction score
Long story short.. I'm 99% sure I'm not able to play a certain Tibia server due to where I live. It's weird because I've never encountered this problem in all my years of playing OTs.
I want to know if it's possible to run a Tibia Client through a proxy/vpn.

If it is possible can someone explain to me how to do it? Thanks.

Yes its possible, but explaining it is another story.. you need to provide more info or just google it on how to.
For instance I use windows 7
So I put in google "how to connect to a proxy server windows 7"
And google gives me this
Code:
To change proxy server settings
Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
Select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
More items...

Of course this isn't what I am looking for.. I already know how to do it, but the process just differs from os to os

Just install WTFast, then open Tibia client and choose option "Open with WTFast" or something similar.

Just install WTFast, then open Tibia client and choose option "Open with WTFast" or something similar.
Holy shit it worked LOL. I can actually login to the game now. Love you. <3
But I have to pay for this program.. so when my free trial runs out I'm kinda of screwed.

Edit: Is there a similar program to this, but instead of games it would work on websites? I know I can use random proxies.. but even with those most of the time the website won't load.

Which tibia server?
Probably one of the most best server I'll end up playing. The only con is.. that it's entirely in Portuguese and when I say entirely I mean EVERYTHING lol. You can't even walk to up an NPC and say Hi, you have to say Oi. All items, spells, equipment, npc, dialogue, it's all in Portuguese which is indeed very lame, but as long as you have general tibia knowledge it's not that bad. I basically just use Google Translate for needed things.

It's a server that's been around since 2007 and has had many ERA's. Many Brazilian review I read said that it was the best OT they have ever played. It's pretty much 100% custom and even has custom sprites which I saw through videos. I can't vouch for how good the server actually is since I've only been playing it for 30~ minutes, but oh man so far it's good. It has that true RPG feeling to it. It feels like I'm playing Tibia for the first time because everything is new in a sense. There are 5 races with a total of 23 vocations. I'll post a video of it if you're curious. If you want to know more send me a PM.

@topic
Once again thank you @Deepling for helping me out. Not sure what I'll do when the free trials runs out but I'll think of something. I'm sure a VPN would work as well, but I wasn't able to set one up lol.

Probably one of the most best server I'll end up playing. The only con is.. that it's entirely in Portuguese and when I say entirely I mean EVERYTHING lol. You can't even walk to up an NPC and say Hi, you have to say Oi. All items, spells, equipment, npc, dialogue, it's all in Portuguese which is indeed very lame, but as long as you have general tibia knowledge it's not that bad. I basically just use Google Translate for needed things.

It's a server that's been around since 2007 and has had many ERA's. Many Brazilian review I read said that it was the best OT they have ever played. It's pretty much 100% custom and even has custom sprites which I saw through videos. I can't vouch for how good the server actually is since I've only been playing it for 30~ minutes, but oh man so far it's good. It has that true RPG feeling to it. It feels like I'm playing Tibia for the first time because everything is new in a sense. There are 5 races with a total of 23 vocations. I'll post a video of it if you're curious. If you want to know more send me a PM.

@topic
Once again thank you @Deepling for helping me out. Not sure what I'll do when the free trials runs out but I'll think of something. I'm sure a VPN would work as well, but I wasn't able to set one up lol.

It's free now, premium just gives you option to don't display ads.

Edit: Is there a similar program to this, but instead of games it would work on websites? I know I can use random proxies.. but even with those most of the time the website won't load.

You can try Unlimited VPN - Hola. It's an application for Chrome and Firefox.

Back