• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
deathsot is nice name for this server since it will be dead again after some days because of the botting :D
ggwp lets reset and make server dead in days again and now deathzot is just like any random reseting ots that xagul cried about in his earlier posts b4 reset

Well i've been looking at this thread every now and then really happy to see a reset, personally I really like this server and i will most definitely be playing again. And to everyone that is bitching about botting its not that big of a deal the main problem is when someone has 10x clients open botting thats where the major factor comes into play. If there was a certain way to exclude this, it would be fantastic. Also, another thing lets use Ascalon for example, its a 8.7 server i believe people arent suppose to bot but they still do it and once the staff starts to take certain measures and bans people many people start quitting and the server starts dying. Currently it has 82 people on at the start it had about 120-135 everyday I think since people cant bot as much they lose interest because in all honest no one has the time to sit and grind for X amount of hours. So Xagul and Synthetic hope all goes well and the server does come out well.

PS: to all the people saying its going to die in the first few days I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:
Release Date: Friday, November 6th at 3:00 PM EST!

bla_1446840000.png

deathsot is nice name for this server since it will be dead again after some days because of the botting :D
ggwp lets reset and make server dead in days again and now deathzot is just like any random reseting ots that xagul cried about in his earlier posts b4 reset
Deathzot doesnt die within a few days it dies within a few months

This is going to be an extremely long post. If you are one of the people that complain about bots on OT servers you better read this because it is for you... I hope this will be enough to make you understand why 8.6 is this way and why pretty much every tibia version will always have bots to some degree.

Part 1: The sad Truth
(Sorry if this disappoints you, but I think you guys need to hear it.)
No one individual is going to sit on an OT for 12-16 hours a day searching out people using bots on an 8.6 client. I say 12-16 hours a day because that is the amount of time it would require to actually make a difference. The second the GMs log out to go to sleep, people will set up their bots around that schedule. We have 2 admins, both of which live in the US (1 west coast, 1 east coast) so best case scenario we could alternate time schedules so that we overlap our coverage by 3-4 hours allowing the other Admin to take a break. In that best case example, each Admin is still logged in searching for botters 6-8 hours a day. Here in america 8 hours is the average work day. With that said, you would have to be so outlandishly arrogant to think that an OT is worth working like a full time job just to make sure people aren't botting.

So many of you might be thinking. Hey Xagul, why not find a hand full of GMs? The answer to this is quite simple... Have you ever played an OT with a large number of GMs that weren't corrupt and/or treated some players unfair? I personally have not.

Every OT that I have ever played (and I have played a metric fuckton)
That has had GMs (pretty much all of them actually)
Has either:
  1. had corrupt staff that banned people for stupid reasons
  2. had staff that treated some people unfair because they didn't like them
  3. played the favorite game allowing some people to get away with things they shouldn't
.​
(Had to remove some text to be able to post under 10k letters)

You made the fishing rod automatically fish for fuck sake, how is that making it "harder to bot".
And you seem to think that its impossible to create a system where you grant people GM characters who can only go inviss, ban/kick and tp to temple and people.
Or another system where you can make people report people by screenshot or recording and posting it on the forum where there, one of the GM's can look if anyone is botting, so you guys don't have to run around looking for people.
You don't try to solve the problem because you think its impossible.
And whats fun is that you say "well we use 8.6 and people will bot here".
I warned you from fucking XDC days that this would happen with a 8.6, that your servers will eventually die because manuell players DO NOT get rewarded.
Problem with XDC = people botting mining and some mobs to get the best gear to later manuell or bot better mobs that others cannot kill yet.
Problem with DeathZot = People botting mobs is probably the most effective way of levling, i botted up a 7k character in like 2 days or some crap, because i took a task, looked back on the client now and then to leave it in.
Botters can task AS EASILY as manuell players, and if they know the Uber spawns, they just have to pause the bot and kill it, which makes the fucking case of ubers not helping manuell players either.
And PS, where i earned the most money in Deathzot was from a party of 6 people fishing in the caves where the elves are, i found fucking 25k on the ground because they picked up the orbs.
I know you have ACTUALLY tried to make this server give manuell players more than botters, but it does not work, the only time where you can get more than the botters is when they are sleeping/working/school.
But then you also need to play when they sleep+work/school and then also play when they active bot.
So yah, complaining that its "hard" to manage a server like this is no joke, it is hard. That is why you cannot try to take all the work that is needed upon yourself.
Make people have to screenshot/record a person botting, posting it on the forum to get him banned and you have only the 1/10 of the work to do.
And manuell players LOVE to kill/report botter, because we will make our hunting grounds better and with more respect than botters hitting everything on the screen.
It becomes a respect thing which Tibia is the only game that has, people will either try to kill each other or respect the spawns, and with that comes the community of wars, guilds and help from others.
I remember when Deathzot began, EVERYONE wanted to go to the World bosses, heck people botted them too by just standing inside there.
That is where you found alot of people, and EVERYONE on the server helped out to kill the boss.
THAT is amazing, THAT you do not see when people bot.
Thanks for your time.

as flatlander said botting isnt really the problem, allowing bots means its a fair game and everyone can do exactly the same things (though knowledge of bot will separate people, but that is easily learnable.., and many people share the stuff they make also) but rather its the massive mcing.
there are ways to combat mass mcing for loots of loot and shit, but most are pretty annoying to implement since proxies are a joke to setup for each client nowdays.

Saying that you need to get knowledge of bot to play a server is like suggesting you learn how to handle a truck to learn how to ride a motorbike.
Playing Tibia specially OT's takes knowledge of the server etc, but you should should not have to learn how to properly bot efficiently just to be able to meet people on equal grounds.
That statement itself is idiocy.

Saying that you need to get knowledge of bot to play a server is like suggesting you learn how to handle a truck to learn how to ride a motorbike.
Playing Tibia specially OT's takes knowledge of the server etc, but you should should not have to learn how to properly bot efficiently just to be able to meet people on equal grounds.
That statement itself is idiocy.
?
if you dont allow botting at all, the people who are better at hiding their botting will benefit more, dont act like servers that disallow botting dont have a fuckton of botters..
its not like i cant play my main char on 1 screen, and have more chars on other screens botting and just going on those if someone comes or talks etc..
and fishing? really? so hard to bot fishing, like typing 30-40 letters or COPYING AND PASTING the thing from the forums... afaik xagul just added the auto thing to strain server less because ppl spammed the fishing rod like 20 times a second

however the point you bring up about botting then pausing for ubers is a good one because you xp almost like a manual player while you still take all the loot (even worse if you also bot all the ubers, since you can mc a fuckton of chars doing it..) and ive told xagul already he should change ubers and chests to not make them bottable

and yes you can do everything a manual player does with a bot, but you're never actually going to be as efficient as a manual player which is where they get their advantage (stamina also limits extensive botting on 1 char), the biggest problem with botting is when ppl are mcing 10 chars botting them all, thats nothing you can compete with manually

Let every one use a bot if they want to and make it PVP where people drop "Items" and it will be GG ))

You made the fishing rod automatically fish for fuck sake, how is that making it "harder to bot".
Holding down a hotkey and clicking 100 times a second to fish is so fun for manual players. Why would I ever make an attempt to help manual players prevent carpal tunnel... idk.

And you seem to think that its impossible to create a system where you grant people GM characters who can only go inviss, ban/kick and tp to temple and people.
I did not say impossible, I said it is extremely hard to find trustworthy people.

Or another system where you can make people report people by screenshot or recording
Witch hunts as I said previously.

You don't try to solve the problem because you think its impossible.
No, not because it is impossible. Because it is difficult and the entire point of making the server 8.6 was so that instead of trying to PREVENT the bots, we instead give everyone equal opportunity to use them.

I warned you from fucking XDC days that this would happen with a 8.6
First of all, I have no idea who you are. Secondly, if you "warned" me about this happening (botting on an 8.6) then I guess I should thank you for pointing out the extremely obvious. I never would have guessed people would use elfbot on 8.6. Thank you for opening my eyes.

Problem with XDC = people botting mining and some mobs to get the best gear to later manuell or bot better mobs that others cannot kill yet.
What? The only problem with XDC was that I couldn't keep up with the high level players easily so I decided to abandon the project because it was too much work and I made pretty much $0 doing it because I tried to have 100% fair donations that nobody was interested in. If the server requires ~10 hours a day to develop and you end up making $50 a day... that is less than a minimum wage job at mcdonalds.

Problem with DeathZot = People botting mobs is probably the most effective way of levling
That is why you think Deathzot has a problem. You think botting levels matters and so you most likely had shit equipment and got killed quite often.

i botted up a 7k character in like 2 days or some crap, because the admins implemented a handicap system that helps new characters catch up to the "curve" by giving them up to 10x experience rate.
Fixed for you.

Botters can task AS EASILY as manuell players,
The task system was never meant to be anti-bot. If I wanted that I would just make the npc assign a random monster or something like that.

And PS, where i earned the most money in Deathzot was from a party of 6 people fishing in the caves where the elves are,
I am confused on this one... You walked up to a party of 6 bots that had dropped 25k gold on the ground? So basically, you thought 25k was a lot of gold on Deathzot?

the only time where you can get more than the botters is when they are sleeping/working/school.
But then you also need to play when they sleep+work/school and then also play when they active bot.
The idea here is to actually give manual players an efficiency "bonus" and due to stamina, a manual player that plays enough to drain stamina will have gained more than the botter that isn't taking advantage of the time they spend.
This entire idea sorta fails when people have 10 characters that are level 20k+ and can either 1. bot them all or 2. alternate between stamina.
One thing I would like to say about this is I think most people with many high level characters before were abusing pvp experience. I am curious to see how it plays out this time now that it is no longer possible to bot 10 characters and kill them for experience every few hours.

And manuell players LOVE to kill/report botter,
If you kill a botter and they are truly botting afk. They will be sent to the light room and cannot auto walk back. So basically, if you do enjoy ruining a botters day so to speak, just kill their bots and the will wake up having gained nothing.

heck people botted them too by just standing inside
If they were just afking characters inside the world boss then that does not qualify as "botting"... They were simply afking.

That is where you found alot of people, and EVERYONE on the server helped out to kill the boss.
THAT is amazing, THAT you do not see when people bot.
I agree, things that bring players together in 1 spot is always fun. That is why we give out free RP from the hourly events so that people want to do them all the time. That is why we have made things such as the boss in the lake that require a large amount of players to kill. We also made dungeons extremely party-friendly by giving everyone personal loot but alas, players would rather bitch about dungeons taking too much time rather than teaming up with a couple people to make them faster.

Back