• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can this VPS handle a big ot?

Qei

Reaction score
It costs 120$ a month and its located in south america, where i will be hosting.

VPS DIAMOND
DESDE $120.00 USD
MENSUAL

Espacio de disco100GB
100% Complete

RAM24GB
100% Complete

vCores4
100% Complete

Procesador2.4 GHz
100% Complete

Conexion100 Mbps
100% Complete

Ips dedicadas1

I would say easily, but what does "big ot" mean to you?

It also depends on type of this ot. How big is the map, how good is your server coded and etc.

Im gonna be honest guys,
I tough it was a dedicated server.
Im not such a genius with computers clearly :p

Thats why its a bummer but well, atleast i should try it..
Thats why I was friendly asking if its gonna be okey for it.

Its for a 7.4 . Full map.

yEIvK9S.jpg

don daniello ask's 10 euro per RAM, 24GB RAM for 120$ seems fair instead 240 euro aprox lol
It costs 120$ a month and its located in south america, where i will be hosting.

VPS DIAMOND
DESDE $120.00 USD
MENSUAL

Espacio de disco100GB
100% Complete

RAM24GB
100% Complete

vCores4
100% Complete

Procesador2.4 GHz
100% Complete

Conexion100 Mbps
100% Complete

Ips dedicadas1

Paying almost double for half the specs

Also 250 mbps of bandwidth
unknown.png

Last edited:
the real issue with dedicated hosts is.. can they handle ddos attacks... if they can't there is no point imo

South America servers are expensive (and who knows if they're reliable), but it should give better ping to other South Americans, so if that's your goal then it might be worth trying out.
I've also been recommended Miami servers for better prices and the best ping available for South Americans from a North American location.

You will also likely be vulnerable to DDoS attacks with a host like this, but this is the case for most hosting companies - only a few provide DDoS protection without huge additional costs.
You should generally be able to overcome this with well thought out damage reduction techniques however.

Other than that, it should be fine, or at least worth trying out, and if it doesn't work out - make a backup and move elsewhere.

Back