• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can you move a spell's combat area after creating it with an array?

MikeWazowski

Reaction score
Say I create a spell's combat area in its own lua file, like this:

Lua:
local circle = {
    {0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0},
    {0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0},
    {1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1},
    {0, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 0},
    {1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1},
    {0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0},
    {0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0}
}
local combat = Combat()
combat:setArea(createCombatArea(circle))

Some combat effects like ice tornadoes don't fill all positions in the area, and it's a bit tricky to get them to shape up just the way you want; even changing the creature (3) value around changes the resulting shape. I got my spell to be the exact shape that I wanted, but at the cost of moving the creature tile away from the center. I want to re-center it, without re-organizing the resulting combat area: is there a way to edit an area that has already been set and shift it away a block or two? Be it using lua or c++, I'm looking for any kind of method that might allow me to do that. This is using TFS 1.4.0, if it's of any use.

I apologize if this should be in the Requests forum, I wasn't sure which of the two it would belong to. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

What you could do is have your current effects but with no damage, and off centre..
and then have a 'no effect' damaging combat area, that hits in the correct area

So you'd get the correct damage area, with the intended visual effect

Back