• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Can see charlist but not connect to the server

farore

Reaction score
Hello
I'm trying to set up my ot so people can connect to it but for some reason noone outside my network is able to join, all they can see is the charlist. I'm running the server on ubuntu 14.04 in virtualbox on my windows 10 pc.

In config.lua i've got
sqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
ip = "192.168.0.8" - this is the ip of the Ubuntu

With this setup the ports 7171, 7172 and 80 all get this message on canyouseeme.org - "Success: I can see your service on "my global ip" on port (7171/7172/80) Your ISP is not blocking port 7171/7172/80.

I am able to connect with 192.168.0.8 and "my global ip". Others outside my local network are only able to connect with the global ip and they only get as far as the charlist.

Anyone got any suggestions?

EDIT:
When I make ip = "my global ip" or "127.0.0.1" I get this message:
Error: I could not see your service on "my global ip" on port (7171/7172)
Reason: Connection refused

Port 80 however is working.

Last edited:
This happens sometimes if you are using a forwarded IP.

Instead of using otlandot.no-ip.biz(just an example) use the actual ip address and see if it works.
Make sure you have the actual ip address in the config.lua of the server as well.

This happens sometimes if you are using a forwarded IP.

Instead of using otlandot.no-ip.biz(just an example) use the actual ip address and see if it works.
Make sure you have the actual ip address in the config.lua of the server as well.
I'm not using an ip like that, the only way I get it to "work" atm is with "ip = 192.168.0.8"(the ip of the ubuntu on my VM)
This however only let's me login from my local network, noone outside it can acces the game, only the charlist. So 7171 works but not 7172?
I've deactivated the firewall on ubuntu completely.

I'm not using an ip like that, the only way I get it to "work" atm is with "ip = 192.168.0.8"(the ip of the ubuntu on my VM)
This however only let's me login from my local network, noone outside it can acces the game, only the charlist. So 7171 works but not 7172?
I've deactivated the firewall on ubuntu completely.

Make the login server and the game server the same port. (If they aren't)

Make the login server and the game server the same port. (If they aren't)
I think you should get the public id, you can get it from what's my ip then add it to config.lua, I'm not sure
He is right, I didn't read your entire post.

Type in "What is my ip" into google and it will tell you your ip address.
use that in your config.lua
I think you should get the public id, you can get it from what's my ip then add it to config.lua, I'm not sure

When I make ip = "my global ip" or "127.0.0.1" I get this message:
Error: I could not see your service on "my global ip" on port (7171/7172)
Reason: Connection refused

Port 80 however is working.

Yepp, the bridge is properly setup.

Back